• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MGS4 NYC Midnight Launch thread of HIDEO KOJIMA

Ephemeris

Ripping my post from the MGS4 Screens thread; just in case some people are purposely avoiding the discussion.

Ephemeris said:
some random forum post said:
So I was wandering the Times Square Virgin Megastore today... a sign next to the playstation display says they're going to hold a launch event for MGS4 on June 11th (12 midnight). Kojima will be there to sign copies of the game (the sign states you must purchase the game at the event) and take photos, etc. I cant find anything about it online though, so you probably won't believe me but the sign definitely said it and my reading comprehension can't be that bad.

I'll be in the city later running some errands but I think a sneaking mission to verify this is definitely in order.

It's been verified.
file0658do2.jpg

NYC-GAFFERS. ASSEMBLE.

I was originally going to title it: "Hideo stops making ZOE3 long enough to greet gamers", but I didn't want to get banned over ZOE again -_-

tha_con

Banned
I request any trust worthy GAFFERS let me send them money via Pay Pal and get me a signed copy. Jesus CHRIST I'm jealous of NYC gamers right about now.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
DAMN.

I wanna go to NYC for this!

Can someone get one signed for me? I'll be forever grateful!

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Ephemeris said:
I was originally going to title it: "Hideo stops making ZOE3 long enough to greet gamers", but I didn't want to get banned over ZOE again -_-
You were banned for that too?? :lol: My first GAF ban

Oh and you guys must take pics and post them here :D

Ephemeris

I'm thinking of bringing my MGS Essential case or possibly my original copy of MGS (though it's in crappy condition). I feel almost.. greedy.

ilanna said:
You were banned for that too?? :lol: My first GAF ban

My first as well. :lol

shagg_187 said:
I might seriously cross borders just to see Hideo Kojima. If Arsenal Gear crashes there, i would be fucking pissed :/
Would be an awesome way to make an entrance. :lol :lol

neojubei said:
Well Boston is 3 hours 52 mins away, so I suppose I can take a trip to NYC. :D

We all should meet up.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
lol i live in the City, too bad I wont be getting MGS 4 :(

Maybe I should bring my MGS collection and have him sign them (I'll tell him it'll raise their eBay value :lol )

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Slayer-33 said:
lol in the City, too bad I wont be getting MGS 4 :(

Maybe I should bring my MGS collection and have him sign them (I'll tell him it'll raise their eBay value :lol )

I think you have to buy a copy to attend, its a small price if you want your MGS collection signed.

Would it be in bad form to bring some of my MGS collection to be signed? Oh and how can some of us help people that cannot make it to NYC?

shagg_187 said:
Greyhound: Toronto to NYC and back = $165
Holy shit! That's price of 3 MGS4 :/

Do not forget cab fare and hotel costs. I'm lucky to have some peeps in New York, so I have a place to crash if I go.

I live 18 hours away from New York by fucking plane. I have absolutely zero relatives in the city and I swear, I will be doing everything that is humanly possible to score a ticket to the US and go to the launch event and have Hideo Kojima sign his latest piece of software for me.

Ephemeris

neojubei said:
I think you have to buy a copy to attend, its a small price if you want your MGS collection signed.

Would it be in bad form to bring some of my MGS collection to be signed? Oh and how can some of us help people that cannot make it to NYC?

That question is on my mind.

neojubei

I wonder if Virgin will be selling the limited edition version or the regular version.

dralla said:
I'll rent a room out for 20 bucks!

You mean the roach infested seedy Carter Hotel?

dralla

neojubei said:
I wonder if Virgin will be selling the limited edition version or the regular version.

You mean the roach infested seedy Carter Hotel?

my beautiful house! with 42" plasma in spare room

neojubei

dralla said:
my beautiful house! with 42" plasma in spare room

Thats good, now you can invite some out of state gaffers to spend the night.

jiggle said:
If he's in NY, who'll be at Japan/LA/Australia I wonder.

I think it is a tour so, he might be in a different city at a different time and date.

KGKK

Banned
Fuck hotel fare, I will sleep with the hobos. Can you still cross the border with only your proof of citizenship or do you now need a valid passport to get into the States? I think they changed it to the latter this year right? If so then fuck.

Top Bottom