• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda 30th Anniversary Concert CD

http://columbia.jp/zelda/

Out on Feb 15, 2017.

2-disc release for ¥3,000 (tax not included).

First print limited edition comes with a DVD of the game footage that played during the concert, in sync with the concert audio. It also includes a CD stand and a badge set. ¥5,500 (tax not included).

The "The Legend of Zelda 30th Anniversary Concert" album contains the entire concert* as recorded on Oct 16, 2016 (Tokyo Metropolitan Theatre Concert Hall).

00000322_820_462p8sci.png

*the BotW theme performance isn't included for some reason

Excellent; it's good to know they are using the footage at these events somehow. Still waiting for the Mario anniversary CD/DVD.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Is this a new orchestrated collection or something? Is it different than the one they did for the Symphony of the Goddesses or whatever it was back in 2011?

kubus

I went to the performance on December 4th in Tokyo. It was spectacular, but if you've been to other Zelda concerts you'll already know more than half of the tracks.

It was all worth it for that sublime performance of the Breath of the Wild trailer music though 👌

I went to the performance on December 4th in Tokyo. It was spectacular, but if you've been to other Zelda concerts you'll already know more than half of the tracks.

It was all worth it for that sublime performance of the Breath of the Wild trailer music though 👌

I went to the Oct 16 performances, both of them. If you listen to the recording real close, you might get to hear me hyperventilate during the BotW part.

Anyone get an email from Amazon Japan about this? There's a first-press bonus, and rather than just include it with the people who already ordered the set, you have to cancel and re-order on a new page. Only problem is the new order, for the Limited Edition, is $10 more. For a piece of paper called a "ticket holder." CD Japan only has one page and includes that as a bonus, as it should. Also, Amazon JP has the first-press bonus on the standard edition as well, but its priced the same as the non-first press bonus edition.

Shady. At least that was how I understood the email.

Anyone get an email from Amazon Japan about this? There's a first-press bonus, and rather than just include it with the people who already ordered the set, you have to cancel and re-order on a new page. Only problem is the new order, for the Limited Edition, is $10 more. For a piece of paper called a "ticket holder." CD Japan only has one page and includes that as a bonus, as it should. Also, Amazon JP has the first-press bonus on the standard edition as well, but its priced the same as the non-first press bonus edition.

Shady. At least that was how I understood the email.

Make sure you read the email correctly and order the corredt thing. with FE Fates OST, I ordered the one without the amazon clear file by mistake. :(

Make sure you read the email correctly and order the corredt thing. with FE Fates OST, I ordered the one without the amazon clear file by mistake. :(
Oh I got it; they sent the email to people who already ordered the CD. Maybe I wasn't clear.

For a couple months, there were TWO entries on Amazon JP for the 30th Anniversary CD. The limited edition, and the standard edition. I ordered the limited edition. Today, they emailed and said they added the external bonus to NEW order pages. So now there are FOUR items listed: Limited Edition + Bonus, Limited Edition, Regular Edition + Bonus, Regular Edition. The Limited Edition + Bonus is $10 more than the Limited Edition, while the Regular Edition + Bonus and Regular Edition options are the same price. They basically did this in such a way as to force people to have to pay more for something that was always intended to be included.

Compare that to a site like CD Japan, which has two entries (Limited Edition and Regular Edition) and simply added the bonus to each as a first-press item.

Geg

Since it wasn't posted yet and I was curious myself, here's the track list. Seems like it's mostly the same as the 25th Anniversary concert with a few changes.

Disc 1
1. Hyrule Castle
2. Princess Zelda's Theme
3. Wind Waker Medley
4. Ocarina Melody Suite
5. Boss Battle Medley
6. A Link Between Worlds & Tri Force Heroes Medley
7. Skyward Sword Credits Theme

Disc 2
1. The Legend of Zelda 30th Anniversary Symphony
2. The Legend of Zelda Selected Shorts Suite
3. Gerudo Valley
4. Hyrule Field from Ocarina of Time
5. Great Fairy's Fountain Theme
6. Twilight Princess Medley
7. The Legend of Zelda Main Theme

hivycox

Since it wasn't posted yet and I was curious myself, here's the track list. Seems like it's mostly the same as the 25th Anniversary concert with a few changes.

Disc 1
1. Hyrule Castle
3. Wind Waker Medley
4. Ocarina Melody Suite
5. Boss Battle Medley

Disc 2
3. Gerudo Valley

Where the hell is alttp?! They better have the dark world theme from alttp and NOT from albw on there

Disc 1
1. Hyrule Castle
3. Wind Waker Medley
4. Ocarina Melody Suite
5. Boss Battle Medley

Disc 2
3. Gerudo Valley
Also, the dvd is a few tracks shorter...

kubus

So... no Breath of the Wild theme is confirmed then? :s

Makes me glad I recorded the live performance...

Jackano

My 2CD+DVD pack shipped.
Will sound good. Even if mostly the same tracks already heard in 25th anniversary or other concerts.

Jackano

Received mine today.
I'm sorry I'm bit disappointed.

I havn't listened to it in perfect condition (just at work) but still.
The CD arts and design are nice and clean but nothing as cool as the other recent Zelda CDs (like ALBW soundtrack). It's just a bunch of Triforces on a black or white background.

The content... 7 tracks each CD, havn't watched the DVD yet.
Most of them were in the 25th concert already, and the orchestra sounds less impressive and complete than the previous 25th CD. Skyward Sword credits theme for example, sounds better in the original game files...
At least there are a couple unreleased ones, as far as I can remember.

The goodies are OK and overall it's a nice packaging, but no new eargasms.

Old news I'm sure, but the missing BotW theme performance seems to be on the Breath of the Wild Sound Selection CD? I haven't listened to it yet so I can't confirm.

EloNoolah

Has anyone who ordered this from Amazon received it yet? I ordered the limited edition and it originally had the shipping date slated as February 25th but now the date is just "pending" and it's been sitting in limbo for the last few weeks...

Top Bottom