• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LittleBigPlanet USER LEVELS thread.

MNC

Riverside Temple
BY: MNC (PSN: MNC117)
Where: Netherlands

- My first published level.
- Tries too hard to incorporate alot of things :lol
- Mostly platforming, just a few 'innovative' (I'd like to think they are :D) parts

I'd give photo's but I'm having a hard time getting them off. Mainly cos I don't know how to! o_O
E: It's also a BIG WIP. Far from done.

Ranger X

Everyone who's sick of badly made paintinator levels and just wants to play something normal should give W0Wbaggr's "Blox Race" level a try. It's a oldschooly (is that a word?) level with some really smartly designed obstacles that require some tricky jumping. Stick with it though, once you get the hang of the jumps it flows really well and it's one of those levels you'll want to replay to improve your score.

Gonna try jump_button's level next. That looks awesome in the screenshots.

Teknoman

Wowbagger said:
I invite you all to bash my first creation: Blox Race: Trial Version (search for "@W0Wbaggr" to find it). It's a short and sweet race through an obstacle course.

Starting area:
291e45f.jpg

Can you get a 4x multiplier?
sux1js.jpg

Spikes, bounce pads and swings, oh my
well, there would be swings in the picture, but how am I supposed to take a picture when hanging on for dear life?
2iw22ci.jpg

Beyond the section of doom
fbwz5u.jpg

Give me feedback, please! :)

Personally I think you should hide switches, just so it looks a little more seamless. Unless you want people to see how you did something.

EDIT: Whats the best way to take screenshots? Play mode or create mode? Still need to give Aerial Armory a proper post while im working on my second normal platformer level.

Can I shamelessly asked to be hearted and have my level hearted? I'll heart back if you send me a message on XMB.

PSN: ThreeLeggedFreak
Level: LBP Garden v1.0

Teknoman

AranhaHunter said:
Can I shamelessly asked to be hearted and have my level hearted? I'll heart back if you send me a message on XMB.

PSN: ThreeLeggedFreak
Level: LBP Garden v1.0

Hey that was actually pretty fun. I think you should rename it to something a little more original.

EDIT: Anyone know how to make a boss have a multiple jump on weak spot other than multiple brains? Probably going to have to bug wurm on this one. Just feels strange to take out a huge sea monster with one bop to the head.

kittel

Teknoman said:
EDIT: Anyone know how to make a boss have a multiple jump on weak spot other than multiple brains? Probably going to have to bug wurm on this one. Just feels strange to take out a huge sea monster with one bop to the head.

put a button there and check the permanent switch section of my engineering level for a multi-hit permanent switch (found on the left side, which you can unlock by going right). Saves you the trouble of making one yourself, although it's really easy to make it.

Wowbagger

ThirstyFly said:
Everyone who's sick of badly made paintinator levels and just wants to play something normal should give W0Wbaggr's "Blox Race" level a try. It's a oldschooly (is that a word?) level with some really smartly designed obstacles that require some tricky jumping. Stick with it though, once you get the hang of the jumps it flows really well and it's one of those levels you'll want to replay to improve your score.

Thanks man! I should quote you in the level description. :)

Teknoman said:
Personally I think you should hide switches, just so it looks a little more seamless. Unless you want people to see how you did something.

Hmm, didn't consider that. Probably would look better with the simple look I'm going for. Thanks for the idea!

Teknoman

kittel said:
put a button there and check the permanent switch section of my engineering level for a multi-hit permanent switch (found on the left side, which you can unlock by going right). Saves you the trouble of making one yourself, although it's really easy to make it.

Got it.

EDIT: Ah, I think I understand just by seeing your switch in action. Does seem pretty easy :D

The hard part is editing an already created boss :lol Stuff is going haywire.

Wowbagger said:
Thanks man! I should quote you in the level description. :)

No prob. It really is fun, can't wait to see the extended version.

I think you should put something about it being an "old school challenge" in the description so people don't just give up when it gets to the challenging jumps.

I just wanted to come in here and give a shout out to Dinosaur Island creator, FeistyFrog. Because of those levels, I've added him and he's been very helpful with some tips for makig my next level.

The Dinosaur Island levels are actually very good. There's a certain simpleness to the design (not a knock) that actually FEELS like LBP. I'm sick of all the gimmicky metallic and bunker stone levels that are out there. These feel peaceful yet still difficult enough to have fun. A lot of hard work that went into it. Part 1 is my fav.

Teknoman said:
Republished Aquatico Sands Zone with 5 hit boss weakness. Thanks again Kittel.

Tried your levels today Tekno. What indicates you're actually hitting the boss? It's too hard to see the switch light up when being hit and I wasn't even sure if I was on the right layer to connect with it. I eventually killed the boss just by jumping at it's head over and over again, but I think you need to make a clear indication for when you're doing damage.

I found the colour of lighting you used made the bright blue background a little hard on the eyes too.

Teknoman

ThirstyFly said:
Tried your levels today Tekno. What indicates you're actually hitting the boss? It's too hard to see the switch light up when being hit and I wasn't even sure if I was on the right layer to connect with it. I eventually killed the boss just by jumping at it's head over and over again, but I think you need to make a clear indication for when you're doing damage.

I found the colour of lighting you used made the bright blue background a little hard on the eyes too.

Yeah I just realized the button isnt working the way I wanted it to, so i've still got to work on that. As for the layer, I thought the button covered it's entire face, but that doesnt seem to be the case. Made a small "plank" to keep the player on the right layer, but i'll go back and work on that later today. Really wish it was easier to make large enemy adjustments in LBP (often you'll just delete a simple sound effect and something else falls apart).

Color correction, was going for a kind of tropical environment, but i'll mess around with the different filters and see if I can tone things down abit.

Teknoman said:
Hey that was actually pretty fun. I think you should rename it to something a little more original.

Thanks for the compliments, I tried to the best of my ability using the limited tools I had, I might try to create another level that's a little more complex. And I don't have the creative mind to think of creative levels or names, so I just went with what I had lol. Your levels are awesome btw.

Teknoman

If I change the color correction it wont keep the tropical look, so sorry about that. However, I am up to suggestions on how to make the weak spot look more obvious. Just stickered it blue so its clear, but not sure what else I could do. Maybe attach a sound or something to it?

Oh and I made the plank one layer think, so that should help abit. I cant cut down the rest of the ship since it's part of alot of the stage (still not sure how that happened).

EDIT: Plank works great for timing hits on Tiburon...however for some reason, sometimes it wont autolayer switch you if you're running. Anyway republished with hopefully an easier to see weakspot. Added big impact and monster scream noises so you know you hit it.

Teknoman

HD option is now up for Aquatico Sands. Did some improvements to the video as well as improvements to the levels itself and republished last night.

However the bright blue weakpoint and the one layer plank behind the ship weren't made until after I already recorded the video...so those are the only things different between the video and actual level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRSt0nmi9lg
Linked again just in case.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Okay, here we go, my first level.

Name: Sometimes the Dragon Eats You
PSN/Author: ToyDragoninBlue

The title became more appropriate as it went along, my first stage becoming too epic for its own good :lol It's been tested with 2x players all the way through. I think it's relatively glitch free on the current pass. The difficulty is medium with a few hard bits, hard for us at least. Also, after your first play there is a time trial race available. Oh, and there's a bit of Paintinator usage.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Kaijima said:
Okay, here we go, my first level.

Name: Sometimes the Dragon Eats You 1.1
PSN/Author: ToyDragoninBlue

Now with 1.1 update.

Sorry for the bump. I noticed a couple of major glitches our testing missed that might have caused people to get stuck and break the level permanently. We fixed them and I added a few more tweaks to make the time trial more reasonable - a bridge spawns over the pit when race is activated so that you don't have to wait for the ghost to float by and grab. A few other smoothings here and there.

Metal Gear Solid Story Tribute PART 1 of 8
BY: Jump_button

Where:Italia

- foot prints being see when walk in snow
- enemy field of vision useing lights on end of gun
- trying to keep it close to what happens in the story
- start to the cell fight

aphoto.jpg

aphoto1i.jpg

aphoto2.jpg

aphoto3.jpg

aphoto4.jpg

i know my level have be hard to find but just look for @jump_button and they pop up right away

Awesome work JB. I recommend this to all MGS fans. It definitely has the look and feel of the first game. I look forward to the next 7 installments.

templeusox said:
Awesome work JB. I recommend this to all MGS fans. It definitely has the look and feel of the first game. I look forward to the next 7 installments.

happy to see some one enjoyed it I dont know when ill start next i think i do one of my own ideas and then part 2

Boss Man

Play my level GAF:

Malpractice- The Amazing Maze!

It's got 40 hearts, 4/5 rating, and over 1,000 plays on its own. Honestly, I don't know how.

9/30 (Creator) and 47/50 (Levels) hearts for the Create trophy. Please help me out! I'll H4H, but please PM me for it. I don't read the comments on my level lol.

Hey guys, I just made a new stage...it's inspired by Super Smash Brothers. I've been wanting to make a "versus mode" stage for a while and this is what I came up with.

Basically it's a 2-4 player 2 minute timed mini-game (1 player will work also...it would just be trying to get a high score by yourself as opposed to competing for the high score against other opponents) but basically you are trying to push your opponents off the stage while collecting the most prize bubbles. There are also smash balls that will hover above the stage to shoot and destroy for bonus points.

Check it out if it sounds fun to you guys:

Title: Super Sack Bros. Brawl
PSN: Leonidas2123

Ranger X

MisterAnderson said:
Hey guys, I just made a new stage...it's inspired by Super Smash Brothers. I've been wanting to make a "versus mode" stage for a while and this is what I came up with.

Basically it's a 2-4 player 2 minute timed mini-game (1 player will work also...it would just be trying to get a high score by yourself as opposed to competing for the high score against other opponents) but basically you are trying to push your opponents off the stage while collecting the most prize bubbles. There are also smash balls that will hover above the stage to shoot and destroy for bonus points.

Check it out if it sounds fun to you guys:

Title: Super Sack Bros. Brawl
PSN: Leonidas2123

This level is going to have a free 10 000 plays because of the name lol

LittleBig Green Hill Zone
by: Jump_button
where: Africa

- most of the level on one plane
- try to get the feeling of the old sonic games three paths to take
- hope you play more then ones and try the other 2 ways ;) if you like it the 1st time
- not a copy of a level make up as i gone along

aphoto.jpg

aphoto1.jpg

aphoto4.jpg

aphoto3.jpg

DrBo42

I'm finally starting work on Welcome to Pleasantville re-make in the full version + Parts 2 and 3. I'll post in here again when they're done, if anyone cares. :lol

DrBo42 said:
I'm finally starting work on Welcome to Pleasantville re-make in the full version + Parts 2 and 3. I'll post in here again when they're done, if anyone cares. :lol

Awesome. I missed it the first time around. Looking forward to the remake!

Teknoman

Cant wait for the rest of the updates to hit. That tetherless jetpack powerup is going to make flying action so much easier / seamless visual wise. Now all we need is that tutorial alien planet background.

I finally finished my first level since the game's launch... I don't have enough time :(

sacksoldier at sackwar!
PSN: segata_san

The beginning is inspired by Saving Private Ryan...

f7.jpg

but it gets really crazy...

f8.jpg

f4.jpg

f3.jpg

At the end there's some kind of secret research facility..

f1.jpg

I put lots of shit (stickers, objects..) everywhere, so at the beginning there's some slowdown.

Hope you like it.

I just wanted to pump up my levels again. They have both appeared in the first post in this thread. I would love more feedback either within the level or on this forum. Everyone has loved my two levels since they have been out since the game came out. I would love more of you to try them.

These levels offer full exploration, platforming precision, vehicles, contraptions, secrets and more. Just dont expect my levels to hold your hand and tell you where to go.

Explore, have fun, leave feedback. I know it has been a while since I originally posted these, but I would love for you guys to check them out.

PSN ID: Filth_Flannigan

Levels:

Sacrifice of the Serpent
100% Youtube Walkthrough

No Smokin while Spelunkin

100% Youtube Walkthrough (It all depends on the snake you ride)

Ok, try my level then:

PSN: ShalashaskaBR

Level name: Metal Gear Solid Action (located in South America)

It's not great compared to the ones you guys do, but I think it's pretty decent...

EDIT: Oh, and help me with the Create Trophy, please!

Xenon

This is the opening area of a reading level. I will be adding much more to it but I wanted to get some feedback.

2d2fzf5.jpg
29oo2uw.jpg

300qfsl.jpg
16baa6w.jpg

2gud4at.jpg

Easy Reading 4 kids 3-5
PSN: XenonHMW

Also please try my Farminton's Haunted Castle(final) I was hoping one person would be able to solve it without me showing them how.

Xenon

Musashi Wins! said:
The reading level is brilliant! I would not have thought of that.

Time to get back into LBP.

Thanks. I started this like two months ago but I got burnt out on the game. I seem to have the spark again but the flakey emitters are getting on my nerves already.

Teknoman

Another green hill level has surfaced. Should be on the front page with a big sonic face as the logo. Actually captured the graphic feel of it nicely. Still need to play Jump button's version.

I wish we could get some melee weapon like the paintinator so I could get started on a castlevania/ninja gaiden/ghost and goblins style level series.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Cute level Xenon..didn't have a kid to test it on, but it's charming :)

Nice text too, did you handcraft that font?

Top Bottom