• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
Horse tip below (no real story spoiler below):

So the
ice arrow
strategy on horse is pretty effective. Just need to go
behind them and spam A
. Feels kind of messed up but I want a faster horse dang it!

Be a good person and use the Shiekah Armor strategy in the future :p

EDIT:

How do you know someone's grinding for the
Ancient Armor
upgrades?

Answer: When they have enough materials to craft...76
Ancient Arrows
. Need those
Ancient Reactor Cores. Only 5 more to go, then every piece requires shooting star fragments >.<

gweemz

uhhh so anyone else getting a glitch with the Blood Moon?

Ill get the cutscene and the Blood moon disappears immediately. I haven't had a chance to fight/kill anything during blood moon time

Any fixes to this? gimme da loot!

I thought the blood moon just respawns enemies? Because what you're describing happens ecery time for me.

Peltz

I need to get some sort of Switch case because all I can think about is how I should be playing this on my lunch break.

Same. This game is just dominating my brain in the best possible way.

Love how effective the fire rod was against one of those robots from the battle shrines.

I've been using the fire rod in grassy areas to create updrafts and fly over enemies then snipe them from mid air with arrows. I love that you can just do stuff like that.

gweemz

Had trouble getting the additional chest in a shrine and was wondering if anyone has any tips.

I forget the name of the shrine but the gist was
that there were these stone see-saws throughout the shrine, and you had to use stasis on them so you could traverse to different areas. Near the end there are two stone sea-saws next to each other, and a high ledge where a treasure chest is. I tried everything I could to use the sea-saws as a catapult to get me to the ledge, but nothing worked.
Does anyone know what I am talking about and what to do?

If its the one I'm thinking of, you need to actually jump to be launched.

J3ffro

If its the one I'm thinking of, you need to actually jump to be launched.

Not OP, but this has been bugging me since I bailed on the chest a few days ago. Do you jump from the top one to the bottom, which sends the chest up in the air, and then it comes back down which shoots you up?

Had trouble getting the additional chest in a shrine and was wondering if anyone has any tips.

that there were these stone see-saws throughout the shrine, and you had to use stasis on them so you could traverse to different areas. Near the end there are two stone sea-saws next to each other, and a high ledge where a treasure chest is. I tried everything I could to use the sea-saws as a catapult to get me to the ledge, but nothing worked.

I don't know if this is the solution but something I did in a different shrine might be helpful.

In a different shrine where you get flinged in to the air, I discovered if you hit jump at the moment you were thrown upwards you could go much higher.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I need to get some sort of Switch case because all I can think about is how I should be playing this on my lunch break.
You're gonna get fired when you take a 2 hour lunch because "I just want to explore a little more".

atr0cious

Am I the only one who can't stand using the sheikah sensor? It was annoying me within seconds of watching this video, haha.

I've kinda got it figured out. I'm searching for rare ore deposits and its pretty good about pointing to them, especially since there's less of them than regular ore or luminous ones.

bomblord1

Banned
How do you attach Ocotorok Balloons to things? The description just says to "attach them" I've drop just dropping them on top of multiple loose things to no avail though.

this is the second time I clear a camp
go to collect the chest
and all of a sudden
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE
and I'm racing against the blood moon to open the chest before a whole nother set of goons spawn so I can open two
but you can't beat the blood moon

gweemz

Not OP, but this has been bugging me since I bailed on the chest a few days ago. Do you jump from the top one to the bottom, which sends the chest up in the air, and then it comes back down which shoots you up?

I stood on the top one (the horizontal one) then used the magnet to set the chest as high as it would go on the other side of the top see saw, then jumped right as it landed. Took me a few tries to do correctly.

Raxus

Just finished this one!

Use the metal chest as a counterweight!

For the final chest you have to sling shot to get to it but it is shit so you can skip it.

KHlover

Banned
This was me for the longest while. I'm up to seeing four shooting stars now though. Helps that I've been going to Lanaryu Mountain farming those one items. Also, if you're having no luck one of the stable quests has a kid that will give you a star fragment upon completion. Woodland Stable I think.

Yeah, thanks. Cheesed that quest with the ability you get in Vah Medoh :p

Now time to add that item to the Hyrule Compendium and pray.

EDIT: Aww, you can't add those :(

Intel_89

Is it just me or is it easier to take out guardians on foot rather than on a horse? Speaking of guardians I wish they offered a bigger challenge, I just arrow them, climb and abuse slo-mo from there on to get the job done.

sazzy

3 heart speedrun challenge: starting with the Great Plateau tower, activate all towers. No mounts or paragliding.

gweemz

In Hateno Village
when you buy the house, is there more to put in the house than a bed and weapon racks?
?

A yes/no will do, trying to not be spoiled.

How do you attach Ocotorok Balloons to things? The description just says to "attach them" I've drop just dropping them on top of multiple loose things to no avail though.

You have to hold the drop button rather than just pressing it, and you'll hear a suction noise and it'll stick on.

zelhawks37

Awesome new OT!

Just got through
the lizard guardian in death mountain
and exploring the northeast region atm. I love how diverse this land is and how much there is to explore. Truly a special game right now. :)

KHlover

Banned
Is it just me or is it easier to take out guardians on foot rather than on a horse? Speaking of guardians I wish they offered a bigger challenge, I just arrow them, climb and abuse slo-mo from there on to get the job done.

If you just calmly walk up behind them they won't ever notice you. Should they see you, just sprint towards them until they're in
Stasis+
range. Then chop off their legs while they're helpless. Walker guardians really stop being scary once you get that ability.

dock

I'm in an overworld trial outdoor in the rain &#9748;&#65039; 'Land of thunder' but I can't seem to get
the red and orange sphere onto the upper platform with the dishes
. I can't find a metallic ramp or anything to exploit. Why can't Link throw better?! Please help!

Raxus

Is there any reason to keep stuff like Rubies and Diamonds?

They upgrade armor down the road but seeing as you need cash to GET to those upgrade I say sell them and farm them later. Speaking of faming, I really need to abuse the bowling minigame.

I've played this game for about 30 hours (finished my first dungeon just now), and man is it magical. I'm loving every second of this damn game. I can't remember the last time I felt this way playing a game. It's just so damn GOOD.

Brb...

I am seriously struggling to find the Sheikah Tower for the
Jungle/Tropical Region
. I'm just beach combing right now. I figure it's either tucked away or
way out at sea somewhere and I have to raft out to get to it.

gardfish

I unlocked the final memory...but I guess the disc skipped or something and the audio cut out for a few seconds, lol. Kinda took away from the cinematic moment.

So for the last week I've basically been exploring the eastern portion of the world in Breath of the Wild. I haven't explored west of the starting area at all and only gave the areas directly north and south of the Great Plateau a quick once over.

I was in a very familiar area and I started stalking a deer around a ridge to show my daughter how I could ride it. When I got to the top of the hill I realized there's a humongous snow capped mountain I've never even noticed before sitting right where I've been exploring this entire week.

This game.

KHlover

Banned
I'm in an overworld trial outdoor in the rain &#9748;&#65039; 'Land of thunder' but I can't seem to get
. I can't find a metallic ramp or anything to exploit. Why can't Link throw better?! Please help!

I used Stasis to get them up there. Took a couple tries, but I had no other idea.

Raxus

Stasis those suckers!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Stasis

Alexlf

Wait, what? You can fight things on a blood moon?
Am I missing something, or is this spoiler territory?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I need pieces of a shooting star for my final armor upgrade. I haven't seen a single shooting star in over 60 hours >.<

I got handed one by a woman near one of the stables.

I can't remember what the stable was called, but it's the one south of the castle, near the coliseum.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Debating whether or not I want to pick up the DLC. I'm not even a quarter of the way through the main game and stacking more content on top of that just seems like torture. :p

Alexlf

The Blood Moon is just a cutscene, as soon as it's done playing all the enemies and resources get respawned.

Ahh,k. That's what I figured, but the way some people were talking made it sound like better enemies are supposed to appear while the blood moon's still up or something.

Trago

Sooo....

Fuck the main quest for a bit, I've been hunting down shrines for the past 5 hours hours of this game obsessively. I need help!

giphy.gif

bryanee

They upgrade armor down the road but seeing as you need cash to GET to those upgrade I say sell them and farm them later. Speaking of faming, I really need to abuse the bowling minigame.

Cash isn't an issue due to the bowling.

Pinky

Banned
Zero²;231832407 said:
I'm so afraid I'll end up losing my horse :mad:

I've had 2 horses die on me. In both cases, I accidentally killed them with bombs. It's funny, but I was actually depressed both times it happened. You actually feel a bond with your horses in this game.

Rhapsody

Banned
Just wondering, how did everyone here solve the shrine that involved motion controls for a cube and torches on each side? I finished this shrine way way earlier, but was curious on if I was missing on an easier solution.

AdanVC

100+ hours in and I have done only one beast so far. I have not completely explored even one province yet. Game of the generation for me so far. I would not be surprised if Santa Monica/ND went back to the drawing board and made God of War/Uncharted/TLoU super interactive like this game with many gameplay systems.

Damn! You might be right. Everyone, both players and other developers weren't expecting Nintendo to brilliantly add this amount of awesomeness into the open world genre after years and years of open world game saturation and blandness. All of us thought that Witcher 3 was the peak of this genre but Nintendo simply knock them out with such brilliance, that I also believe the upcoming big ass games from top notch developers are going to analyze BotW and start adding similar elements to their games to make it as interactive as this Zelda game.

psyfi

Banned
I've kinda got it figured out. I'm searching for rare ore deposits and its pretty good about pointing to them, especially since there's less of them than regular ore or luminous ones.
Yeah, I get that it's a necessary evil, but I can't stand to use it. That beeping man, I can't take it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom