• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm a bit confused.

The first pictures they showed were for the brand new Zelda, right?

Then the stuff they showed later was the remake?

They showed no images from the true Wii U Zelda, only comparison shots between Windfall Island in the Wii U and Cube versions of Wind Waker.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So we can finally see the proper art studio on Tingle Island, rather than that one textured scrapped room found on the GCN disc.

rouken

r4atb.gif

18-Volt

Well, this is a million times better than Ocarina of Time 3D announcement. I'll take upgraded Wind Waker over upgraded Ocarina of Time any time. Oh, btw HD>3D.

TheExodu5

Banned
Those graphics look awful. Why are they introducing that kind of lighting in a cell shaded game? It completely kills the art style.

Reyne

To be honest, the graphics looks a bit strange with Wind Waker. The characters looks more like clay than cartoons now.

My reaction as Aonuma went from acting like this was yet another E3 2011 "let's see past Zelda game in HD" tech demo to "BTW we're releasing this in the fall." was insane.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Out of all Nintendo games, no one justified an HD remake as much as this one.
My favorite art style ever looks GLORIOUS on this screens.

"BTW we're releasing this in the fall." was insane.
So I didn't dream, we are only a few months away from it :)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Looks pretty terrible, actually. I'm not a fan of the new lighting at all. And scrapping cel-shading seems like a bone headed idea.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
They showed no images from the true Wii U Zelda, only comparison shots between Windfall Island in the Wii U and Cube versions of Wind Waker.

Oh OK. That was a wee bit confusing initially.

I think the revised graphics look great. At least, for the environments.

Jackano

Good note: It's a trivial port. Glad Nintendo can see it.

Bad note: I'm already feeling the game art style is losing something. And this is "only" end of 2013, while the system needs games... now! Should have been started 6 months before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom