• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LittleBigPlanet USER LEVELS thread.

Oneself

Played Black & White Planet last night. Awesome level, congrats. I love the looks and the "old school" platforming.

Also Crazy Train (normal difficulty), I always enjoyed train levels in platformers, again, I loved it.

Nice work guys! :D

TuxBobble

TuxBobble said:
I'd love it if I could get a few people to play my levels.

They are
"The Rock" http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/320103.html
and
"Everest" http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/321043.html

and are authored by my PSN (TuxBobble)

I think Everest is at least a pretty good attempt at a level--The Rock might still need a little polish. Let me know what you think, if you get a chance to play them. (I have videos of the levels, but am hoping people will play them rather than just watching!!!)

If anyone gets a chance to play my level(s), would you mind offering a little feedback? Either here or via the level comments function in LittleBigPlanet itself?

I'd appreciate it a lot--trying to figure out how to make the levels just right.

Robot Town 2 was another fine effort, Jump_button. You have really nailed this unique style...

And TuxBobble, The Rock was pretty cute! Being a huge "The Rock" fan (the movie, people) you did a great job adding little touches and fun concepts. PLUS, I got my Share gold trophy on your lvl :D

"Everest" was pretty fun, too - but I love really vertical levels. Your snowflakes were pretty cool, especially at one point where you really amped it up.

I randomly found a small community who apparently just create trains. Yeah. It's sort of weird.

TuxBobble

TheMissingLink said:
Robot Town 2 was another fine effort, Jump_button. You have really nailed this unique style...

And TuxBobble, The Rock was pretty cute! Being a huge "The Rock" fan (the movie, people) you did a great job adding little touches and fun concepts. PLUS, I got my Share gold trophy on your lvl :D

"Everest" was pretty fun, too - but I love really vertical levels. Your snowflakes were pretty cool, especially at one point where you really amped it up.

I randomly found a small community who apparently just create trains. Yeah. It's sort of weird.

Thanks for the kind words, TheMissingLink. I love the movie and decided it was destined to be an LBP level. I would like to make it longer, but I think for fans of the movie, it's good. (Like in the movie, they could never get through the furnace, so they have the door opened for them by Mason--but I had to make you try or it would be no fun...lol)

And I would have made Everest more vertical, but I felt that knowing myself, I'd wind up making it either too easy or too difficult. I'm not used to creating vertical levels, so I'm not too comfortable with difficulty in that respect. I really was proud of the snowflakes too, except they take up a LARGE amount on the thermometer--I actually had to cut back on them a bit to keep the level in decent shape.

If anyone has anything else to add, please don't hesitate--trying to become a better level creator, worthy of the create trophy!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I just got the game today, looking forward to playing some GAF levels!

Be sure to let me know if you see need that Create Trophy and I'll be sure to get on it and help out. :D

Hey guys, I've finally started creating some levels. I've made 2 levels: Poison Prison and Garden Heaven.

Poison Prison was more a level for me to get my hands wet with the set up. I thought it would be fun to create a level that diverges ,offering options of either sneaking in the back way or going on guns blazing while ending up at the same soreboard. It'll probably be a concept that I delve into later when my creating skills get better.

Garden Heaven I created to be similar to what I pictured LBP as when it was first announced. I decided to make a couple of short games for people to play. In making this level I wanted to learn how to make my own assets, a few of which, I will take on to other levels.

I'd love some comments from you guys on your thoughts of the levels. I'm currently trying to work to the Create trophy, but it seems like a massive undertaking to get that many people to heart my levels as well as myself.

Hope you enjoy the levels.

Any HORSE the band fans here? I just finished my level that is inspired and based on their album 'The Mechanical Hand' (the first 7 tracks anyway. It's so random and colorful but I like it. Even if you're not a fan, I think you'll enjoy the randomness and even the difficulty... it's my toughest level.

I hope people like it. I want to finish the album soon. I also really hope I get JUST FIVE MORE CREATOR HEARTS for my plat trophy.

Up & Away In Sky Town
by: jump_button
where: between uk and usa

well I had this idea of doing a level with the player holding on to a balloon, I been think of gameplay to go with that so, I hope you love the look and the gameplay and hope it feel like no other levels out there

aphoto3.jpg

aphoto4r.jpg

aphoto2r.jpg

man im so burned out I need a rest lol

gofreak said:
OK...gonna have to check your level out.. those shots remind me how pretty this game is.

well in game pics dont look that good really the Back is all black all the light in the level I put it there so how i got the deep blue to blackand white lower down

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Just played it...Fook me...that's a gorgeous level.

It's sort of like a pastel-y drawing with gorgeous lighting and shaowing..the layering of the clouds and stuff with all the shadowing going on looks soooo goood.

Maybe it's just cos I haven't dipped into LBP in a while..I haven't really seen much since they introduced the lighting tools..but that just looked soo good to me. Like a 'second generation' of LBP level, almost.

*clap*

Septimus

Yeah since the new lighting tool was introduced it just gave creatures a lot to play with regarding atmosphere. I agree with the second generation look. Definitely gonna try this with some friends later today.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Oh, and it is a total shame about the screen capture tools. We need to be able to capture at full resolution with all effects and lighting.

Stuff like this begs to be shown off online. It'd help promote the game enormously.

ty guys just wish I this idea back in may :b dont ask why lol

I just feel like I am geting use to all tools and I can make things look the way I want or close too it

being in the online create beta helped a little seeing how other make levels

KingCrow

Hi everybody,

I got about 5 levels and I need to get some traffic and hearts to get the Create trophy... Can you guys check 'em out. I would appreciate feedback and hearts of course ;)
I would like to expand some levels... in the future... when i have some time... but right now i really want that platinum trophy.

Thanks

PSN: KingCrow

Hi I am not one to really but just saw Mm post on youtube this level

StarCruiser by CandyK

look really good and a must play so go play it

:lol I keep tring to put this game down and rest for a week but keep pulling me back in lol

Ranger X

jump_button said:
Up & Away In Sky Town

well I had this idea of doing a level with the player holding on to a balloon, I been think of gameplay to go with that so, I hope you love the look and the gameplay and hope it feel like no other levels out there

aphoto3.jpg

aphoto4r.jpg

aphoto2r.jpg

You people need to play this.

/freepimping

Schrade

jump_button said:
Up & Away In Sky Town

[ IMG]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9272/aphoto3.jpg[/IMG]

[ IMG]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4986/aphoto4r.jpg[/IMG]

[ IMG]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7685/aphoto2r.jpg[/IMG]

Er don't post imageshack links! And... it appears they got hax0red, too! All three image links above were the following:

214w0pg.jpg

jump_button said:
Up & Away In Sky Town

That was absolutely outstanding! What a damn fine level.

jayb

Hey guys, I'd appreciate it if you would check out my levels:

Aztec Platformer

Jetpack Maze Race of Doom!

by: Jay_mb
where: usa

I know, I know...my titles aren't that creative, but I think my levels make up for it. The Aztec level is probably the better of the two. Please heart them and me if you like them. Thanks!

Xenon

jump_button said:
Up & Away In Sky Town

Looking forward to playing this.

I enjoyed your other ones. You do a great job of creating gaming worlds that feel complete. The only thing I would suggest is putting more hidden areas in your level for people to find. They beg to be explored.

[edit]
Played it, Love it. So well done and beautiful. [/edit]

KanZolo

Just got my account confirmed after 7 months and just wanted to say, aside from being an awesome forum, this thread is the reason I wanted to become a member.

My ps3 broke in Jan. so I'm way behind but wasnt there a PSN ID that had a bunch of these levels hearted? Thanks

jayb

jump_button, I just played your Up & Away and black and white levels last night...amazing. I've got a lot of work to do to create a level as good as those. Great job!

Ranger X

jayb said:
jump_button, I just played your Up & Away and black and white levels last night...amazing. I've got a lot of work to do to create a level as good as those. Great job!

Don't worry. Start small and get better with times. It's the only way.

:)

NeoUltima

I've been working on a level on and off for about a month now (Vampire Slayer X its published but locked atm)...all that is left is to make it more 'pretty'. Basically its working your way to and through Dracula's castle. It's a good fun(imo) lengthy level, and not too easy or too hard. Not particularly innovative though, but hopefully it lives up to GAF's standards.

SToRM

I'm creating my first level at the moment, but now I see in the first post something that looks a bit similar... Well, I will finish it anyway and post it here when I´m finished.

jump_button said:
Up & Away In Sky Town

I've played this level last week. It looked awesome and it played great, so I gave it 5 stars and a heart ;)
I also played all of the levels from Jackofcourse yesterday (don't know if he's active over here), but all of his levels are very good with some clever puzzles and worth playing.

Dragnet

I feel the need to repimp my level, I feel like it went unnoticed last time and I've fixed a lot of bugs and added some cool stuff to it since, because of that some of these pictures aren't entirely accurate, but I can't be assed taking new pictues! I also added a single, lonely super secret bonus point bubble. If you can find it, grats to you :D

Name: Rootnin' Tootnin' Puzzles!
PSN ID: Dragnet

I've had this level on and off since the beta, but only recently got the motivation to finish it up. When I first heard of LittleBigPlanet, I got images of being able to edit the level whilst in it, and as Mm have stated they had a feature that let you do that but they dropped it. This level kind of plays to that, you fit together blocks to fill in holes in the ground so a barrel of alcohol can pass over!

Whilst making it, I also decided I wanted to create a platformer/technical puzzler based in some caves, and also a western themed cart ride that uses only realistic physics, no rockets and whatnot. I ended up doing a Molyneux and being too ambitious, so every one of my ideas is only half of what my original vision was for it, which bugs me. It also means that the gameplay itself is kind of 'meh' as I had too much to do and couldn't focus on tightening up every little aspect.

So it's kind of a mish-mash of a lot of ideas I've had over the past few months. It even has a rickety old bridge! Anyway, some pictures to whet your penis appetite?

APhoto5.jpg

APhoto4.jpg

APhoto7.jpg

APhoto6.jpg

APhoto2.jpg

APhoto1.jpg

APhoto8.jpg

APhoto9.jpg

You may notice some bugs, some areas that are bland and whatnot. This is because I maxed out the thermometer way earlier than I expected. I did everything I could to optimize it but that's as good as can get it. That's also why the cart bit is so short. It was meant to be waaay longer, but alas..no thermometer space :(

Have fun! I think by typing all this I've hyped it up too much..don't go in expecting greatness, it hasn't reached my personal gold standard! :D

SToRM

I just published my first level! :D

Moonlander Challenge V1
by: NL_SToRM
where: Europe

Moonlander.jpg

The level revolves around little spaceships called Moonlanders. You will have to do 4 different tasks with them in the final version, but the version that is currently up only includes the training area and the first challenge.
The first challenge is a time-based 3 lap race. After these 3 laps have been done, a door to the finish will open. There is also a little bonus if you finish the race.
I will update the level soon with more challenges and I'm also creating/testing other ships for better handling.

just wanted to give you guys a peek at what Iam planing
I like to draw to relax, I have been think about some level idea's

file0056.jpg

file0054.jpg

been working on a update of my zelda level so idk how long it befor you see any of this in a level

NeoUltima

So I officially published my level last week, but have been editing it constantly. I hope it is up to GAF's standards now. The level is called "Vampire Killer X". I think by the title you can figure out what it is about(journey into and through Dracula's Castle and slay him to save 'Sacksylvania'). It's not the most revolutionary/original level. But I like to think it does what it does well. The level is currently on Cool Page 2, located in Europe. Here are 2 pics(should have taken more, sorry):
1znrhjd.jpg

akinhx.jpg

Hope you all enjoy if you play. Don't hesitate to PM if you have some feedback, I am constantly editing the level to make it better.

noah111

Still Alive
jump_button said:
just wanted to give you guys a peek at what Iam planing
I like to draw to relax, I have been think about some level idea's

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8823/file0056.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1346/file0054.jpg[IMG]

been working on a update of my zelda level so idk how long it befor you see any of this in a level[/QUOTE]
I love the nightmare before christmas type of style, you're a true artist by the way. :D

MNC

Didn't know in which of the LBP topic this goes:

Is there any way for some timer to kick in and if that runs out, make a switch work?
Thing I'm trying: Sackboy is stuck somewhere. Door doesn't open until after timer runs out. How can I substitute this effect? Much appreciated.

Ranger X

MNC said:
Didn't know in which of the LBP topic this goes:

Is there any way for some timer to kick in and if that runs out, make a switch work?
Thing I'm trying: Sackboy is stuck somewhere. Door doesn't open until after timer runs out. How can I substitute this effect? Much appreciated.

You can have a piston slowly pushing a mag key into the range of a mag switch that would open the door. The time the piston takes to make mag key into range = timer.

And of course you could activate the piston with another switch like a proximity one when sackboy gets stuck.

MNC

Ranger X said:
You can have a piston slowly pushing a mag key into the range of a mag switch that would open the door. The time the piston takes to make mag key into range = timer.

And of course you could activate the piston with another switch like a proximity one when sackboy gets stuck.

Yes! Thank you. It seems I wasn't completely oblivious :lol I was thinking of making a block fall downwards. Thank you very much! :D

Ranger X

Sack's On The Beach 1.0 (PSN: RangerZero)

Welcome to Sack's On The Beach, sequel to Sack's In The City. As its predecessor this is an adventure level aimed at single player. Sackboy is finally on vacation and he ended up in a small village near the beach. But something is going wrong in this place. The citizens are asking Sackboy to help them solve their problems. Sackboy, with his big heart, couldn't say no...

Points in interests:

-Almost freeroaming level. Only one task is mandatory to finish the level.

-Adventure type of level (it seems they are still rare!).

-Multiple different environnements.

-Huge animated boss.

-Day to night cycle while you play

-Some stuff only happens at night.

-The level is having it's own intro room with an optional tutorial.

-Multiple secrets (mainly for score/bubbles)

I hope you have fun playing this. Don't be shy on the feedback. I also have 1 quarter of the thermo left to use (a miracle I tell you) so if you have suggestions for things to add there's more chances I incorporate them.

I will add screenshots later tonight because I can't seem to make them appear here from where they are hosted.

Guys, I have been going through my hearted list replaying many levels. And I just wanted to give a shout out to those levels I'd really enjoyed. Some have been on my hearted list for a long time and I know many are already very well known.

Anyway, in no particular order:

KingSword 1 by VegaFoo
Jungle Jam by El_Beefo
Reading Fun for Kids by XenonHMW
The Secret of Lorio by Munba
Castlequest by Skauskallen
Earthquake evasion by the_Killian
Pirate Tales by ThePred
Razhotep Tomb by aer0blue
Happy Farm by NekooGuy
Lost Tomb of Anubis by Natture
Dragon Master by Jonopus
Platformer Pandemonium by Korghano

Some of the above creators like El_Beefo, Munba, the_Killian and Korghano have only made 1 or 2 levels, which is a real shame, it would be good to see more from them.

I'd also like to give a shout out to the NeoGAF creators that make the two LBP threads such a joy.

Jaeyden
RangerZero aka Ranger X
Jump_Button
Snowflakecat aka Kittel
gevurah22 aka donkey show

Please keep up the good work, your levels are great and I always enjoy showing them off to people.

I have a long backlog of levels that I need to play. For anyone that is new to LBP, here is where I go beside this thread to hear about good levels:

http://lbpreviews.blogspot.com/
http://www.mediamolecule.com/tag/mmpicks/
http://www.lbpforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4
http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/index.php
http://www.youtube.com/user/littlebigplanet?blend=1&ob=4

To find all the Mm picks quickly you can search for a level called LittleXim by LittleXim

You can also visit my Hearted Levels list. My PSN is NickLaslett. I have one very simple level that I have created called Kid's Easy Fun - Beginner, made for my two children. It does not hold a candle to the levels mentioned above, but hopefully works well for non-gamers.

^ Thanks a lot man!

Anyway, new level...

LBP @ Comic-con 2009 by gevurah22 (me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoZLCPU9i2w

comicconlevel05.jpg

This is my attempt to recreate my experience at Comic-con this year after working at the Sony booth. Nothing special in regards to gameplay, but I thought it'd be a good testing ground to mess with bakscratch's layer glitch. I also added some stuff we actually made @ Comic-con with other users. Hope y'all enjoy this rather short, but interesting level!

It's located in San Diego.

Hope y'all like it!

goonergaz

woot - my account is finally working!! :)

What great news that water is coming to LBP!!

http://www.mediamolecule.com/2009/08/

Also, my PSN is goonergaz, please check out my levels!

Hunchsack - it started out as a homage to the old hunchback game but I took it further...into the castle where a few challanges await your sackboy!

I also have other levels which I'd love you to check out, I've made a maze where on completion you get the parts so you can easily make your own mazes "The Crytsal Maze". I also made a couple of levels (one a 2-4 player only) which is based on shooting a ball into targets.

Anyway - please check my stuff out, it's not as pretty as others but we need to walk before we can run!! :D

TuxBobble

goonergaz said:
woot - my account is finally working!! :)

What great news that water is coming to LBP!!

http://www.mediamolecule.com/2009/08/

Also, my PSN is goonergaz, please check out my levels!

Hunchsack - it started out as a homage to the old hunchback game but I took it further...into the castle where a few challanges await your sackboy!

I also have other levels which I'd love you to check out, I've made a maze where on completion you get the parts so you can easily make your own mazes "The Crytsal Maze". I also made a couple of levels (one a 2-4 player only) which is based on shooting a ball into targets.

Anyway - please check my stuff out, it's not as pretty as others but we need to walk before we can run!! :D

I'll check out your levels today or tomorrow, goonegraz. Feel free to check out one or two of mine! (TuxBobble--The Rock, Everest) And yea, I just wish water was in it to start--now there are a lot of levels out there with a LOT of hard work done that will require a complete re-tooling to make them work again.

Still, it will keep people like myself interested, so I'm looking forward to it!

Ranger X

Nick Laslett said:
I'd also like to give a shout out to the NeoGAF creators that make the two LBP threads such a joy.

Jaeyden
RangerZero aka Ranger X
Jump_Button
Snowflakecat aka Kittel
gevurah22 aka donkey show

Please keep up the good work, your levels are great and I always enjoy showing them off to people.

Effortless my friend. Effortless :)

bovo

I finally got round to finshing a second level and I managed to beat the fantastic start of my last level by only getting 1 play in the first 12 hours...

So if anyone wants to have a look, it's called Sackboy and the Lighthouse, PSN: bovo, LBP Location: near UK

214zh5f.jpg

2n0sh8j.jpg

3580uc3.jpg

I can understand if it doesn't get hearts (its fairly easy, but my 3.5 year old likes playing it) but I wouldn't mind at least a couple of plays before it disappears forever!

xinoart

Banned
I really hate to lower myself to these levels, but after several months of non-luck I'm desperate. Heh. Can someone please heart & play my levels and heart me? My username on GAF is the same as on PSN. They aren't really levels since I'm still working on the Indy level currently. Basically you just enter the level and land directly on the goal. They do help for reaching the Share trophy for other users though so you can get at least a little dent in the 200 levels you need to play. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone needs some hearts or something like that, shoot me a PM. I'll gladly help anyone.

Hopefully this post won't piss off too many people. :p

Ranger X

xinoart said:
I really hate to lower myself to these levels, but after several months of non-luck I'm desperate. Heh. Can someone please heart & play my levels and heart me? My username on GAF is the same as on PSN. They aren't really levels since I'm still working on the Indy level currently. Basically you just enter the level and land directly on the goal. They do help for reaching the Share trophy for other users though so you can get at least a little dent in the 200 levels you need to play. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone needs some hearts or something like that, shoot me a PM. I'll gladly help anyone.

Hopefully this post won't piss off too many people. :p

You realise you're desperate to get a trophy right? :lol

Think about it... a trophy... what's more? in a videogame. Think about it. :lol :lol

Top Bottom