• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

I'm right there with you. There isn't anything you can do with a 2D Zelda that you can't do in 3D.

You people really havent played 2d Zeldas have you? there's tons of stuff that work better in 2d, this is specially true for the DS games.

I wouldn't mind a complete overhaul of handheld Zelda but top down is something I wouldn't mind for it to stay.

Xun

You people really havent played 2d Zeldas have you? there's tons of stuff that work better in 2d, this is specially true for the DS games.

I wouldn't mind a complete overhaul of handheld Zelda but top down is something I wouldn't mind for it to stay.
I have, but I just prefer 3D Zelda games.

I feel more connected to the world.

Yamauchi

Banned
I am really interested in this title. I recently started playing The Wind Waker on Dolphin. It looks really stunning in HD, and the overall quality of the game is so much better than I remember it being.

Vidiot

I know it's not likely at all, but does anyone else hope we get an awesome preorder bonus like with the original WW?

Wasn't around for this on GAF, but aah do I ever need this. Especially if they bother adding in the cut dungeons and shake up the gameplay a little. I didn't hate the Triforce Hunt (felt it encouraged you to explore the world if you hadn't done so already), but more change could be a good thing I suppose.

I know it's not likely at all, but does anyone else hope we get an awesome preorder bonus like with the original WW?

Upres'd port of Ocarina 3D?

I'd like to see Wind Waker HD at GDC.

Assuming Nintendo shows up, that is. They didn't do anything last year, did they?

No, but wasn't GDC where they once announced Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks?

Anth0ny

Assuming Nintendo shows up, that is. They didn't do anything last year, did they?

they really shied away from showing a trailer for Wind Waker HD I don't know why they are treating a remake as a big gun

I would like to see a trailer sooner to get all the backlash behind us

HeySeuss

I'd actually like to see the next Zelda U use the gamepad in dungeons as a top down view on the pad and normal view on the TV. You have to go back and forth between the two for switches/puzzles that can only be seen on each specific viewpoint.

But that would mean off TV play would be out.

I'd actually like to see the next Zelda U use the gamepad in dungeons as a top down view on the pad and normal view on the TV. You have to go back and forth between the two for switches/puzzles that can only be seen on each specific viewpoint.

I'd be ok with that. Zelda is a game I'd definitely play on the TV at all times if possible, and I'm a fan of top down views.

Vidiot

Oh wow, now that's a great idea! Now I'm gonna be disappointed when they don't do it.

Vidiot

You'll be disappointed if you can't see a dungeon from two screen perspectives?

I was thinking more that the TV would be your typical 3D Zelda while the gamepad was the same world but looked like your typical 2D Zelda. That would be pretty cool to me. Especially having to switch between the two to solve puzzles.

HeySeuss

I was thinking more that the TV would be your typical 3D Zelda while the gamepad was the same world but looked like your typical 2D Zelda. That would be pretty cool to me. Especially having to switch between the two to solve puzzles.

Unfortunately they will probably use the gamepad as some kind of window item that gets you a special X-ray view or something like the lens of truth. But I'm holding out hope that they are more creative with it than that.

Unfortunately they will probably use the gamepad as some kind of window item that gets you a special X-ray view or something like the lens of truth. But I'm holding out hope that they are more creative with it than that.
Pictograph! They could make a spin-off a la Pokemon snap.
You'd be a random Hylian taking photos of the flora and fauna. You could even be hired to sneak around and take photos of major enemies from the main series. ;p

edit: I was joking... but the more I think about it, the more I want it.

Meesh

There's been a lot if talk about missing content or dungeons being included in WW HD and it got me thinking about the next Zelda...not sure if anyone remembers reading NP years ago when they were covering ZeldaTP but there was some talk about a "fishing boss" that was in the works but never used I think. Of course SS never got into fishing, so they never used any of those ideas/assets like they may have with WWs dungeons->TP. It's a huge Zelda fanboy long shot in the Dodongo dark cavern but I'm hoping fishing makes a comeback in the form of a kickass boss fight off the shores of lake Hylia. Make it so Nintendo!
Edit: So for bonus points the Wiiu pad could be used as a fish finder!?....

...ok maybe not...

I would love a new Zelda game that really tired to make a game that has the feeling of Link to the past.

The overworld had so many great places to explore.
I would love if they tried to make the world feel more full.
The other games are so big, yes but big and empty.

Yeah Nintendo has never given away a previous Zelda game as a pre-order bonus, you're right.

Yeah, I don't think it's necessarily likely but given that there's a precedent for the exact same thing happening, it seems like a weird time to invoke the "it's Nintendo" thing.

Giving an emulated old game as a bonus is precedent, sure. But giving out one ported version of a game as a bonus for buying a more-improved ported version of the same game is weird.

I would love a new Zelda game that really tired to make a game that has the feeling of Link to the past.

The overworld had so many great places to explore.
I would love if they tried to make the world feel more full.
The other games are so big, yes but big and empty.

All I want from Nintendo is an HD LttP. God I want it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom