• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LittleBigPlanet BETA thread of hoo boy it's judgement time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Estival said:
I keep getting pop-ups in the middle of levels saying "Game disappeared." Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone know why it's happening? I haven't shared the game with anyone.

same thing here. even during creation mode.

rhino4evr

want to also add that the online mode, is exactly what Smash Brawl needed. Can you imagine how great that games online mode would have been if it was this seemless.

Cartman86

Banned
rhino4evr said:
How long before a LittleBIgPlanetLevelCreator.com?

Really we need a place to organize and comment on everyone's levels.

Well you can't copy levels to a memory stick and put them on a PC anyways so don't know how effective this would be. I suppose it could just be a place where people rate the levels and tell you where to find them. I suppose that could be cool. But of course MM is trying to do this within the game itself so hopefully that works even better.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Repost:

Is there something I'm not getting with the emitter?

Have a switch, connect it to the emitter, if I set the max to infinite it will work properly but, if I only want the thing to emit 1 item I hit the switch and nothing emits. Even if I set it to a high number like 100, it still won't work, only after I set it to infinite will it continue to work properly.

The only solution I have right now is to attach a bomb to the sensor that blows it up after it's activated the one time, but that's not very practical.

Dragon

Banned
McBacon said:
Oh Eff

"An error occured during the start operation"

Am I in trouble because I game shared this to my brother? :(

You can't play for 24 hours afterwards I believe. Something like that.

Costanza and deathgrip, love playing with you guys. The stuff you discover out there.

Oh and escape the cave is one of the best levels so far.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
McBacon said:
Oh Eff

"An error occured during the start operation"

Am I in trouble because I game shared this to my brother? :(
Talk to him on when he last played it. I shared it and almost 24 hours on the dot, it worked for me again. Unless his account is on your PS3 as well it may work that way.

TheExodu5

Banned
tehbear said:
The game really needs to do this itself. It's not a good community when information is dispersed in so many places.

Won't the release be like that though? I assume they have all the ranking and commenting features they've showed at all their demonstrations. I assume they just don't have the infrastructure in place during the beta.

rhino4evr said:
How long before a LittleBIgPlanetLevelCreator.com?

Really we need a place to organize and comment on everyone's levels.

I was thinking someone should do a thread in the online forum. The OP could keep track of everyones levels and thread used for feedback and announcing new creations.

Would be a lot of work for the OP if he's keeping track of everyones levels in the OP, but it would be awesome.

Anyone fancy doing something like that?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Catalix said:

Got the piston thingie working the way i wanted..for left and right movement..think it's better than wheels, for now anyway..

Gonna try sponge to fire something.. could set up something like a 'vertical' shooting range.. :)

In the last hour I played a two Mario levels, played an excellent multitiered user level, road a pirate boat, manned a three person rocket with my friends, rode the sonic mobile and went through the Shining hotel complete with crazy Jack pics. And thats just scraching the surface.

rhino4evr

MiamiWesker said:
In the last hour I played a two Mario levels, played an excellent multitiered user level, road a pirate boat, manned a three person rocket with my friends, rode the sonic mobile and went through the Shining hotel complete with crazy Jack pics. And thats just scraching the surface.

Where is the Shining stage?!!

DunpealD

Goldrusher said:
I finished it twice, once solo, once in multiplayer (chubigans and Constanza were there!)

That wasn't really multiplayer though, since only one of us could ride the Hedgehog engine without going out of control. Maybe the Metal Hedgehog engine will eliminate that problem.

bridegur

MiamiWesker said:

As cool as the variety sounds, I hope people will start putting together serious collections of levels with cohesive themes.

probably a stupid question, but where do I find my level after I publish it? do I have to wait a while for my level to show up on the planet?

anyway, can someone tried my level? it's puzzle-ish level where you need to find your way out of the mansion. the idea is to have hidden pathways to reach the exit. my original vision is to make many rooms, some room have switches to open other door etc. this is just a prototype, so it's very small, but you'll get the idea.

it's called 'The Mansion' by Callibretto. I put it in Indonesia when I publish it, but I still can't find my level in the planet section.

I'll update this post with the exact page and location after I found my level.

edit: found it, it's on page 2 in Indonesia, near Sonic level

rhino4evr

bridegur said:
As cool as the variety sounds, I hope people will start putting together serious collections of levels with cohesive themes.

The variety is what makes the game fun in the first place, still there is no reason why a "creator" couldn't make a series of stages around the same idea. The possibilities are endless.

bridegur said:

Same here, the variety is great but I would like to see a full game from someone.

Flunkie

Banned
Okay, I just got my first taste of LBP late last night (waiting for the 24 hours to get over), and I'm amazed.

Pure awesome.

All you guys who are playing, add me tonight. :)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Woot! Success! I now have a little spaceship thingy that moves left and right with the left-stick and shoots cherries with r1 :lol :D (think overhead shooter-y)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i glanced at an article asking "LBP, the next youtube?" and ignored it. but... homages to everything and memes can be done in this game easily. making it on par with youtube, ytmnd, neogaf gifs, 4chan.

all in addition to actual quality unique levels.

DunpealD

bridegur said:

You really can't expect people to do that in a short Beta period and if the user levels don't make it into the the retail version the whole work would have been a waste of time in terms of level collection.

It wouldn't surprise me if we'll see some full blown custom Story level collections when the game comes out though.

Goldrusher

Not to mention the beta is quite limited.

gofreak said:
Woot! Success! I now have a little spaceship thingy that moves left and right with the left-stick and shoots cherries with r1 :lol :D (think overhead shooter-y)
:eek:

I'm really having fun making a level, vut I feel strangely limited, at least with the idea I'm making. The 3 layers things is getting to me. I'm trying to have two outer 'borders' the players would walk between, but I havening issues making things that fit between these borders. Just getting spinning wheels that weren't forced to be part of my forground or background is tough, but I'm getting there. I think people are going to really like it, but it's just for show. The players don't have much to do except ride along.
When I get home from class, its GOGOGO time.
BTW: currently the level is called " Hobbit ride to the midnight sun of Valhalla" look for it tonight

Teknoman

Actually I think my 24hr turn might be coming up later tonight...so Wesker and Hoffman, if anything happens...dont blame me.:lol

But seriously, there has to be more than Gamepro and Xplay, especially since the dev at the playstation forums said over the next 5 days, and that started yesterday. That would mean by this coming monday....yet xplay is doing it tuesday.

EDIT: Never mind, he changed it to "over the next week".

shorter NA beta time ftw...>_>

Arnie

Ok so I have played through the story section and had a dabble in the creation stage. How do i start searching for the really good levels?

hmm, my level location has somehow changed from page 2 to 3. is that normal?

it's now on page 3, called "The Mansion" by Callibretto. it's a puzzle adv type level

Teknoman said:
Actually I think my 24hr turn might be coming up later tonight...so Wesker and Hoffman, if anything happens...dont blame me.:lol

But seriously, there has to be more than Gamepro and Xplay, especially since the dev at the playstation forums said over the next 5 days, and that started yesterday. That would mean by this coming monday....yet xplay is doing it tuesday.

I already got kicked off randomly even after Wesker got in. We were both playing at the same time.

Really weird. Just keep trying it and maybe you'll get in.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Teknoman said:

that dev doesn't know shit. he kept people waiting with fingers up their ass. and then the actual confirmed information doesn't support his statements.

Teknoman said:

No problem, this is the only way we get to play so it comes with the territory, once the keys hit we should all be ok.

Teknoman

DeathNote said:
that dev doesn't know shit. he kept people waiting with fingers up their ass. and then the actual confirmed information doesn't support his statements.

Yeah...he keeps changing the timeline. And the LBP news site has only been updated with design contests, nothing to do with beta.

MiamiWesker said:
No problem, this is the only way we get to play so it comes with the territory, once the keys hit we should all be ok.

Cool. In the meantime...Wipeout HD needs to hurry up. Might beat some more of MM9 and try DN3d co-op while im waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom