• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mandalorian sizzle reel from the Star Wars Celebration

“A character you’ve never met before in a period of time you’ve never seen.”

I mean on paper that sounds like exactly what they need to be doing, right?

Optimistic?

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
“A character you’ve never met before in a period of time you’ve never seen.”

I mean on paper that sounds like exactly what they need to be doing, right?

Optimistic?

Well, he's essentially Not Boba Fett. Bounty hunter of few words, Mandalorian armor, jet pack.

It's looking like one of the better prospects out of D-Lucasfilm so far, though, mainly through the opportunity to flesh out this post-RotJ time period.

JimiNutz

Banned
Looks high budget/quality and the Mandalorian are one of the more interesting aspects of the Star Wars lore. This actually looks pretty decent and I trust in both Favreau and Filoni to deliver something worth watching.

Last edited:

Sybrix

This actually looks really good

Really hope the story holds up well

The problem with the Marvel TV shows is the stories were too weak and uninteresting which is why they failed, really hope this holds up.

dan76

Yikes, that looks fantastic. Whoever cast Werner Herzog as an ex Imperial can have a drink on me. IG-88, Carl Weathers and the fact that it's set 5 years after RotJ means I'm all in. Looks like it's aimed towards a more adult audience from the trailer.

Wasn't interested in this and forgot all about it but it looks better than Episode IX.

Edit: it's worth watching the panel live stream for footage of them filming the model spaceship.

Last edited:

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
More of this Star Wars, no more Skywalkers please!

Let this show be its own thing, reside by having no touch to anything related to the movies

Also great fucking move to not release all Episodes on Disney+ at one time ala Netflix or Amazon Prime
You know people will binge watch the shit out of it, miss most of the story, and complain not enough of everything.

I hope this becomes the Star Wars GoT style weekly episodic thing you need to watch

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
My only concern is that with tv shows theres a tendency to make drama filler for the sake of it as it goes on.

But if they can stick with the core premise of bounty hunting as much as possible it can be good.

Kadayi

Banned
Saw this earlier on and I have to say I was quite impressed. Not enough to even consider touching Disney ploose, but still looks half decent, and I like Pedro Pascal and Gina Carano, even if her acting isn't always up to much.

The Snake

This is gonna be pretty good. The current canon novels that take place around this period paint the galaxy (and especially the Imperial remnants) as being pretty chaotic, so there's a lot of potential there.

Top Bottom