• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Maid Uniform & Machine Gun (PS2) New Screens

ronito

It's got a maid uniform and machine guns. Sorta like Snakes on a Plane...but with a maid uniform....and machine guns.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
So the "simple" in Simple Series 2000 actually refers to the graphics? Cause that looks PS-esque. At least they're honest! :lol

Looks real cute though! Maid power! We're not pushovers!

duckroll

This is going to be pretty cool, I don't care what Famitsu says. Jiji recently uploaded a trailer I found of it on youtube too, looks pretty damn good.

The plot is hilarious, it's about an android maid from the future who goes back in to time to protect her creator when he was a young boy because some evil organization sent an evil maid back into time to lead a robot army to kill him before he can grow up to the be the threat he is.

Maid Style is basically a set of maid shit you can do like sweep the floor, or pose, and so on and you get points for it, all the while killing enemies.

Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBmMFkafnIw

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
duckroll said:
This is going to be pretty cool, I don't care what Famitsu says. Jiji recently uploaded a trailer I found of it on youtube too, looks pretty damn good.

The plot is hilarious, it's about an android maid from the future who goes back in to time to protect her creator when he was a young boy because some evil organization sent an evil maid back into time to lead a robot army to kill him before he can grow up to the be the threat he is.

Maid Style is basically a set of maid shit you can do like sweep the floor, or pose, and so on and you get points for it, all the while killing enemies.

Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBmMFkafnIw

I want it! :(

Paging Vic Ireland.... bring this game to the US under the title "Devil Maid Cry." Thank you.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Some pics for the lazy:

lgemaid03ft5.jpg

lgemaid06ta2.jpg

lgemaid08tz5.jpg

:D

Who says game stories can't be great?!

It's like Terminator with Robo-Estrogen!

Devil Maid Cry:lol :lol :lol

The plot reminds me of Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden. Is this the game to go along with the anime? I agree with the poster aboves. DMC + maid = WIN.

FredFish

The youtube video Duckroll linked is fantastic. There's a bit about half way through where the Maid suddenly stops her carnage, whips out a broom and sweeps a bit. Thank god for Japan. The world would be a much less interesting place without it.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
duckroll said:
This is going to be pretty cool, I don't care what Famitsu says.

What did they say anyway? I don't exactly trust Famitsu to 100 % but...
The Maid and Machine Gun (PS2) - 4/4/3/5 (16/40)

that's a low score. :lol
Looks kind of charming in the video though, but I dunno...:/

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Okay, so I picked this game up today. Figured I couldn't go wrong for 1800 yen. Right?

WRONG!!
180px-Lex-luthor1.jpg

This game is an awful, AWFUL third person action game.
You run around bland stages, devoid of any kind of life or detail, fighting various kinds of robots, who seem to have no A.I. whatsoever, and stand there and let you shoot them. Camera angles are also fixed, Resident Evil-style, but they don't seem to affect game play, since every time you go to a new segment of the stage, it changes for the duration of that play time. In other words, stages aren't free-roaming, but extremely linear; you walk from one part of the stage to another, then barriers pop up, enemies appear, you kill them, repeat. While shooting is okay since there's a lock-on button, your sword feels sluggish. And did I mention that when you run out of bullets, you seem to be screwed against the bosses? I didn't have enough to beat the first boss, and the sword didn't seem to work on it, so I just quit. On a positive note, it seems to be going at a steady 60fps, but then when the game looks like a Playstation ONE title, that shouldnt be too hard. The music is also quite awful; it's the same BGM from the youtube trailer posted earlier.

This crap is getting sold off tomorrow. Avoid. And I wanted to like this too, I really did. :(

Ah well, at least Melty Blood seems cool, and it's got maids, too.

Lyte Edge

Outcast2004 said:
What the hell do you expect for less than $20?

The odds are that it's going to suck ass.

Budget pricing doesn't always mean crap. The bit generations games are a good example of this. Bomberman Act Zero is also good for $23.

Lyte Edge

Finaika said:
How is Melty Blood btw? Any good?

Yeah, seems pretty cool! I won't really get a chance to play it in-depth until later tonight or tomorow though.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Lyte Edge said:
Yeah, seems pretty cool! I won't really get a chance to play it in-depth until later tonight or tomorow though.
If it's like the arcade version more than the PC version, then I have hope for it.

Lyte Edge

icecream said:
If it's like the arcade version more than the PC version, then I have hope for it.

AFAIK It's a port of the arcade version with two more characters.

icecream

Public Health Threat
That's good to hear. All I remember is playing it on the PC for a couple months and trying it at the arcades only to get owned by some High Schooler :(

Top Bottom