• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE LOOKER - A Fantastic "The Witness" Parody Game with Creative Puzzles & Excellent Gags

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Looker is a fantastic little parody of Johnathan Blow’s The Witness, with some surprisingly creative puzzles and excellent gags.

In The Looker you find yourself on a mysterious low poly island filled with signs containing The Witness-esque puzzles. In each puzzle you need to draw a line from the Start to the End. This is fairly simple initially, but as you progress things get a little more creative and you have to start thinking outside of the box (figuratively and literally). You’ll also be able to find some fun voice recordings and if you get stuck you can always ask a friendly Hint sign (though the helpfulness of their advice may vary!)

The Looker is clearly a tongue-in-cheek parody of The Witness, but it’s still an excellent game in its own right. It’s got some very inventive puzzle design, some fun twists, lots of laugh-out-loud gags and the voice acting is superb (particularly the rusty Hint sign). A perfect little game if you’re hankering for a bit of The Witness style puzzling and a good laugh. Highly recommended.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
This actually inspired me to finally play The Witness. So far it's doing a good job of making me feel stupid.

Kuranghi

The Witness is amazing, one of the best games ever for me. I found the big secret to be mindblowingly awesome.

This parody uhhhh... I won't be too harsh but that "comedy" is not for me, I didnt find a single second of it funny and I'm even really stoned right now, not a good sign haha. I get the game being an interesting parody, it looks well made/done, but as what I said above along with that.

No one said in the replies yet, but did anyone actually find any of the dialogue funny? 😬

This actually inspired me to finally play The Witness. So far it's doing a good job of making me feel stupid.

I love this game so much and did everything in it, if you feel you're totally stuck (I mean, you can always move on but its good to do the basics around the starting castle thingie to get used to how the game works) then PM me with a screenshot and I'll give you a vague hint of how to proceed/deal with that puzzle type. I could probably just give you a couple general tips and it'll help a lot too.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I found the big secret to be mindblowingly awesome.

GIF by REVOLT TV

Lmao wat.

Anyway, the looker was pretty funny. Finished it in one go.

Top Bottom