• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LittleBigPlanet USER LEVELS thread.

Ranger X said:
But how is this message not demonstrating that you're a "trophy whore"? :lol

If you weren't a trophy whore you would simply not give a damn. Especially when it's only one trophy.

LOL... you should check out the "but for LBP, I guess I do care" part of my post. For the most part I don't care but can you blame me when it's the ONLY thing I need to get the plat? It's the icing on an otherwise delicious cake seeing that platinum sackboy. To me, a trophy whore is one who'd purchase any game that supports it and goes after them. I don't. But if the game is engaging enough and I play and happen to achieve said trophies because it's an accomplishment within the game, that's awesome too. And when there is one left that has NOTHING to do with my skills and achievments in the game, I come here and post my emo plea for hearts :D .

Teknoman

Send me a friend request and i'll heart it....on one condition.

Play some of my newer stages and give constructive criticism:lol Doesn't matter if you like em or not. Kinda want to participate in Mik's project and I want to know what I need to work on. Still the same new ones, Aerial Armory and Aquatico Sands.

PSN: TeknomanEX

Blame!

i spent the last couple hours looking through this thread and i just want to say that there is some incredible shit in here. i really need to go back to this game at some point. wow.

Teknoman

1zbdij7.jpg

We are pleased.

Thanks again littlebigcontra team!

Teknoman said:

Play some of my newer stages and give constructive criticism:lol Doesn't matter if you like em or not. Kinda want to participate in Mik's project and I want to know what I need to work on. Still the same new ones, Aerial Armory and Aquatico Sands.

Basically, I just need the hearts (12 last I checked), not my levels. You can skip my levels or try them. I wouldn't mind some constructive criticism either.

...I was pointed in the direction of the official lbp forums for some friendly people to help out with hearts/plays/advice but since I mainly browse the web on my PS3, I couldn't access it for some reason. I expect I wouldn't have been mocked for asking for a little help there lol.

You know what would be amazing, if you could list as much levels as you want and give it a unique code, and anyone can input that code into a bar that brings up a playlist. Than all the levels are played consecutively.

So basically you would find levels, stamp them, as many as you want, than give it a code. How hard would something like be to pull off?

Ranger X

Lion Heart said:
You know what would be amazing, if you could list as much levels as you want and give it a unique code, and anyone can input that code into a bar that brings up a playlist. Than all the levels are played consecutively.

So basically you would find levels, stamp them, as many as you want, than give it a code. How hard would something like be to pull off?

Would probably be pretty hard but what you describe is very similar to a hearted list.

if you guy really doing that project i really think you need to plan a good funny story out and the ending have to have the same look as the next level

TripOpt55

I've tried a couple of the levels in here I missed before. I tried your level "Blox Race" Wowbagger. It's pretty fun, but I wasn't able to finish it last night. I just didn't have it in me. Those parts with the floaty platforms are tough. I made it past the ones that go up, but had to stop on the next part that has ones that look like sort of like stairs. I got up two levels I think, but fell on the way to the third. Anyway, I'll try and finish it another time.

I also tried Sackboy in Sky Town a little while back when I tried your newer level (not sure if I mentioned this). It was really cool. I loved the look. The little houses were really cool looking. The end was also quite funny. Nice job.

Teknoman said:

Ok, no lie... Aquatico Sands is right up there with other levels that I consider to be the perfect LBP experience. It's rich with color, atmosphere and charm that the levels with way too much going on will never accomplish. Nice work there.

Teknoman

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Ok, no lie... Aquatico Sands is right up there with other levels that I consider to be the perfect LBP experience. It's rich with color, atmosphere and charm that the levels with way too much going on will never accomplish. Nice work there.

Really? Thanks. That was my most recent level, but I was worried that it might seem too empty. Also I still think I need to work on making boss battles. Thanks for the level props though :D

I'll give your stages a shot sometime next week.

jump_button said:
if you guy really doing that project i really think you need to plan a good funny story out and the ending have to have the same look as the next level

Could be a cool summer project. :lol now im all psyched up for it. Hopefully Mik will be back soon. Oh and i'll hop on to do the heart in a little bit Moonsault. Final reviews are killing all my time.

Wowbagger

TripOpt55 said:
I've tried a couple of the levels in here I missed before. I tried your level "Blox Race" Wowbagger. It's pretty fun, but I wasn't able to finish it last night. I just didn't have it in me. Those parts with the floaty platforms are tough. I made it past the ones that go up, but had to stop on the next part that has ones that look like sort of like stairs. I got up two levels I think, but fell on the way to the third. Anyway, I'll try and finish it another time.

Thanks for playing my level! =)

I'm thinking of making the final two thirds of the "stairs" optional and put a bunch of bubbles up there.

Need to add some more sections too; the level is way too short. :(

Teknoman

Once more just before the summer starts and I can finally start improving my LBP creation skills:

Aquatico Sands Zone, second stage in my GAF adventure (platforming) series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRSt0nmi9lg

Either watch the preview in HD then play it, or just go play the stage.

PSN: TeknomanEX, so either search for that...or the name of the stage.

I want the third stage to be a jungle style zone...but not sure if thats too played out by now or what. Would be called Jade Flora.

Go for it, Tekno. Doesn't matter if it's played out if you make it unique.

By the way, I'm working on a new level which is going to be based on a favorite album of mine (not telling yet =P) and is proving to be VERY random.... which is what I'm going for. It goes through different "styles" for every track and the difficulty is up there compared to my other levels.

By the way: I suspect it's thanks to some of you, I now just need 8 more player hearts for my plat.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
2h7eyjo.png

Traps n' Shooting New Gameplay Style PVP by Jocchan
Where: Arctic Continent

- Designed for multiplayer (obviously)
- Unlimited lives, stage exit unlocks automatically after four minutes
- Gameplay radically different from other PVP deathmatch levels
- Includes Paintinator and free flight jetpack

20uwxp1.jpg

Mik2121

I'm back!.

I made a short stage meanwhile (not finished, but it's online already) called Arabian Nights.

Regarding the project, I'd say we need to meet somewhere, most likely some iRC chat or MSN so we can discuss this better.

dk_

jump_button said:
Metal Gear Solid Story Tribute PART 1 of 8
BY: Jump_button

Where:Italia

- foot prints being see when walk in snow
- enemy field of vision useing lights on end of gun
- trying to keep it close to what happens in the story
- start to the cell fight

i know my level have be hard to find but just look for @jump_button and they pop up right away
Where is it? When I search your name I only see "Sackboy in the Sky", "Majora's Mask", "Robot Town" and "Black & White Planet". :-(

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
After publishing my Deathmatch Arena I noticed (yeah, I haven't been playing LBP for a while, I picked it up again because my brother bought the MGS4 stuff) there's a shitton of deathmatch PVP levels... too bad they're all exactly the same: huge, empty rooms where you fly around with a jetpack carrying ugly swords and, while flying around, accidentally killing yourself 90% of the time.
After spending a whole afternoon crafting my level and focusing on traps, color me disappointed.

mr_nothin

Banned
Jocchan said:
After publishing my Deathmatch Arena I noticed (yeah, I haven't been playing LBP for a while, I picked it up again because my brother bought the MGS4 stuff) there's a shitton of deathmatch PVP levels... too bad they're all exactly the same: huge, empty rooms where you fly around with a jetpack carrying ugly swords and, while flying around, accidentally killing yourself 90% of the time.
After spending a whole afternoon crafting my level and focusing on traps, color me disappointed.
They need to add a VS mode/option in this game.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
mr_nothin said:
They need to add a VS mode/option in this game.
Being able to (at least) detect when a certain sackboy dies would be neat.
However, out of frustration I changed the name and description of my level (see a few posts above) :lol

Jocchan said:

I have a smash brothers themed timed versus stage you might wanna check out. There's no traps or anything, but prize bubbles fall from the sky and its a competition to get the most points in 2 minutes.

Smash balls will also sometimes float in range allowing you to destroy it with a paintinator for bonus points. You can try to knock your opponents off with the paintinator as well (it doesn't kill them though, theres jetpacks so if you fall off you can get back on the stage)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
MisterAnderson said:
I have a smash brothers themed times versus stage you might wanna check out. There's no traps or anything, but prize bubbles fall from the sky and its a competition to get the most points in 2 minutes.

Smash balls will also sometimes float in range allowing you to destroy it with a paintinator for bonus points. You can try to knock your opponents off with the paintinator as well (it doesn't kill them though, theres jetpacks so if you fall off you can get back on the stage)
Thanks for suggesting it, I'm definitely going to play your level. Is your PSN name MisterAnderson?

Jocchan said:
Thanks for suggesting it, I'm definitely going to play your level. Is your PSN name MisterAnderson?

It's Leonidas2123, and I haven't played yours yet but am interested in trying it out for sure, I'll let you know when I give it a go - I've been pretty busy lately.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
MisterAnderson said:
It's Leonidas2123, and I haven't played yours yet but am interested in trying it out for sure, I'll let you know when I give it a go - I've been pretty busy lately.
I was going to search for your level, but my PSN seems dead.
I keep getting a DNS error, which is weird because I have no connection problems with my PC. I'll try again later :)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I've played your Smash stage and - despite having to play it in single player because of some weird connection errors I've been having tonight - I loved it.
The countdown before time running out was a nice touch, I'm definitely going to play it again online.

Teknoman

Wonder if anyone will try to make rocket knight adventures/ Nights style stages with the tetherless jetpack...

Also MM needs to get with the program and add Ice danger material...yet make it so that it's not instant death. Just freeze for a certain amount of time, and add a slippery effect to being frozen.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Sack Eater

I finally finished it! It's my masterpiece! Too bad it's not getting good feedback from the LBP community so far... :(

But you might like it, GAF. It's based loosely around MGS3, and I went through painstaking efforts to make the stage look and feel like the classic PS2 game. There's a handful of cool things that you'll appreciate if you played MGS3, and there's a lot of hidden areas to explore for point bubbles. Exploration is the name of the game here, if you want a high score.

There's a couple of pretty challenging sections, but all the checkpoints are double life, so keep trying and you'll get it eventually.

With that, here are the pictures (sorry for the quality, I took them with my DSi. :lol )

HNI_0001.jpg

HNI_0002.jpg

HNI_0003.jpg

HNI_0004.jpg

HNI_0005.jpg

HNI_0007.jpg

HNI_0009.jpg

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me feedback. If there's something wrong/annoying with this level, let me know and I'll probably change it. I worked on this stage for a very long time...

P.S. - I've also got a few ideas for a cool Shagohod boss battle, so if this gets lots of attention, I might go ahead and try to do something like that, and put a key to that level at the end of Sack Eater. :)

Hey Jocchan, I checked out your stage but unfortunately didn't have any friends online to play it with me at the time. Looks like it would make an interesting battlefield for sure, looking forward to play with others when I get a chance.

Ranger X

So here's the time to publish my new level. This time it's a one player intended thing of hard difficulty. I'm sure I will be fried alive in the cool pages but honestly I can't care less. There's got to be someone somewhere making good hard levels for more advanced players that want a challenge.

Point of interests:

-Train level, yay!

-Simulation of a parallaxed background.

-Bubble mode.

When you finish the level you're going to get a sticker for the Bubble Mode. The bubble mode is about trying to go through the whole level and grab all the bubbles in ONE huge combo. The layout of the level changes accordingly you are in Bubble Mode or not so you can actually achieve your goal.

I hope you enjoy the thing, don't be shy to give feedback and to rate it high if you liked it in order to counter the difficulty whinners out there. You know what I mean, I don't want to come around here as a rating begger.

Oh and I finish this post with some screenies:

CrazyTrain03.png

CrazyTrain04.png

CrazyTrain01.png

CrazyTrain02.png

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
MisterAnderson said:
Hey Jocchan, I checked out your stage but unfortunately didn't have any friends online to play it with me at the time. Looks like it would make an interesting battlefield for sure, looking forward to play with others when I get a chance.

TripOpt55

I played your Train level Ranger X. It was fun. I thought for sure I would have to restart the level, but I made it through on my first try. There were some tough sections though. I think the one I thought I was going have to restart because of was the one where the laser pellet things (from the MGS levels I don't remember what they're called) were shooting across horizontally and then ones would come from the top too. I kept jumping the horizontal ones in place like jump rope waiting for the right spot to move on and get past the ones coming from the top. I may try and go back and do a run with the bubble sticker later. Nice level though.

Also, I was browsing some levels and ran into Mik2121's Arabian Nights level and remembered him from here and tried it. I really liked it. I hope you keep working on it. It reminded me a bit of Prince of Persia (I mean this in a good way). It even had a sort of corrupted section with tentacles and purple. Cool stuff. When I was brainstorming for ideas I was going to do something similar to those swingy things. I was going to try and make them thinner though. I wanted them to be like pole-swinging in Jak or PoP or TR. Anyway, nice level so far.

Thrakier

In the listenup podcast I heard that you can send links for levels on the pc and download them on the ps3. How is that possible?

Mesijs

Teknoman said:

I checked out Aquatico Sands.

I think the style is nice and consistent, with the houses and the clouds and the palm trees: it's really one style that's everywhere and that's nice.

I think also that you got quite some talent, judging from the last scene. It feels fun and is well put into place, well balanced and feels good overall.

However, I think the beginning section is quite boring and uninspired. Basically you don't put in a lot of gameplay mechanics there, it's just running straight and jumping a few times. There is zero verticality. Maybe you could make a little village that's built on a mountain with some platforming segments, or pirate traps or whatever, I don't know. But right now it's a tad boring. I think you could make something much better, because the ending section is excellent.

Teknoman

Mesijs said:
I checked out Aquatico Sands.

I think the style is nice and consistent, with the houses and the clouds and the palm trees: it's really one style that's everywhere and that's nice.

I think also that you got quite some talent, judging from the last scene. It feels fun and is well put into place, well balanced and feels good overall.

However, I think the beginning section is quite boring and uninspired. Basically you don't put in a lot of gameplay mechanics there, it's just running straight and jumping a few times. There is zero verticality. Maybe you could make a little village that's built on a mountain with some platforming segments, or pirate traps or whatever, I don't know. But right now it's a tad boring. I think you could make something much better, because the ending section is excellent.

Whats funny is that I had a decent vertical section at that part (was supposed to scale the cliffs with some springing and rickety bridges. I guess I glued one too many things together, and the whole level kept falling apart whenever I landed on a certain object.

Couldnt figure out what was going wrong, so I had to leave it as is. Thats my one complaint about LBP...sometimes you cant figure out what went wrong and it breaks the entire stage.

Thanks for the pointers and playing though.

decon

How the hell do you find the LBP orginals levels? I do a normal search for LBP orginals as they say on the blog but none of the levels they talk about show up :(?

Teknoman

Next stage in the pure platforming series is supposed to be a jungle stage, but not sure if I feel like tackling that now or making a second stage in my Chiroptera killer (castlevania homage) series.

Really need some melee weapons (getting old saying that, but its true :lol )

EDIT: Now to check out some GAF levels. Got some time and it's rainy outside :lol

decon

Oh my god that Snow and Surf is just awful. I was expecting more from these levels. They should focus more on user levels on the PS blog,

Top Bottom