• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda will be the only playable game Nintendo has E3 this year

The Legend of Zelda will be the only playable game Nintendo brings to E3. Complete E3 plans will be announced later on.

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/725231692533882880

decided to new news, new thread this, as people may be arranging trips to play Nintendo games and this may effect their plans

Nintendo changes its approach to the show every year. This June, Nintendo will focus its attentions on the upcoming game in The Legend of Zelda series. The Wii U version of the game will be playable for the first time on the E3 show floor, and it will be the only playable game Nintendo presents at the show, in order to provide attendees a complete immersion. Additional information about Nintendo’s E3 plans will be announced in the future.

Nintendo UK say it too

E3: Nintendo changes its approach to the show every year. This June, Nintendo will focus its attentions on the upcoming game in The Legend of Zelda series. The Wii U version of the game will be playable for the first time on the E3 show floor, and it will be the only playable game Nintendo presents at the show, in order to provide attendees a complete immersion. Additional information about Nintendo’s E3 plans will be announced in the future.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2016...Zelda-along-with-annual-earnings-1102529.html

Eolz

What the fuck.
That's certainly unique...

Edit:is only gematsu saying that and just because they haven't announced anything else?

ZY2wC12.png

AniHawk

Why did they get so much floor space?

they were probably planning to have nx there and something behind the scenes caused a delay and a massive change in their decisions, so this is what's happening instead.

but why the only game? there are third-party things on other platforms. there's even tokyo silhouette mirage on wii u, and color splash, and other first-party games for 3ds.

just baffling.

edit: oh so there might be 3ds stuff. makes more sense with pokemon and kirby.

Jackano

Holy shit if true.

But I'm not sure that's a true choice. Maybe they've gone for something bold, after realizing NX won't be ready enough.

They legitimately have no idea how to run a company, I'm 100% convinced of this now.

THEY ARE A COMPANY THAT WORKS IN A CONSUMER INDUSTRY AND YET THEY DON'T LET PEOPLE SEE OR USE THEIR PRODUCTS AT THE BIGGEST MARKETING AVENUE AVAILABLE TO THEM.

I do. Not. Get it.

Are we sure this is right and not a misunderstanding or mistranslation? Federation Force isn't coming out until August and they've had it playable at events for a while now, so there's no reason why they wouldn't have it at E3.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
OK they must be having their own event this summer. It makes no sense otherwise, they have games like Paper Mario and Metroid FF that are coming this year.

kami_sama

I can only say WTF
Granted the NX is not ready for the spotlight, but either way, why can't they have something else to play?

Ansatz

But I want to see Color Splash!!

This is amazing, now I'm really curious what they're gonna do. The reason why I'm not freaking out is because I can't see myself getting bored anytime soon of Splatoon and Mario Maker, plus I planned to revisit and replay older Wii U classics so I won't be bothered by the drought leading up to NX, however I recognize that this is huuuge.

Neiteio

Are we sure this is right and not a misunderstanding or mistranslation? Federation Force isn't coming out until August and they've had it playable at events for a while now, so there's no reason why they wouldn't have it at E3.
Welcome to Nintendo's Wild Ride, my friend

Top Bottom