• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread |OT|

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Soilwork?

Thanks, I already listen to them. I'm thinking I may be best off changing gears a bit since I listen to a lot of melodic death metal. Maybe listening to more won't do it, and something completely different may be the way to go. Been getting into The Browning of late, so maybe going more in that direction would be the way to go.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Listening to a bunch of old school Manowar on my minidisc system atm.

Starting with Kill with Power ... can't go wrong!

Duellist

Thanks, I already listen to them. I'm thinking I may be best off changing gears a bit since I listen to a lot of melodic death metal. Maybe listening to more won't do it, and something completely different may be the way to go. Been getting into The Browning of late, so maybe going more in that direction would be the way to go.

Cool, you into power metal at all?

Duellist

Hopefully people browsing this thread are finding new metal music that they enjoy. Always awesome discovering new kick ass bands. Found out about these guys less than a month ago. Bought their newest cd on the spot. Visigoth Conquers Oath.

Been listening to Jinjer for a few months now and just can't get enough of them. Hugely talented band with the singer, Tatiana, putting most guys' deepest growls to shame. She's gorgeous to boot.

This studio session really picked up their popularity

but this live concert really shows her phenomenal vocals (and the instrument players too). Still makes me go "Holy fuck!" when I hear this.

Last edited:

Jenenser

Shameless plug for the now sadly split up Band of a friend. (in peace, sadly work came in the way for them.)
oldschool stuff mixed with some speed, rock and stoner.

https://deadcityrebelclub.bandcamp.com/releases
Would be cool of you guys to Throw them a bone if you like it. (its a pay what you want model)
or listen trough spotify. :D

I want to show them that people liked their music. :)

btw, what do you guys think of crystal fairys?

can't get enough of this song.

Last edited:

Duellist

King Diamonds songs for the dead dvd + 55" 4k TV + yamaha reciever + Sennheiser HD598 headphones = splooge. Man what a awesome dvd. If your even a bit of a king Diamond fan then you owe it to yourself to pick this up.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Watching this video on a YouTube playlist, I thought it was Uada until I heard Nergal’s voice.

Just shows how consistently relevant and good Behemoth continues to be.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
New In Flames has leaked, officially out tomorrow.

That song is not bad, leaning a little close to bands like Asking Alexandria than I remember them being but who can blame them for wanting to make some money.

The real question is who is the guy in the video and what did they do with their singer.

lock2k

Banned
That song is not bad, leaning a little close to bands like Asking Alexandria than I remember them being but who can blame them for wanting to make some money.

The real question is who is the guy in the video and what did they do with their singer.

It's a swedish actor. Anders is still the vocalist

Dargor

Gonna post this here cuz of the 10 million units sold for Horizon Zero Down, I actually listened to this song for the first time while playing the game, so it stuck with me lol.

Dargor

Quality double post

This is basically the only song I can listen from them, but its ok cuz its a master piece

Angra is good

Vampires suck

Duellist

Quality double post

This is basically the only song I can listen from them, but its ok cuz its a master piece

Angra is good

Vampires suck

Love that bloodborn album. It's a shame that urban breed left. Also that whole sonata arctica album is stellar. Well except that cheesy slow song. Dont understand how you can like full moon but not these 2.
Destruction preventer is phenomenal

Probably my favorite song on the album

Dargor

Love that bloodborn album. It's a shame that urban breed left. Also that whole sonata arctica album is stellar. Well except that cheesy slow song. Dont understand how you can like full moon but not these 2.
Destruction preventer is phenomenal

Probably my favorite song on the album

Its just that its their only song that resonated with me. Almost everything in it works for me, the only part I dislike is when he says "wanna" instead of "want to", it sounds so out of place lol.

Their other songs are ok, they just don't hit me the same way.

And to not lose the opportunity to post some more metal

Doing Castlevania proud since Konami won't

And another one the hits me in a special way

Ok so all you GAF metal heads, have you been to any metal concerts? I have seen Iron Maiden and Tool live and I feel blessed everyday to have seen them. I really, really want to see Arch Enemy and EPICA next.

Duellist

I've been to some lol
Iron Maiden 3 times
Metallica 2 times
Slayer
Judas priest 3 times
Heaven and hell(black sabbath with dio)
Megadeth 3 times
Wasp
Opeth
Behemoth 2 times
Amon Amarth
Sonata Arctica
Anthrax 2 times
Destruction
Testament 2 times
Dream theater
Black Sabbath
Lamb of God
Edguy
Annihilator
Queensryche
Steel Panther
Nevermore
Motley crue
Pantera
Goatwhore
The Iron Maidens
Skid Row
Sebastian Bach
Exodus
Striker

That's all i can remember. Probably forgot some. I've also seen a ton more lesser known bands too.

Edit: Suicidal Tendencies and Children of Bodom also

Last edited:

Dargor

I have never been to one, unfortunately.

Ok, from the "you don't understand a word but its awesome anyway!" line

and from japan with love

Last edited:
Ok so all you GAF metal heads, have you been to any metal concerts? I have seen Iron Maiden and Tool live and I feel blessed everyday to have seen them. I really, really want to see Arch Enemy and EPICA next.
I have seen:

At the Gates
Carcass
Amon Amarth
The Haunted
The Crown
Entombed
Slayer
Tool
System of a Down
Killswitch Engage
Chimaira
Shadows Fall
Mesuggah
Opeth

Some of them multiple times and I'm certain I'm missing a bunch. If I recall more I'll add them.

Top Bottom