• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Legacy (3DS) announced [JRPG, SaGa & ex-S-E staff, MASASHI HAMAUZU]

top_logo.png

The game is developed by Cattle Call (who worked on the Metal Max games on DS and 3DS, and worked with ArtePiazza on the DQ remakes on DS, Opoona on Wii, AND Innocent Life on PSP/PS2).

Trailer (thanks L-A!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBzhsmc0RdY

Screens:

ibhKbfYNmxdBBz.jpg
ibjt2gUR9Or3xE.jpg

i7SCm0DFKRgQ1.jpg
ibvNGsYBFuqbYS.jpg

imls44AkcgGrO.jpg
iXzg6a8fz0ktR.jpg

ibihQMk5LQS95v.jpg
ieaamzRdylZyR.jpg

ibhonns7qvuNZI.jpg
it4BnbZGOZLJJ.jpg

iCGqI58C0rond.jpg
iUBDRxKRunKxp.jpg

ixU8JXpFsxui.jpg
inQqVeXI7arvo.jpg

http://www.cs.furyu.jp/legendoflegacy/

Song:

http://www.cs.furyu.jp/projectlegacy/shared/sound/bgm.mp3

Site Artwork:

top_contents_bg.jpg

Character art:

Staff:

Director: Masataka Matsura
Image Illustration: Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGa franchise character illustrator)
Game Design: Kyoji Koizumi (SaGa franchise battle designer)
Character Design: Ryo Hirao
Background Art: Misako Tsutsui (ex-S-E background artist)
Monster Design: Yuichiro Kojima (ex-S-E texture artist), Ryoji Shimogama (ex-S-E creature designer)
Composer: Masashi Hamauzu (I hear he makes good music)
Sound Editor: Kenichi Saito
Text Direction: Masato Kato (wrote for Chrono Trigger and Xenogears, wrote and directed Chrono Cross)
Narration: Emiko Shiratori
Title Logo Design: Tadahiko Kawaguchi
Movie Design: Shuhei Yamagata

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201409/23062073.html

cljZ7Kr.jpg

r3RIsxC.jpg

Scans make this so hard, so I won't mention who post the news, but you can figure it out, here's the info:

FuRyu’s “Project Legacy” teaser site is for The Legend of Legacy, a new 3DS RPG in collaboration with V-Jump magazine, this month’s issue reveals.

Due out on January 22 in Japan for 5,908 yen, the game tells the story of gods’ legacy and truth. It begins on the Avalon, a legendary island that has awakened from an eternal slumber. Players can select between seven unique protagonists for their party, including:

Meurs the elementaler
Bianca the amnesiac girl
Liber the treasure hunter
Garnet the church’s knight of justice
Owen the capable mercenary
Eloise the bewitching alchemist
Filmia the frog prince

The scan appears to have some gameplay details, but it’s all a bit small. We can make out the fact that there’s a cartography system, which players can use to draw out the game map.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Takao posted a link to an article with the scan in the other topic about this game. Looks a bit Bravely Default-esque in terms of art style.

hongcha

Furyu's games are low budget, but I usually like them. I'll add this one to my Zestiria preorder. Jan 22 is looking to be a great day for JRPGs!

As far as Jump goes, I think they're just doing some sort of advertising thing and have zilch to do with the actual game, there's no mention of them in the copyright in the scan, plus the game doesn't even look related to Jump.

So I don't think that has anything to do with localization odds.

I saw the scans. The main illustration seems drawn by Tomomi Kobayashi. Also, you can select a character between 7 protagonists? This seems like a SaGa inspired game...

18-Volt

Furyu's games are low budget, but I usually like them. I'll add this one to my Zestiria preorder. Jan 22 is looking to be a great day for JRPGs!

Lost Diemnsion seemed like a pretty big RPG. I'm still waiting for someone to pick up the localization for west. I guess everybody pretty busy with what they have right now.

Koppai

It will never leave Japan, don't even bother hyping this up.

Sad because it looks really nice.

The music is so epic, ugggggh.

Ughh you never know. XSEED, Atlus, NIS, Aksys (although they seem like they only publish VN games), etc. could all pick it up.

Also if we fans mention it a lot they can always take a look too :p

I saw the scans. The main illustration seems drawn by Tomomi Kobayashi. Also, you can select a character between 7 protagonists? This seems like a SaGa inspired game...

Yeah, and Tomomi did the SaGa illustrations as well. I wonder if Racjin might be a candidate, as they did the remakes of SaGa 2 and 3 for DS, and have done like 8 3DS games already so they're very familiar with the hardware.

If we wanna go farther, maybe Kenji Ito is composing?

Yeah, and Tomomi did the SaGa illustrations as well. I wonder if Racjin might be a candidate, as they did the remakes of SaGa 2 and 3 for DS, and have done like 8 3DS games already so they're very familiar with the hardware.

If we wanna go farther, maybe Kenji Ito is composing?

Yep, I know. Also, I think Avalon is one of the main locations in Romancing SaGa 2, and one of the seven wonders in Unlimited Saga.

I hope it really is a SaGa-like game.

Bardiche

Definitely getting a SaGa vibe from the artwork and the music which is making me very interested.
However, Furyu's track record of games are unimpressive, and even if this game is the exception, there is no guarantee that NA will get this.

The music on the website sounds a LOT like Masashi Hamauzu's work. 90% sure that's him.... if so, count me in!

Guess what, you seem to be right!

GamersHour seems to confirm he's the composer:

http://gamershour.com/blog-entry-7560.html

Google Translate looks like it's clear as can be.

He of course has done SaGa games (SaGa Frontier 2 and Unlimited SaGa) and other SE games like FF13, AND is helping out in Smash 4!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masashi_Hamauzu#Discography

Verification would be greatly appreciated. :)

So what was up with Lost Dimension anyway? I know Lancarse developed it, but did any notable people compose or do art in it? I looked very MegaTen-ish.

randomkid

What in the world are this industry's best working artist and composer doing on a no name RPG by a garbage developer like Furyu?

The scan and info really does make it seem like SaGa in everything but name, I hope hope hope this developer found a way to make a good game.

What in the world are this industry's best working artist and composer doing on a no name RPG by a garbage developer like Furyu?

The scan and info really does make it seem like SaGa in everything but name, I hope hope hope this developer found a way to make a good game.

the same reason why Uematsu and Amano did work for Unchained Blades. it is a good game.

Top Bottom