• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Medium Official Reveal with Gameplay

Bullet Club

The Medium is a next-gen psychological horror game, featuring a 'dual' soundtrack by Akira Yamaoka and Arkadiusz Reikowski.

Become a medium living in two worlds: the real and the spirit one. Haunted by a vision of a child’s murder, you travel to an abandoned hotel resort, which years ago became the stage of an unthinkable tragedy. There you begin your search for difficult answers.

Coming Holiday 2020 to PC & Xbox Series X. Stay tuned for the full reveal.

Chittagong

Gold Member
This is my most anticipated game of this webcast. The developer said they are all massive Silent Hill 2 and the game wants to channel that feeling, hence Akira Yamaoka - with a mix of nostalgic and disturbing sounds. Plus it looks absolutely amazing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I liked Layers of Fear which is (I think) the only game of theirs I've played. Liked the massive Silent Hill vibes this game gave off. The fact that it's coming to Game Pass means I'm definitely playing it.

Exentryk

I've played pretty much all of Bloober's games and their games are usually mediocre. Observer is probably their best effort.

Still, this was the most exciting showing from today, so will keep an eye on it.

J3nga

as if silent hill gameplay was any better .. i'd rather play walking simulator then finding the solution for tedious puzzles and checking 50 doors
in the same building .. if the atmosphere and story is good i am in
Silent hill 2 alone is better than all of the Bloober's games combined and multipled by infinity, also Bloober's latest project Blair Witch just awful port in every way.

Last edited:

Keihart

heh looks alright i guess. The cinematics looks pretty tight tho, considering who is developing it that is.

Arachnid

I KNEW that was Akira!

That soundtrack combined with the otherword... I legit thought it was Silent Hill. Anyway, I'm in.

I liked Layers of Fear which is (I think) the only game of theirs I've played. Liked the massive Silent Hill vibes this game gave off. The fact that it's coming to Game Pass means I'm definitely playing it.
F*ck. It's the Layers of Fear devs? I've hated every horror game they've put out. Here's hoping there's actual gameplay beyond walking this time.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
The-Medium_2020_05-07-20_001.png

The-Medium_2020_05-07-20_002.png

The-Medium_2020_05-07-20_003.png

The-Medium_2020_05-07-20_004.png

The-Medium_2020_05-07-20_005.png

The-Medium_2020_05-07-20_006.jpg

The-Medium_2020_05-07-20_007.jpg

The-Medium_2020_05-07-20_008.jpg

The-Medium_2020_05-07-20_009.jpg

The-Medium_2020_05-07-20_010.jpg

makaveli60

I was breathing heavily, thinking this was the rumored Silent Hill sequel, then was a bit let down that it's not and just after that they announced that Akira Yamaoka is working on it. Anyway, it looks like a spiritual sequel and I like what I saw so looking forward to it.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Oh YEAH! I really like Bloober horror games and I loved this reveal trailer. I must have missed it was coming to GP. That's great news and I'm in day 1.

Ascend

I just watched the AC Valhalla "gameplay" trailer and it's the same with this? Where is the gameplay?
Everything after 1:35 is practically gameplay. And there are quite a few things in the whole trailer that seem to be real-time renders, like the hands at 0:10, the face at 0:16, and everything from that point on up to 0:43.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Another stupid walking simulator from Bloober. zero hype in this studio.
Gameplay looks tacky and Yamaoka will just put in random sounds and noise yet again and call it a day. Such a shame.
as if silent hill gameplay was any better .. i'd rather play walking simulator then finding the solution for tedious puzzles and checking 50 doors
in the same building .. if the atmosphere and story is good i am in
giphy.gif

Banned
the game theme feels so interesting

looking forward to play this next year

I'm bit dissapointed about the next gen graphic though, maybe I should wait for two more gen for non-plasticky characters graphics

D.Final

Banned
Let me guess. Akira yamaoka? Nobody would care other wise if they didn't say his name. They made Layers of Fear and Blair Witch. The most mediocre "horror" titles. Enjoy your bootleg Silent Hill game. #NotMySilentHill ...lol

I just find interesting the project

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Microsoft should buy Bloober Team. For a 30 people studio, they are very talented. This already looks way better than Blaire Witch.

Dory16

Banned
Let me guess. Akira yamaoka? Nobody would care other wise if they didn't say his name. They made Layers of Fear and Blair Witch. The most mediocre "horror" titles. Enjoy your bootleg Silent Hill game. #NotMySilentHill ...lol
Blair witch was ok (I personally didn't finish it).

Udb0XPU.jpg

I guess they deserve another chance with The Medium and the trailer was one of the most acclaimed of the show. Should be good.
I want the Ascent, the Medium and a Forza to go with Halo Infinite on day one. Should be enough to get that SX warmed up.
Oh and long live Game Pass

Top Bottom