• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Making Of Uncharted 4 - Pushing Technical Boundaries Part 2 (gameplay)

Love the nuances of the melee system depending on which weapon Drake is carrying. This also applies for when Drake is fighting unarmed, which means that the weapons are no longer disappearing (or to a lesser extent) when you initiate a HTH encounter. This was something quite disturbing in the previous Uncharted, and some games are still doing this.

So Drake is pretty much a master weapons thief lol. Every other snippet he's stealing someone else's gun.

U4pulldown.gif

I also love the lighting and color palette of Madagascar. Speaking of which, it's odd to see these jaw-dropping sequences mixed with footage of older builds, especially the PSX demo which looks very 'bland' in comparison. Moreover, we already know that Naughty Dog revamped the overall tone of certain levels, so I don't understand. The jungle from the PSX demo looks a lot warmer now based on what we have from the Story Trailer. The same applies to Madagascar in the E3 demo. [cf. the lemur scene]

Another oddity is that they successively put a clip showcasing the amazing interaction with mud, then a clip from the E3 demo where the splash effect of the jeep moving on the water is missing.

That being said, I'm ready to spend another
70-80 hours
on Uncharted 4's single player campaign like I did with their 3 last games.

Those new Eastern-European/Russian environments look beautiful.

Correction:
Scotland actually!

Are we going to get this ? Are we going to get this ? Are we going to get this ?

I'll be right back, I'm trying to picture myself playing this level with the quad.

Ellie23c1b.gif

Oh, nice. ~

I think you're on to something.

I'm not alone! Yay!

But seriously, I hope that the Red Dead sequel blows me away too.

I just feel upset by the inevitability that Naughty Dog will work on a TLoU sequel next.

I feel like a Western by them is my personal dream, but there's just so many things they could do amazingly in a new IP.

Damn had my hopes up =(

No that was a cool trailer but definately not the one i saw last night...

Even though it says "theatrical trailer" its not the one i watched (despite watching it in the theater!!)

Ahh, interesting. Now I'm also intrigued and curious to watch it.

I'm not alone! Yay!

But seriously, I hope that the Red Dead sequel blows me away too.

I just feel upset by the inevitability that Naughty Dog will work on a TLoU sequel next.

I feel like a Western by them is my personal dream, but there's just so many things they could do amazingly in a new IP.

It's probably the U4 story DLC they're working on atm... similar to Left Behind, as well as kicking off production on their next title. Could be TLOU2, could be Savage Starlight... Who knows :p

So "In the End" is the last part of this making of series. I'm currently re-watching Grounded : The making of The Last of Us, so I hope that Uncharted 4 will feature something similar under its bonuses section. I'm looking forward to hearing the actors' thoughts on specific scenes, getting glimpses of the performance capture, and a little part dedicated to the soundtrack.

Top Bottom