• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Loud House |OT| The Most Full House

Attention Deficit was really fun. The McBride's are great characters and Clyde's home life is a great way to contrast with Lincoln and his parents. I love the gags about the real meat.

Save the Date was also a good episode, and it is one of the best currently. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about Ronnie Anne at the moment. I felt that she really didn't stand out that much personality wise, especially due to the fact the bullying aspect was downplayed to get the two together.

As for the meddling, I don't mind that she didn't call Lincoln out on it as she was pretty much focused on getting Bobby back and wasn't paying much attention to Lincoln until he messed up. As for Clyde not being aware of Ronnie Anne's note, I'm thinking they want to save that reveal for a future episode or something. Probably dealing with Lincoln trying to balance hanging out with his best friend and his girlfriend.

Neoxon

Attention Deficit was really fun. The McBride's are great characters and Clyde's home life is a great way to contrast with Lincoln and his parents. I love the gags about the real meat.

Save the Date was also a good episode, and it is one of the best currently. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about Ronnie Anne at the moment. I felt that she really didn't stand out that much personality wise, especially due to the fact the bullying aspect was downplayed to get the two together.

As for the meddling, I don't mind that she didn't call Lincoln out on it as she was pretty much focused on getting Bobby back and wasn't paying much attention to Lincoln until he messed up. As for Clyde not being aware of Ronnie Anne's note, I'm thinking they want to save that reveal for a future episode or something. Probably dealing with Lincoln trying to balance hanging out with his best friend and his girlfriend.
Looking at the episode list for the rest of Season 1, I'm not sure if any of them will follow up on Clyde not knowing about the note, as much as I would love for that to be the case (seeing as the show does a decent job with maintaining its own continuity). The only episode I can see Ronnie Anne coming back into the equation is the Sadie Hawkins Dance episode.

Speaking of which, Ronnie Anne was voiced by Breanna Yde (whose work I'm not very familiar with).

Neoxon

I'm so glad this show is blowing up in popularity.
The show got renewed pretty quickly. But yeah, I'm also glad that it caught on. It's always a shame when great shows get cut down at the prime of their youth (like Megas XLR, which I still believe was ahead of its time).

Neoxon

I think I may have noticed something that may be a big spoiler for the rest of Season 1.

This pertains to two episodes in particular. One is where Lincoln & Bobby end up becoming friends, & the jealous Lori starts hanging with Clyde as revenge. The other is near the end of the first season where all of the sisters start hitting on Lincoln's new tutor. Unless the 2nd mentioned episode is referring to everyone but Lori, this may imply that Lori & Bobby may break up for real in the first episode that I mentioned. If this pans out, we may still see Bobby via Ronnie Anne, though this would be quite the status quo change early on in the series.

Neoxon

I have a metric shit-ton of reviews to write, which I'll get to later this week (my laptop just got back from repair, last Sunday).

I think I may have noticed something that may be a big spoiler for the rest of Season 1.

This pertains to two episodes in particular. One is where Lincoln & Bobby end up becoming friends, & the jealous Lori starts hanging with Clyde as revenge. The other is near the end of the first season where all of the sisters start hitting on Lincoln's new tutor. Unless the 2nd mentioned episode is referring to everyone but Lori, this may imply that Lori & Bobby may break up for real in the first episode that I mentioned. If this pans out, we may still see Bobby via Ronnie Anne, though this would be quite the status quo change early on in the series.

I can't really remember where I read the quote, but the creators mentioned that each episode can be viewed as it's own self contained universe.

I have a metric shit-ton of reviews to write, which I'll get to later this week (my laptop just got back from repair, last Sunday).

I'll go ahead and do mine now.

Come Sale Away:

This and Girl Guru were best episodes shown this week. The comedic timing of this episode was great and the free for all at the middle was the best part. Of course, the heart comes in towards the end when they all
search for Lily's blanket.
Another episode where the family's relationship was explored better. Good stuff.

Lincoln Loud: Girl Guru:

The set up of this episode was a unique one, but it worked for the build up. Kind of got hit up with a double whammy of lessons in this one. I especially liked the fact that, when the
guys asked the girls out regular, the girls were fine with them, It was only when the guys started trying to hard, when the girls rejected them.

Roughin' It:

This episode itself was alright, but the fact that it challenged the idea of traditional masculinity is what pushes it over a bit more for me.

The Waiting Game:

A few decent gags in the episode, but this is one of those Lincoln focused episodes that I don't like. One where it feels like he should learn the lesson sooner, but doesn't. somewhat similar to the Limo Episode.

The Loudest Yard:

Most surprising thing about this episode was that we saw Daddy Loud's eyes. This was a weird episode. It felt incomplete for some reason. I don't know. It just didn't pull me in.

Neoxon

Lincoln has been recast, & he'll now be voiced by Collin Dean from Episode 23 onwards. The word going around is that the old VA, Grant Palmer, hit puberty. That said, Collin comes pretty damn close to Grant's performance, to the point where you can only notice the difference with certain lines.

Don't worry about the reviews though, they're still coming.

Neoxon

Okay, I'm finally doing it, the reviews for both weeks' worth of episodes. But just to get it out of the way, I felt like Week 2 had the better string of episodes than Week 1. Either way, on with the reviews.

WEEK 1
  • Come Sale Away: It was a solid episode, but I'm not sure why I didn't like it as much as ArgyleReptile did. I mean, it did tackle the idea of the family's competitive nature (which was set up in previous episodes) in a neat way. But at the same time, while I didn't expect to see the entire family take the selling to that extreme (I only expected Lincoln & Clyde to do it), the idea of selling the stuff in the house was a neat twist. Overall, I liked this episode, but I didn't love it. Though I will give props to the Styx reference in the episode's title.
  • Lincoln Loud: Girl Guru: I was expecting more from this episode than what I got, but it was still enjoyable. But I still think that Lincoln should have thought about each guy's question more rather than just randomly plopping situations from his sisters on random guys (or at the very least, use generic things that apply to all 10 of his sisters). In short, Lincoln squandered the potential to print money big-time.
  • Roughin' It: I felt like Clyde's character was on the upswing since the sleepover episode, & this episode continued that trend. Not only did it tackle the idea of stereotypical masculinity, but the episode resolved itself in a way that I honestly didn't expect but made complete sense given what was set up in the episode (which is a plus, considering most of the resolutions were just satisfying). Overall, this was my favorite episode of Week 1 of the September Blitz.
  • The Waiting Game: This was an episode that took a different turn than I expected (I was thinking that this would be how Lincoln & Clyde would handle Lori being at the arcade based on the episode's description). That's not to say that this episode was bad, I just was expecting something else. But for what it was, it was a decent (albeit predicable) episode based on what was presented.
  • The Loudest Yard: I still think that Lincoln could have avoided the situation at the end with more careful planning, but I still got a kick out of this one. Though I will say this, Lincoln's solution for reading comics while working out with his mom was a bit...........yeeeaaaaah.
WEEK 2
  • Dance Dance Resolution: I'm starting to notice a trend that the Ronnie Anne episodes seem to be the strongest. I'm not sure if it's because I enjoy her character or if the writers are doing a fantastic job with her involved......or both. Either way, it's a unique situation that's resolved in a nice (though somewhat predictable) way. Plus we get a bit more exposition concerning Lincoln's circle of friends. And considering that Lincoln's supposed to be dating Ronnie Anne in secret, he's not doing a good job of keeping it under wraps. I'd rank this as my 2nd favorite episode of the two-week streak.
  • A Fair to Remember: This was one of the episodes that I was looking forward to, & it mostly delivered. I'm somehow not surprised that Clyde was unconscious for most of the "date" with Lori, seeing as him passing out around her was set up throughout the season. I do hope to see Lincoln & Bobby interact more in the future, more so since both fill each other's void of not having a brother (which was a great thing for this episode to tackle). This is probably in 3rd concerning these string of episodes.
  • A Tattler's Tale: To address the elephant in the room, this was the first aired episode with the 3rd Lincoln voice actor thus far (Collin Dean). For what it's worth, he came relatively close to Grant Palmer's performance up to this point. That aside, the episode was pretty good, as it did tackle a part of Lola's character that was teased in the one episode where she was practicing to be a hall monitor (I guess it shows the surprising amount of continuity that this show has).
  • Homespun: Another Collin Dean-voiced episode, but his performance here was a bit flat in an attempt to imitate Grant Palmer's performance (despite this being the 3rd episode in the listing order that he's done). As for the episode itself, it was alright, especially in that it gave us some exposition on what happened previously involving the house (namely in how Bobby's first visit to the house went).
  • April Fools Rules: For someone who's voiced by Silvia from Viewtiful Joe, Luan is a psychopath on April Fool's Day. This was by far my favorite episode of the September Blitz, & I'm not sure if it's because of Luan's pranks or
    the way Ronnie Anne resolved the whole thing.
    Even Clyde has his moment to shine in the episode in a way that I expected from him (in a good way). Also, this was probably the best look we've had at Mommy & Daddy Loud (despite them being armored up for the apocalypse). This episode was definitely a home run. But as with Come Sale Away, props have to be given to Luna for the Santana reference she made. And another thing, seeing as this was Episode 18A in the listing, I guess Clyde was brought in on Lincoln & Ronnie Anne being a thing after the events of Episode 15.

[/LIST]
WEEK 2
  • Dance Dance Resolution: I'm starting to notice a trend that the Ronnie Anne episodes seem to be the strongest. I'm not sure if it's because I enjoy her character or if the writers are doing a fantastic job with her involved......or both. Either way, it's a unique situation that's resolved in a nice (though somewhat predictable) way. Plus we get a bit more exposition concerning Lincoln's circle of friends. And considering that Lincoln's supposed to be dating Ronnie Anne in secret, he's not doing a good job of keeping it under wraps. I'd rank this as my 2nd favorite episode of the two-week streak.
  • A Fair to Remember: This was one of the episodes that I was looking forward to, & it mostly delivered. I'm somehow not surprised that Clyde was unconscious for most of the "date" with Lori, seeing as him passing out around her was set up throughout the season. I do hope to see Lincoln & Bobby interact more in the future, more so since both fill each other's void of not having a brother (which was a great thing for this episode to tackle). This is probably in 3rd concerning these string of episodes.
  • A Tattler's Tale: To address the elephant in the room, this was the first aired episode with the 3rd Lincoln voice actor thus far (Collin Dean). For what it's worth, he came relatively close to Grant Palmer's performance up to this point. That aside, the episode was pretty good, as it did tackle a part of Lola's character that was teased in the one episode where she was practicing to be a hall monitor (I guess it shows the surprising amount of continuity that this show has).
  • Homespun: Another Collin Dean-voiced episode, but his performance here was a bit flat in an attempt to imitate Grant Palmer's performance (despite this being the 3rd episode in the listing order that he's done). As for the episode itself, it was alright, especially in that it gave us some exposition on what happened previously involving the house (namely in how Bobby's first visit to the house went).
  • April Fools Rules: For someone who's voiced by Silvia from Viewtiful Joe, Luan is a psychopath on April Fool's Day. This was by far my favorite episode of the September Blitz, & I'm not sure if it's because of Luan's pranks or
    the way Ronnie Anne resolved the whole thing.
    Even Clyde has his moment to shine in the episode in a way that I expected from him (in a good way). Also, this was probably the best look we've had at Mommy & Daddy Loud (despite them being armored up for the apocalypse). This episode was definitely a home run. But as with Come Sale Away, props have to be given to Luna for the Santana reference she made. And another thing, seeing as this was Episode 18A in the listing, I guess Clyde was brought in on Lincoln & Ronnie Anne being a thing after the events of Episode 15.

Dance Dance Resolution
I found this to be a pretty fun episode as well. Learning more about the Sister's group of friends was one of the more interesting parts of the show. The Ronnie Anne situation was pretty obvious from the start and she didn't really have much to do until the reveal at the end, so I'm a bit neutral to her appearance.

A Fair to Remember
Yeah, this was a pretty great episode. A ton of good gags in it. Lori and Bobby stole the show for me. Lori, for her slapsticky situations she'd get into using the passed out Clyde, and Bobby, for his personality and the fact that he's just a funny character. For his first "major" episode, he really got a lot of good stuff.

Tattler's Tale
Since it involved Lola, this is probably my second favorite episode from these last two weeks. I thought it was a good expanding of Lola's character, introducing the consequences of the type of character she is.

Homespun
Pretty flat episode. Didn't really grab me. Not much I really want to add.

April's Fools Rules
Hell yeah, best episode of the past two weeks and my new favorite episode of these series in general. Luan is my favorite character and I've been waiting for her to get her own focused episode, and boy did this episode deliver in spades. This chick is totally insane and I freaking love it. The show initially played up her jokes as little tiny goofs she'd do before, but this episode turned that shit up to 20 and made her straight up cruel. It was fantastic. Everyone prepping to go again Luan for the day, including the parents, was just straight hilarious. So yeah, best episode of the show currently. Also, Luna made a Rolling Stones reference in this as well.

Neoxon

April's Fools Rules
Hell yeah, best episode of the past two weeks and my new favorite episode of the series in general. Luan is my favorite character and I've been waiting for her to get her own focused episode, and boy did this episode deliver in spades. This chick is totally insane and I freaking love it. The show initially played up her jokes as little tiny goofs she'd do before, but this episode turned that shit up to 20 and made her straight up cruel. It was fantastic. Everyone prepping to go against Luan for the day, including the parents, was just straight hilarious. So yeah, best episode of the show currently. Also, Luna made a Rolling Stones reference in this as well.
The best part is that we already got a snippet of Luan's insanity earlier in the series in the rainy day episode when she finally cracked & gave into her tendency to make jokes. It was right then that I knew that a storm was coming.

Also, what was the Rolling Stones reference? I feel like I should have noticed it.

Dance Dance Revolution is probably my favorite episode of the show so far. Clyde showing how much of a bro he is and Lincoln trying to survive the crazy date situation he had gotten himself into.

PSqueak

Banned
Is it weird of me that it bothered me to see the Great Mazinger doll on Lincoln's room in episode one was changed into a generic robot doll for all episodes after?

Neoxon

Is it weird of me that it bothered me to see the Great Mazinger doll on Lincoln's room in episode one was changed into a generic robot doll for all episodes after?
Maybe they wanted to avoid getting sued by Toei Animation. But even then, I would have put a Jenny Wakeman/XJ-9 figure in Great Mazinger's place.

Odoul

Pretty decent show.

Lola is clearly the best character on the show.

Oh and
30709802590_d68352e0d5_b.jpg

I see how you roll cartoonists!

Odoul

Clyde
finally gets a win!

I wonder if the next season they're going to drop hiding the parents faces gimmick entirely now.

Kind of cool when a series gradually loses cliches/limitations over time.

K.N.D did it. But that show was pretty ahead of it's time.

Psxphile

^ Originally Fairly Oddparents did the "only from the neck down" thing too early on but dropped it like a rock in later seasons.

Didn't know there was an OT. I'm not anywhere near caught up so you won't see me much in here but from the scattered episodes I've seen it's been pretty good.

It's okay.

I don't like the episodes that focus on Lincoln and/or Clyde, because I feel like they ignore the show's unique selling point by minimizing the role of it's huge female cast.

The perfect example is that this show, somehow, has the generic "boys go on a camping trip to become more manly" episode that all of these shows have and, instead of the writers going "Oh man, let's put a twist on this by having the girls go on the trip instead of the boys!" they just send Lincoln and Clyde out to get attacked by moose and bears and shit. They have lots of opportunities to shake up gender roles, but they tend to play it straight more often than not.

The reality is that this is still a show where the typical viewer is expected to be a boy who identifies only with Lincoln, and that bugs me a lot.

e_i

Been watching the show. Lincoln and Clyde's friendship is very sweet. Nice to see the LBGT community represented with Clyde's parents and with...

L is for Love

So
Luna
loves
Sam.
I saw that coming, and with her siblings fully behind her (and they know who her crush is). What a positive, loving family.

Top Bottom