• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom |OT|

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

clever-girl-hello.gif

Aldric

I never have enough rupees, and everything is so darn expensive. Any suggestions? Ive already sold a bunch of stuff lol
Go to Satori mountain, get all the apples next to the shrine, cook a bunch of copious simmered fruits, sell them in bulk.

Alternatively, go mine a bunch of luminous stones (they're very common in caves and there's some sky islands that are full of them, very easy to spot them at night) and feed them to the Dodons in front of the Faron forest stable. Go back later and grab the gems they shat out.

Robb

Gold Member
I never have enough rupees, and everything is so darn expensive. Any suggestions? Ive already sold a bunch of stuff lol
I think cooking stuff and selling the meals might be the best way to get some cash, assuming you’ve been collecting stuff when exploring. Meals with prime meat/gourmet meat is the best I think.

Other than that just smash every rock you come by to collect minerals. Try to get 10 of each kind, there’s a Gerudo gal in Goron City you can sell them to for a higher than normal price.

I know in BotW I went to where I could farm Gourmet meat, then either chilled it or heated it by dropping it in really cold or hot areas for quickest turnaround for fast rupees.

Sleepwalker

Im thinking if perhaps there is a way to move my save between switch and pc back and forth, im playing on an OLED switch, unmodded but have a hacked launch one, I know that to get my save from the oled to PC I will need to move it to the hacked one then from there to the PC.

Now where I'm stumped is at the coming back from PC to the unmodded switch, specially if I use mods, mainly the 60fps mod.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Im thinking if perhaps there is a way to move my save between switch and pc back and forth, im playing on an OLED switch, unmodded but have a hacked launch one, I know that to get my save from the oled to PC I will need to move it to the hacked one then from there to the PC.

Now where I'm stumped is at the coming back from PC to the unmodded switch, specially if I use mods, mainly the 60fps mod.
I kinda doubt anything in the save file would be affected by the 60FPS mod. Maybe if there’s a mod with additional models or data the game doesn’t expect to see in the file, but that’s about it.

Eotheod

Finally got off the first sky island after far too long being sidetracked. Fuck me, the subtle changes and then extremely big changes to the existing landscape below is nuts. Well fucking done Nintendo.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I rolled credits last night at around 80hrs. Figured it was time, but then I went right back to finding more shrines and doing side quests

SCB3

I rolled credits last night at around 80hrs. Figured it was time, but then I went right back to finding more shrines and doing side quests
I'm kinda at that stage now where I have just under 100 shrines (88 I think I'm on) with a lot of the Side Quests and optional stuff done and feel more than ready for the end game, I only have the Gerudo area left as well

Also, I didn't know you could get the Armor from the other games like the OoT set without the Amiibo or buying them, so thats a cool thing I may go collect

calistan

Oh my god, the sand temple boss. I hate it so much. Running around looking for that stupid Gerudo so I can get her to charge up a shot, while being chased by fast enemies, the screen obscured by columns of light and dust so I can't tell where the boss actually is, and the framerate tanking because there's so much going on.

Going to shoot one of those monster generator things, lining up the shot while the screen goes chug-chug-chug like a frickin slideshow, only for it to either close up and become invulnerable again or the charged shot timer runs out or another bow picks that moment to break.

I'm taking a rage break. Hyrule is going to have to look after itself for a week or so.

NanaMiku

Oh my god, the sand temple boss. I hate it so much. Running around looking for that stupid Gerudo so I can get her to charge up a shot, while being chased by fast enemies, the screen obscured by columns of light and dust so I can't tell where the boss actually is, and the framerate tanking because there's so much going on.

Going to shoot one of those monster generator things, lining up the shot while the screen goes chug-chug-chug like a frickin slideshow, only for it to either close up and become invulnerable again or the charged shot timer runs out or another bow picks that moment to break.

I'm taking a rage break. Hyrule is going to have to look after itself for a week or so.
you can still remove the boss armor using thunder properties attack, like shock fruit. So you don't need to look for the girl. But the monster generator thing can only be destroyed by her attack

Dude, game is incrediballs. Just found a combat arena where I had to fight every type of lynel 1 by 1. I don't even have 1 full line of hearts yet and I hadn't even fought a level 3 "white maned" lynel until now. As I was dueling him we moved so I could see a closed gate behind him with a silver lynel waiting to kick my ass after the duel and I had to pause the game for a while when I realized there was more lol. Just barely got through it all using up nearly every resource I have!

We need like a definitive way, a guide, of playing this game. I feel like Im not playing to the fullest potential and like Im missing out on all the clever and fun ways to do things. Its the same thing I felt playing the Metal Gear Solid series. I want to do all the cool things in the funnest way.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
If you're willing to do the dupe glitch, do that, it saves a lot of time. If not, cook meals using multiple prime meats and sell those.

Today I hit a bit of a wall. I've been playing the game obsessively, mainly equipment hunting, korok collecting, doing shrines, and experimenting with building stuff and exploring. I collected and upgraded most of the armor sets, and I'm starting to get exploring fatigue so I think this weekend I'm going to focus on the main quest.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Dude, game is incrediballs. Just found a combat arena where I had to fight every type of lynel 1 by 1. I don't even have 1 full line of hearts yet and I hadn't even fought a level 3 "white maned" lynel until now. As I was dueling him we moved so I could see a closed gate behind him with a silver lynel waiting to kick my ass after the duel and I had to pause the game for a while when I realized there was more lol. Just barely got through it all using up nearly every resource I have!
Lynel's are Dark Souls of Zelda enemies except better they just stare at you

So many more different enemies types in this than BOTW and lotsa them crawling around the depths

GymWolf

Going to do the first "dungeon" tonight with the Wind ship thing.

Prepared to be completely underwhelmed.
The dungeon itself is meh but how you get there was great.

Same for the boss, great concept but absolute cakewalk to fight.

Last edited:
Found that same arena, barely beat the first Lynel, then saw a second door opening... noticed how many doors there was... I just noped out of there lol, never reloaded a save faster. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I might be strong enough now (already managed to beat another Lynel on the surface without getting hit, so I guess I - somewhat - got gud). That treasure chest better be worth it though.

Found another arena elsewhere (below Eventide I think?) with lots of Lizalfos of every type. I'll leave that for later as well...

Last edited:

SCB3

Finally got a new OLED Switch today, finally updating my Launch Switch and after transferring my save gave Zelda a quick 10 mins, this looks fantastic on this new screen and seems to run a bit better

Zimmy68

Glitches have been patched. I wouldn't update unless your progress is blocked (don't recall the name of the mission).
The patch doesn't do anything else but fix those "glitches".

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Glitches have been patched. I wouldn't update unless your progress is blocked (don't recall the name of the mission).
The patch doesn't do anything else but fix those "glitches".
Could be minor performance tweeks in theres they never mention it in the notes will test it out laters

daveonezero

Banned
We need like a definitive way, a guide, of playing this game. I feel like Im not playing to the fullest potential and like Im missing out on all the clever and fun ways to do things. Its the same thing I felt playing the Metal Gear Solid series. I want to do all the cool things in the funnest way.
That is the point there isn’t a way to play it. Just enjoy the things you do find. A lot of the quests point to the things people are fixing.

Following a guide may just ruin all the discovery.

there are probably a ton of early game tips and things you should do early. you could find videos on that.

That sort of improve the game but I’m personally fine just running around playing it sort of like I did BoTW and not unlocking much.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Speaking about lynels, where the fuck do i even fight one other than secret arenas?

Why are they so rare?

Last edited:
Top Bottom