• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LittleBigPlanet BETA thread of hoo boy it's judgement time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakazato

Teknoman said:
What about all those "emails" that were sent out the other day? Any chance of us still recieving em before monday?

This is worse than scouring the net for FFXI beta chances back in the day.
LOL i remember this then my friend won one gave it to me and it didnt work ; ;

Cartman86

Banned
I remember back in the early days of On the Spot. I would always enter into their little quiz/questions at the end and win games. Lets hope i'm so lucky again. Hopefully they will have like 1000 codes and just ask a question and give it to the first 1000 who answer correctly. And I hope its not to subscribers since I canceled mine a month ago.

THE BEST LEVELS SO FAR
Please Note: Levels change pages/planets. Use format below.

==========
By GAF
==========

Member: Level Name (type icon - location)
duckroll: duckroll mobile (West Atlantic ocean)
chubigans: GAF-Lemmings Blox (Northeast of Canada)
JPBrowncoat: Windmill Fling (near New York)
JPBrowncoat: Shocking Cart Ride
Metalmurphy: Lunar Landing 0.9 (Portugal)
Bliddo: The Traveler (mushroom icon - Eastern Europe)
McBacon: [GAF] The Mountain King (Australia)
unknown Greenland For GAF (green icon - South Pole)
alterno69: Liquid Ice (Mexico)
Flakari: Phoenix Labyrinth (fire icon - Midwest USA)
unknown: HEDGEHOG engine Test (North of Australia)
unknown: less faster n harder for neogaf (underwear icon - South Pole)
unknown: Ruins of GAF (Eastern Europe)
unknown: Electric Madness (West of South America)
unknown: The Horror Of '44 (house icon - North Pole)
unknown: Escape from Super Ninja Island
unknown: GAF Truck Test
unknown: GAF Hype Train Beta 0.1
unknown: TheNextBigThing
unknown: Sock-gra-la
unknown: SMB Dungeon 1-4 (South Pole)

======================
Not by GAF, But Worth Playing
======================

Heist Part 1 (pink icon - near North Pole)
rollercoaster (Mediterranean)
Little Big UNCHARTED (Pakistan between Europe and India)
SMB1 (California)
The Great Escape Escape Nazi Germany!
Escape The Cave!
Temple of the Damned (Indonesia)
Icy Time trial (South Africa)
Coco's Fun House
Dinoland (Canada)
crazy wild west (East of Canada)

===
lol
===

Xbox 360 button (North Pole)

Please quote, remove quote-tags and add more.

oompa

Cartman86 said:
I remember back in the early days of On the Spot. I would always enter into their little quiz/questions at the end and win games. Lets hope i'm so lucky again. Hopefully they will have like 1000 codes and just ask a question and give it to the first 1000 who answer correctly. And I hope its not to subscribers since I canceled mine a month ago.
Yeah hopefully they have lots of keys to hand out :D

Danielsan

I just published the level I've been working on non stop the last two days.
It's called: Death and all his friends.
Please check it out. :D

Cartman86 said:

How do you email them for that kind of stuff, we need to be ready.

Cartman86 said:

hopefully your lucky enough to win all however many thousand of them and give them away:lol :lol :lol

DrBo42

I just looked at the membership comparison chart at Gamespot. You have to be a Plus or Total Access member for "Prize contests" which I'm sure this is. Prepare for heartbreak.

Zeliard

G-Bus said:
Wonder how this gamespot things going to work.

They will do the smart thing for them and wait until some point close to the end, but not the very end, of the show to offer the info to gain entry. As far as exactly how they'll do it, that remains to be seen, but it will probably be some form of a sign-up.

alterno69

Banned
I'm gonna work on a "game" before the full game releases. Design like 10 levels or so with characters and a story. man the posibilities are endless.

DrBo42 said:
I just looked at the membership comparison chart at Gamespot. You have to be a Plus or Total Access member for "Prize contests" which I'm sure this is. Prepare for heartbreak.

how much is it? can they activate it once I pay?

DrBo42

Rapping Granny said:
how much is it? can they activate it once I pay?
I think the activation is instant. As for price there's multiple ways of doing it but nothing over $10 USD

Edit: Please don't resort to that though. I know how bad you want in the beta, but Gamespot is an awful website. Don't contribute to evil.

inner-G

Banned
DrBo42 said:
I think the activation is instant. As for price there's multiple ways of doing it but nothing over $10 USD

Edit: Please don't resort to that though. I know how bad you want in the beta, but Gamespot is an awful website. Don't contribute to evil.

DrBo42 said:

I am sorry, but if you go back in this thread, you could see how desperate I am, I am willing to do many awful stuff in order to get this.

Rapping Granny said:
I am sorry, but if you go back in this thread, you could see how desperate I am, I am willing to do many awful stuff in order to get this.

Heh, I know how ya feel. I've given up on trying to get a code. Heh, to pass the time I've been updating the THE BEST LEVELS SO FAR list. :(

Kristin

Posted Sep 25, 2008 4:49 pm CT

1) The Trivia prize this week is going to be a beta key. 2) We have a lot, but we DO have a limited number.
3) You do not have to be a paid subscriber, this contest is open to anyone who watches the show and submits a trivia answer.
4) To enter - watch the show and wait for Brian and I to tell you how to enter. Good luck all! I'm off to go make some sacrifices to the server gods in hopes we don't crash like Eurogamer.

so no need to subscribe,this is an official from the site that said this

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Rapping Granny said:
Added you on PSN. Prematurely thought you were in the beta so forgive the intro inthe PM. Good luck

Zeliard

Rapping Granny said:

Dunno if it's worth it even then, though. A fuckton of people are going to be tuning in. There's definitely no guarantee that you'll get a key, and I'd even say the odds are probably quite low.

Loudninja

aj2good4you2 said:
Kristin

1) The Trivia prize this week is going to be a beta key. 2) We have a lot, but we DO have a limited number.
3) You do not have to be a paid subscriber, this contest is open to anyone who watches the show and submits a trivia answer.
4) To enter - watch the show and wait for Brian and I to tell you how to enter. Good luck all! I'm off to go make some sacrifices to the server gods in hopes we don't crash like Eurogamer.

so no need to subscribe

Cool

MercuryLS

Banned
I'm going to be away from the comp from 7pm to 8:30pm (just my luck :/). So can someone be so kind as to post the details from the stream in GAF? I might still be able to apply for the beta through the iPhone, unfortunately there's no way to see the stream through the phone so I'm going to need some deets from a kind gaffer.

oompa

aj2good4you2 said:
Kristin

Thank God

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
aj2good4you2 said:
Kristin

Great news

aj2good4you2 said:
Kristin

:lol I just took out the credit card out of my wallet.

* phew, saved my a couple of dollars.

Teknoman

aj2good4you2 said:
Kristin

Best news today (thats stretching up, but still).

Also damn Duke Nukem 3d is alot more challenging than I remember it. Only three Robot Masters left on Megaman 9...and Wipeout HD is like 60% done.

DrBo42

aj2good4you2 said:
Kristin

Shall we make a GAF pact to share the trivia answer? :lol

Rapping Granny said:
:lol I just took out the credit card out of my wallet.

* phew, saved my a couple of dollars.

If I win a key and you don't, you can have mine. I can't watch you do this anymore. :lol

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
I wasn't going to bite... but I can't resist, even though it will probably result in disappointment... again.

You've won this round GameSpot!

Teknoman

Zeliard said:
Dunno if it's worth it even then, though. A fuckton of people are going to be tuning in. There's definitely no guarantee that you'll get a key, and I'd even say the odds are probably quite low.
Yeah but its trivia. If we collaborate, we might be able to score.

Of course if no one here knows whatever answer...then we're screwed.

G-Bus

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:
Kristin

I <3 U

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
THE BEST LEVELS SO FAR
note: levels may change pages / planets

==========
by GAF
==========
(Creator --------> Level Name ------------------> Location)

duckroll ---------> duckroll mobile --------------------> west Atlantic ocean (page 2)
chubigans -------> GAF-Lemmings Blox --------------> north east of Canada (page 1)
JPBrowncoat--- -> Windmill Fling ---------------------> near New York (page 7)
JPBrowncoat ----> Shocking Cart Ride -------------->
Metalmurphy ---> Lunar Landing 0.9 ----------------> Portugal
Bliddo ------------> The Traveler ---------------------> eastern Europe (mushroom icon) (page 8)
McBacon ---------> [GAF] The Mountain King -------> Australia (page 1)
???????? ---------> Greenland For GAF --------------> south pole, green icon (page 7)
alterno69 --------> Liquid Ice -------------------------> Mexico http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_y1E-_F4ZA
Flakari -----------> Phoenix Labyrinth ---------------> Midwest USA (Fire Icon) (page unknown)
???????? ---------> HEDGEHOG engine Test --------> just north of Australia (page 3)
???????? ---------> less faster n harder for neogaf -> south pole (underwear icon) (page 9)
???????? ---------> Ruins of GAF ----------------------> eastern Europe (page 7)
???????? ---------> Electric Madness ------------------> west of South America (page 2)
???????? ---------> The Horror Of '44 ----------------> North Pole (House Icon) (page 3)
???????? ---------> Escape from Super Ninja Island ->
???????? ---------> GAF Truck Test -------------------->
???????? ---------> GAF Hype Train Beta 0.1 ---------->
???????? ---------> TheNextBigThing ------------------->
???????? ---------> Sock-gra-la ------------------------->
???????? ---------> SMB Dungeon 1-4 -------------> South Pole (page 7)
TONX -------------> Wipeout LBP! -------------> FLORIDA

======================
not by GAF, but worth playing
======================

Heist (Part 1) ..... near North Pole (pink icon) (page 1)
rollercoaster ..... Mediterranean (page 1)
Little Big UNCHARTED ..... Pakistan (between Europe and India) (page 1)
SMB1 ..... California (page 2)
The Great Escape (Escape Nazi Germany!) ..... ???
Escape The Cave! (multi-tiered level) .....
Temple of the Damned ..... Indonesia (page 5)
Icy Time trial ... South Africa (page 1)
Coco's Fun House .....
Dinoland ... Canada (page 1)
crazy wild west .... east of Canada (page 2)

===
lol
===

Xbox 360 button ... north pole (page 1)

quote, remove quote-tags and add more (with rough location !)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom