• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyzard

Banned
So the camera shots are stored as .jpg in the save file!

I just transferred my wiiu save file of BotW and it has it all there.

I used ddd (need to have homebrew launcher on your wiiu). Took a few seconds and I have my whole album and compendium shots!!!

2cSD8Lq.jpg

66R41eV.jpg

vJVaQld.jpg

V8h5Z97.jpg

Don't have to worry about this bullshit:

wiiu_screenshot_gamep7ixmd.jpg

Or the 48 shot limit!

Chaos17

Man, I'm having a really tough time finding a game to play after BotW. It was such an interesting and unique experience, everything after feels like such a downgrade.

Same feeling, not really a downgrade for me but more "why I can't do this ?" feeling, lol

LotusHD

Banned
Man, I'm having a really tough time finding a game to play after BotW. It was such an interesting and unique experience, everything after feels like such a downgrade.

Try Nier Automata?

Between Zelda and Nier, this month has been so damn good to me lol

Justinian

So I got Blood Moons two nights in a row for the second time in a few days here. What the fuck?

It's a bug that happens when you put the Switch to sleep too many times with Zelda running. You can avoid it by making sure to quit the game and restart it every so often between sessions.

Eblo

I haven't touched this game in a while, but every single day I find myself thinking about the
Tarrey Town
sidequest. Such a memorable gaming experience on multiple levels. The music won't leave my head.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
It's a bug that happens when you put the Switch to sleep too many times with Zelda running. You can avoid it by making sure to quit the game and restart it every so often between sessions.

Yeah, I don't think I have quit the game ever since launch. Will do.

Thanks.

Chaos17

I just saw one guardian shot another when I was fighting three at once, felt good as it destroyed a fee limbs. Not sure what the damage was, I would guess the same as a reflected beam. Still hard to pull off, they need to be at opposite ends or their line of sight will get cut off.

This game never stop to surprise me!

random25

I haven't touched this game in a while, but every single day I find myself thinking about the
Tarrey Town
sidequest. Such a memorable gaming experience on multiple levels. The music won't leave my head.

It's probably one of the best side quests I've done in video games, and I play JRPGs a lot which has a ton of them. Such a heartfelt experience, with feel good music to boot.

Does anyone know what the four treasure types are for the compendium? I'm only figuring out treasure chests and the smashable rocks?

I just finished the main story

hit the button to open the paraglider during the cut scene where the floor falls out and link floated to the ground, had a quick try at Ganon last time I played and was seriously pleasantly surprised that there is a different way for this to happen!

I finished with 30.60% and I doubt I'm going to play much more but I had a LOT of fun with this, it's a truly brilliant game. Next open world game I promise myself not to rush through and really take my time.

atr0cious

Finally found a second fairy fountain earlier today. I had no idea there was even anything of interest in the area, let alone a shrine and a fountain. Thank god I went against basic logic and went there lol. I was just expecting a korok seed. 70 hours in, game is still surprising me.
Anyone want to know where fairy fountains are, just set the sheikah sensor to look for Enduro carrots.

Zekes!

What kind of runs are people doing to vary up their BotW playthroughs?

I beat the game with all divine beasts and memories the other day, and wanna maybe start a new playthrough, though I'm still debating about finishing up all the shrines and side quests.

Been thinking about doing a
straight to Ganon run, but that wouldn't be too long (probably). Kind of hoping Hard mode has some more survival aspects to it, I wouldn't mind replaying the game and having to watch my hunger and stuff.

Astral Dog

I beat the game with all divine beasts and memories the other day, and wanna maybe start a new playthrough, though I'm still debating about finishing up all the shrines and side quests.

straight to Ganon run, but that wouldn't be too long (probably). Kind of hoping Hard mode has some more survival aspects to it, I wouldn't mind replaying the game and having to watch my hunger and stuff.
I dont think i have the will to replay the game again

sleepnaught

Does the game effectively end after defeating Ganon or can I explore and stuff after he's defeated? I still have a ton of shrines and Side quests to finish.

Ultimadrago

Does the game effectively end after defeating Ganon or can I explore and stuff after he's defeated? I still have a ton of shrines and Side quests to finish.

Effectively ends. Though your Save gets a Star after you've completed it and you are free to explore. You still reload before their defeat though.

JaseMath

Without spoiling exactly where, can someone tell me roughly where
the tailor for Torrey Town is located?
I checked Gerudo Village and the oasis market, but no dice.

So in Hebrew mountains, at the very top left corner so of the map, there are two shrines. The one closest to the edge is easy to find. What I can't find is the other just a few clicks south east to it. Shit beeps and beeps. Found a bathing pool but that's it. This one has me stumped. Any help?

edit: Hebrew. Fucking autocorrect lawl

Found the last Great Fairy.
Any tips to get 10k rupees? Just spent the 6k I had to buy the full Ancient set, and used all my gems buying and upgrading jewellery. At least the guy at the nearby stable gave me 500 rupees to offer on his behalf lol.

Also found my second last memory nearby, only one remaining is the one
right at Hyrule Castle

psyfi

Banned
One of the best feelings in the game is assuming I've found all the spots Kass plays music... and then 20+ hours later finding another one. :)

A 4x4 run, first 4 shrines, and the 4 beasts only.

random25

So in Hebrew mountains, at the very top left corner so of the map, there are two shrines. The one closest to the edge is easy to find. What I can't find is the other just a few clicks south east to it. Shit beeps and beeps. Found a bathing pool but that's it. This one has me stumped. Any help?

It's inside a cave. You'll see a stone door on one side below the mountain.

Found the last Great Fairy.
Any tips to get 10k rupees? Just spent the 6k I had to buy the full Ancient set, and used all my gems buying and upgrading jewellery. At least the guy at the nearby stable gave me 500 rupees to offer on his behalf lol.

Also found my second last memory nearby, only one remaining is the one
right at Hyrule Castle

I would probably just do the snow bowling minigame over and over. It's quick and easy 300 rupees.

Cess007

I reached the location of the final Divine Beast, but I think I will hold that quest a little. I really want to get all the memories first before continuing :)

i cant stop laughing. i need to turn fucking autocorrect off. what a typo.

It's inside a cave. You'll see a stone door on one side below the mountain.

Thanks you.

I reached the location of the final Divine Beast, but I think I will hold that quest a little. I really want to get all the memories first before continuing :)

I understand the concern, but trust me, no cutscenes or storyline continuation is triggered after defeating the fourth beast. You're good if you want to head on there.

Oh! So I can go there without worrying? Thanks! Will tackle the last beast tomorrow then :)

I beat all four beasts 30 (in-game) hours ago and have just been cleaning up the world since then. :)

You get the last memory on the way to last battle so you're all set to do whatever you please until you want to go pay Ganon a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom