• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask 3D getting a LE in North America

L~A

Edit: pre-order up at GameStop / Amazon

8KEhmO9.jpg

B6rSOu9IUAI9fM_.jpg:large

61k4aaNfnPL._SL1060_.jpg
61yXVrTrXxL._SL1060_.jpg

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA’S MASK 3D LIMITED-EDITION BUNDLE COMES WITH SKULL KID FIGURINE

Jan. 6, 2015

Fans of The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask know the significance of the Skull Kid character. He is the face of the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and, just like the game itself, can be described as mysterious and foreboding.

Now fans can own a beautiful collectible Skull Kid figurine to accompany them on their adventures by purchasing the limited-edition The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D bundle at select retailers at a suggested retail price of $49.99. The bundle launches on the same day as the game and includes both The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D game and the detailed Skull Kid figurine. The launch date will be announced at a future time.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D follows in the footsteps of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, which launched for the Nintendo 3DS system in 2011. Like that game, The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D is a reimagined version of a classic Nintendo 64 game with updated 3D graphics and new features.

There is a reason The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask is loved by fans all over the world. It is one of the most unique and suspenseful entries in The Legend of Zelda series, one that critics and fans have called a true masterpiece. The game finds players solving puzzles, battling enemies and controlling time itself to help Link save the mysterious world of Termina and its terrified inhabitants from being crushed by the moon. By releasing this one-of-a-kind adventure for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, a new generation of fans can experience the dark, twisted, fantastic adventure for the first time.

Just announced via PR.

SerTapTap

Why wasn't this announced at the same time as the EU one? Cancelling my normal edition preorder I guess

Vitacat

Wow, surprised. I guess.

I wonder if Best Buy will have this for pre-order. GCU would mean only $40 for this. :)

Waiting for the catch.

Only available at the Nintendo World Store in NY and the Appalachian mountains at 3am in the pouring rain. 0-11 units produced depending on Reggie's mood.

radcliff

To mess with the scalpers, they should of had this be an exclusive Skull Kid amiibo so that scalpers would have to buy the game in mass for $50 to get the amiibo to resell.

Nintendo needs to do a lot more LEs in NA. They would get eaten up! Give me a Xenoblade Chronicles X and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem LE/CE, please!!

cacildo

They should make it a limited edition... with a limited edition Skull Kid amiibo

That would be evil. I can see people killing for this

gerudoman

I dunno... Skull Kid figurine vs Steelbook, poster and a badge.

I guess some people will prefer the NA LE, and other the EU LE.

Let's be honest. A steelbook and a tiny badge serve little to no purpose, and the poster is gorgeous but when folded it loses all its appeal.

Eolz

Maybe americans will now stop complaining about not getting the same LEs now when they usually get more and better ones...

HardRojo

Has a release date been announced? I hope Nintendo doesn't pull another of their stupid "so limited we'll only release handful at a single place".
The PR mentions select retailers so I hope I'm able to get it via Amazon.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Damn it NoE. Why do you have to treat us so badly. NoA >>>>>> NoE.

(I'm joking of course, but there's no doubt that skull kid figurine >>>>>>>>>>>> a paperweight / pin badge.)

ameleco

Has a release date been announced? I hope Nintendo doesn't pull another of their stupid "so limited we'll only release handful at a single place".
The PR mentions select retailers so I hope I'm able to get it via Amazon.

In b4 only available to the first 50 people at nintendo world :|

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Plot twist: the Skull Kid figurine is an amiibo.

*shyamalan.jpg*

Top Bottom