• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Lone Ranger (2013) is secretly the greatest movie ever made.(Long, rambling rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The last half hour of the movie? One of the greatest pieces of live action film Disney has delivered.

Everything before that? Very poor.

That last sequence was where ILM's work really shined. Assuming you even noticed! Though I guess not noticing would be even more indicative.

Toa TAK

Banned
The Lone Ranger was a fantastic watch. I went in fully expecting it to be the worst thing ever, but I ended up loving it. Great adventure film and enough cannot be said about the finale, just awesome.

Gore Verbinski is a funny director, I'm always interested and watching whatever he makes. Loved Mouse Hunt as a kid as well.

WillyFive

That last sequence was where ILM's work really shined. Assuming you even noticed! Though I guess not noticing would be even more indicative.

It was fantastic. Only shot that seemed kinda funky was when Silver jumped into the lower car as the train entered the cave; but everything else was sublime. How involved were you in the movie?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It was fantastic. Only shot that seemed kinda funky was when Silver jumped into the lower car as the train entered the cave; but everything else was sublime. How involved were you in the movie?

Not a whole lot. But I at least got an unofficial credit out of it.

I really liked The Lone Ranger and was surprised at how badly it was received. It's like reviewers banded together to make sure it would fail or something

R-User!

Thank you Lionel, you convinced this fence walker that this film should be seen! Will be picking up the Blu-Ray during the holidays for $10 bucks! :)

Also, The Lone Ranger LEGO sets were all really nice, with the standouts being Silver Mine Shootout, Constitution Train, and the Stagecoach (though I like all 6 sets)!

What about that track that was playing while John was trying to rescue his brother :(

This and inception are zimmers best soundtracks since at least the early 00s

Rokam

Because of this thread I went and watched it. Thank you OP. A little too long, but other than that fun film.

Klyka

Banned
Watched the movie thanks to this thread. Was not disappointed. Both train action scenes at start and finish of the movie were absolutely fantastic.

Raptor

Every movie ever should have a sequence with acompanying music liek the last sequence of this movie.

Breathtaking shit rigth there, chill inducing, goosebumps all over the fucking place.

Even if it was not "that" espectacular perse as in say scale wise or something, I can only imagine a starwars last sequence designed like this that last half an hour, I could fucking melt right there in pure cum!

SummitAve

Banned
I felt it was surprisingly nuanced for a big budget action remake. It got piled on for all the wrong reasons.

Local movie guy's critique that I enjoy
Negative reviews and my impulse to “take it easy” led me to not think of taking notes during the screening, and I didn’t write anything in the immediate days following. But, if my memory of details are hazy, I can’t shake The Lone Ranger from my mind. What I saw was a reckless adventure that courts derision, an imperfect, offbeat, and longish Western — and really a true Western more than an amusement park blockbuster — about how the mythologies of America and American entertainment intertwine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom