• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda : 4 Sword Anniversary Edition back on the US eShop (till Feb 2)

L~A

Fellow gaffer Norfair just posted this on Twitter :

BfPmiKkIIAA3Jyk.jpg

Apparently, The Legend of Zelda : 4 Swords Anniversay Edition is back on the US eShop, and you can download it for free until Feb. 2nd. Doesn't look like Europe is getting it, though...

Kade

Awesome. When I bought my XL that was the only thing that didn't transfer over. Now I can play it again!

NTom64

Europe? Please? I was heavily delayed in getting my 3DS and missed out on the original offering. Really disappointing.

I saw that and was like: "Oh, yes! Now I can download it on my 2DS."

Then I remembered that I moved it over from the DSi XL to the 2DS.

Wii Tank

Why can't this just stay on the eshop? I had a couple of my buddies get 3DS's after it was pulled and we couldn't play it. It really kills the multiplayer in the game if only a select few will ever have it

HYDE

Banned
I've played and beaten the Anniversary Edition on my 3DS, but I own the cart on GBA...Are there any differences between both versions?
(I never owned the cables to play it GBA/GC style).

dallow_bg

nods at old men
They shouldn't take it off.

I really wanted to play this with my sister properly for a long time. Now at least she and my cousins can get it.

maxcriden

OMG it worked!!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92980255&postcount=88

--- Original Message ---
Received: 12/4/13 4:33:52 PM PST
To: <nintendo@noa.nintendo.com>
Subject: Webform > Nintendo 3DS-product > Other > USEN0431OT

Hi,

I am writing to inquire about The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition, which was a DSiWare title released 9/28/11. My understanding is that it was given away for free at the time. From what I can ascertain it is no longer available. I have a 3DS and I would really like to be able to play this game as it is the only version of Four Swords playable by one person. I have an acquaintance online whose 3DS had a copy of the game, and they got a new 3DS and asked you (Nintendo) for a download code for this game, after it was no longer available on the 3DS eShop, and was given a code. I am writing to request if possible a code to download the game if it is available. I really appreciate your time and consideration. I am a lifelong Nintendo and Zelda fan and I have played every handheld Zelda release and I would really like to have not missed out on the opportunity to play this as well.

Thanks for your time.

Best,

Max Criden
Colchester, VT

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM, Nintendo Consumer Service <nintendo@noa.nintendo.com> wrote:

Hello Max,

Thank you for your patience while waiting for a response during this busy time of year. It's apparent by your email that you're a longtime Nintendo fan, and we appreciate your taking the time to letting us know what you would like to see readded to the Nintendo eShop. As you are aware, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition game was available for a limited time. As such, we would be unable to provide you a download code for this game.

I know this may not be what you're hoping to hear, but I'm happy to forward your comments to the appropriate people so that your feedback will be heard. While I can't guarantee this game will be readded to the Nintendo eShop, we take all feedback into consideration.

Downloadable titles should continue to be released. Keep checking our website (www.nintendo.com) for updates!

Sincerely,

Jessica Smith
Nintendo of America Inc.

Feel free to thank me guys! ;)

Thanks for the head's-up L~A!!!!

bigkrev

The fact that this is only up for 4 days makes me angry. Why would you not sell it at other times? Is there anything to be gained from making it only available for a short period?

I've played and beaten the Anniversary Edition on my 3DS, but I own the cart on GBA...Are there any differences between both versions?

The major differences/additions are:
You can play it alone
There are new levels based on past Zelda titles

I don't know any other differences though.

Jb

I got it from the ambassador program I think and found it pretty boring. Of course I wans't playing it with 3 other friends but I don't even know if this version allows you to.

narton

I never had a dsi or 3ds when it was around. Now I have 2 3dses. I've always wanted to play four swords multiplayer. I was seriously one day thinking of getting a few gbas and link cables to play adventures multiplayer, but this will work out too!

Neo Child

Banned
its an alright game.

somethings a bit off with it, but its still fun.
wish it was on EU shop since i dont have it on my new 3ds xl ):

Sure Nintendo, why do something for EU?
Or Japan...wait a second, Japan just got that Super Mario Bros. DX game which Europeans will be getting soon. The distribution method is slightly different (e-mailed code vs. going onto eShop) but the requirement is the same; NNID.

Given Super Mairo Bros. DX was not announced for America I guess this is what they are getting instead.

HYDE

Banned
The major differences/additions are:
You can play it alone
There are new levels based on past Zelda titles

I don't know any other differences though.

So in other words it contains all of the original game plus additional levels and the ability to play it alone...awesome! No need to buy a bunch of cables then sweet!!

maxcriden

Or Japan...wait a second, Japan just got that Super Mario Bros. DX game which Europeans will be getting soon. The distribution method is slightly different (e-mailed code vs. going onto eShop) but the requirement is the same; NNID.

Given Super Mairo Bros. DX was not announced for America I guess this is what they are getting instead.

Will SMB DX be free in Europe, though? I didn't see that. That's cool if so, I guess Japanese impressions of the 3DS version haven't been strong but it's still an amazing game, especially with all of the bonus features.

ETA: I see it will be offered free to European gamers who have an NNID registered by 1/31/14: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ee_super_mario_bros_deluxe_download_in_europe

Andrew.

Banned
Woah woah woah...

NA eShop gets Link to the Past today??

edit: FUCK YEAH! 1.50 son. Know what Im playing tonight!

Off screen play for this game will be the proverbial TITS.

zroid

Banned
I just had a thought that this is how NoA is choosing to thank 3DS owners for making an NNID, rather than give out copies of SMB Deluxe.

...in which case the other regions won't be doing it...

edit: beaten, haha

emag

FYI, the GCN game (Four Swords Adventures) was a different, stand-alone title, that did not make use of the GBA cart in any way.

The Anniversary Edition is pretty much a straight port of the GBA game with a couple of bonus areas and a single-player mode.

Gazoinks

Have they ever said why this game has limited availability? Seems like a strange idea, it's hard to have fun with a multiplayer game when its availability is super limited.

Top Bottom