• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D update coming soon?

L~A

There's a Majora's Mask 3D update about to come out on 3DS. EU peeps have update prompts but it seems to have been pushed too early & fails.

Source

I have the notification, so I can confirm this is legit.

Was there anything broken with the game? Or will they just ruin speedruns?
EDIT: Guess it wouldn't matter since it's optional

I would be more happy if OoT 3D will receive an update, with C Stick functionality and proper touch controls - to make it on par with MM3D.

Neiteio

Probably a stability update. Some people have been crashing in Miiverse.

They might also be cracking down on the "Fierce Deity anywhere" glitch.

Dice//

Banned
I wouldn't mind a practical change... like why I need BOTH start and select to open up the Bomber's Notebook more than my masks or equipment is beyond me.

Fixing swimming would be too good to be true.

Zomba13

I would be more happy if OoT 3D will receive an update, with C Stick functionality and proper touch controls - to make it on par with MM3D.

That'd be nice. I didn't finish OoT 3D but would definitely finish it off if it got a nice update to bring the controls/camera stuff up to MM3D levels.

L~A

I remember some weird error impacting a small amount of users in Japan, but other than that... nope.

Tom Nook

filepicker%2F7zHLaHr8TlWV5CsOuc1h_AMI-Horse_Stables.jpg.jpg

I wouldn't mind a practical change... like why I need BOTH start and select to open up the Bomber's Notebook more than my masks or equipment is beyond me.

That's just a weird thing Nintendo's been doing with the 3DS from the start: both Start and Select do the exact same thing in all of their games. It's like Select is only there for backwards compatibility with the DS.

ZeroX03

Banned
That's just a weird thing Nintendo's been doing with the 3DS from the start: both Start and Select do the exact same thing in all of their games. It's like Select is only there for backwards compatibility with the DS.

Select works differently to Start in A Link Between Worlds.

Berordn

And also for VC games, but I think their original reasoning for it was due to their placement on the OG 3DS and OG XL models. Gives either hand a quick "pause" button.

Corgi

Banned

always thought it was an api limitation until recently because A link between worlds is one of the very few 3ds games that have distinct start and select functionalities.

shiyrley

Banned
They probably fixed the annoying, obvious and stupid camera glitch that happens whenever you use the cstick after z-targeting

They probably fixed the annoying, obvious and stupid camera glitch that happens whenever you use the cstick after z-targeting

While I don't find it as bad as that, I will say that the camera glitch is the only issue I've noticed with the game so far, so I'd be happy if they fixed that.

Is that the one where camera weirdly jumps around when using c-stick? I've got that and it's annoying.
Another (harmless) glitch (or is it?) is when time of the day changes - screen just keep getting smaller and smaller until day/night cutscene is played.

shiyrley

Banned
Wouldn't mind being able to map the touch-screen only items to ZL and ZR.
nintendo pls

I already completed all the dungeons but nintendo pls do this FOR GOD'S SAKE IT'S SO OBVIOUS AND WOULD BE SO USEFUL NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But I guess it was obvious to put the 3 main transformation masks on the 3 unused dpad directions and they didn't do it anyway.

Ein Bear

Would be really cool if they were patching it to actually take advantage of the New 3DS' extra hardware grunt. The framerate can get a bit shitty.

shiyrley

Banned
Honestly the framerate is crap when using 3D. Try to stop Epona in Termina Field then move foward inmediately again, that little smoke Epona makes when stopping will make the game run at like 10 FPS. Try playing a song in Clock Town. Try exiting the observatory and looking around Termina from there.

In 2D it's fine, in 3D it's terrible. Had they used the extra power of the New 3DS, things would be different...

Joqu

nintendo pls

I already completed all the dungeons but nintendo pls do this FOR GOD'S SAKE IT'S SO OBVIOUS AND WOULD BE SO USEFUL NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But I guess it was obvious to put the 3 main transformation masks on the 3 unused dpad directions and they didn't do it anyway.

I don't get why they didn't, Wind Waker HD handled it perfectly.

Only reason I can see is that they want some weird consistency with Ocarina of Time 3D.

Noogy

Would be really cool if they were patching it to actually take advantage of the New 3DS' extra hardware grunt. The framerate can get a bit shitty.

This would be nice, but compared to the original N64 game it runs like a dream. So nice not flying off an edge during combat just because the framerate hit the low single digits.

shiyrley

Banned
I'm thinking this is likely adding c-stick functionality to have consistency among both OoT and MM titles.

It can't just be a stability update. It's been a few years since OoT 3D was released.
How does it feel to live in a parallel world in where this thread reads "Ocarina Of Time 3D Update"?

Top Bottom