• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The most popular game console on Black Friday 2021 isn't the PlayStation 5 — it's the $300 Xbox Series S (due to availability)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfey

Banned
Before - "You're desperate bringing stock issues

Now - "Even with stock issues."

Are you serious?

I'm not replying to you anymore because you keep doing stuff like this.
Your entire argument revolves around the stock issues these consoles have.
If those consoles have stock, the xss will sell less. That your primary argument. In which you are going from the article.

At the same time, you ignoring people who actively paid for the xss. Because in your mind, the xss wont sell, due to these short stock.

People will regardless buy the xss, even if those console were in stock.

MonarchJT

Banned
That really does seem to be narrative here. I've seen plenty praise Sony for getting a higher chip allocation, which lead to many more PS5's being available early on. MS using much of their Series X stock to build out server blades for game streaming only made things even worse for availability.

I've seen several people praise Sony and even Jim Ryan for putting so many PS5's out there given the circumstances. Not once, have I seen anyone here criticize them for it (Which would be wrong), or claim it only sold so well due to the Series X being in such short supply. (Which would also be wrong)

Yet, anytime there's even a hint of positive sales news for anything Xbox... Just like clockwork. The same people rushing out in front to pipe everyone down, and inform them that despite whatever they heard... Nobody wants an Xbox, and that all the people that bought one were really wanting a PS5.

Be it Black Friday, a random month NPD, or Gamepass subs. Without fail, there will be a group of people that will downplay, excuse, and derail the thread until either everyone moves on, or it gets locked. Either way, the last couple of pages will mostly consist of those people laughing and high-fiving each other for yet another job well done.
we all know who they are ....mods know them too. And in all honesty is ok they arguing with everything Xbox. I just ask the same treatmentfor who do the same in pro Sony thread, ends up being closed out of discussion with thread ban or even worse with temporal banends up being closed out of discussion with thread ban or even worse with temporal ban

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
12 pages of users pointlessly arguing which console sells the most, but in reality Nintendo Switch is the winner on black friday and cyber money sales.

These are the hottest items.

71V7q4qctgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81ErLLyfr5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81N4N3CyByL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
818iETWG-aL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I don't understand why it's so difficult for people to understand what the article is saying about the stock.

There's always the chance that they made a mistake but there's no denying what they are saying about the stock.

we all know who they are ....mods know them too. And in all honesty is ok they arguing with everything Xbox. I just ask the same treatmentfor who do the same in pro Sony thread, ends up being closed out of discussion with thread ban or even worse with temporal banends up being closed out of discussion with thread ban or even worse with temporal ban

Thats all on you buddy.

Read the stickie and you can save yourself from those bans.

MonarchJT

Banned
Your entire argument revolves around the stock issues these consoles have.
If those consoles have stock, the xss will sell less. That your primary argument. In which you are going from the article.

At the same time, you ignoring people who actively paid for the xss. Because in your mind, the xss wont sell, due to these short stock.

People will regardless buy the xss, even if those console were in stock.
proof? air from ur arse?
i can tell you easily(with data) that series s is selling in all Italy regardless of the sales of the other consoles .. especially the switch. Who buys the S wants the Xbox .. don't go in stores for the switch or for the ps5 and then buy the S.

Btw the switch is the hottest console out there

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Thats all on you buddy.

Read the stickie and you can save yourself from those bans.
I'm not talking about myself....I'm talking about democracy and the same concession by the Mods ....

It doesn't bother me who comes to argue in a pro Ms. thread but would be nice to get allowed To di the same in Sony threads. You know better than me that it takes much, much less to get banned from Sony threads

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
proof? air from ur arse?
i can tell you easily(with data) that series s is selling in all Italy regardless of the sales of the other consoles .. especially the switch. Who buys the S wants the Xbox .. don't go in stores for the switch or for the ps5 and then buy the S.

Btw the switch is the hottest console out there
who is talking about the switch here?

I mean. If we’re being honest we know you’re a part of the ass-hurt army. Just lame af. No way you guys are grown men.

Not really I just read the stickie and followed the mods recommendations.

You really didn't need to use a personal attack though that wasn't necessary.

BTW I enjoy seeing both sides get the ban hammer. Discussions have become better here as a result of that.

I forgive you though.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about myself....I'm talking about democracy and the same concession by the Mods ....

It doesn't bother me who comes to argue in a pro Ms. thread but would be nice to get allowed To di the same in Sony threads. You know better than me that it takes much, much less to get banned from Sony threads

Im sorry but I disagree with your sentiment that this place is Sony Gaf. I've been watching the ban list and both sides are getting hit hard. There's no favoritism by the mods here.

MonarchJT

Banned
Im sorry but I disagree with your sentiment that this place is Sony Gaf. I've been watching the ban list and both sides are getting hit hard. There's no favoritism by the mods here.
after the sticky discussion get better ....but that neogaf has been and continues to be Sony GAF is a fact. period .... it was 10 years ago and still is. I don't want to remind you of the foolishness made by famous mods after they were discovered using accounts to continually discredit Ms .. same mods that banned very often pro Ms users...What fairness do you think a mods team can have that allows that kind of thing?.let's be serious and say things how really are. Fortunately, after the creation of the other forum they realized that everything could not be so biased and evident.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Its stupid people who fall for their anger.
Its easy to enjoy your console. No need to shove in to other people's throat.
Some people just take it a little bit too far, and think they are the victims.

My rule is this site belongs to someone. Keep my opinion to my myself.

MonarchJT

Banned

I don't care what people say...i care if i get banned for what i think without insulting anyone and other dont also if they keep getting personal

probably you are new to this place and don't know what happened years ago. Either if you know you are completely blind or you were just fine with that because it is evident from your posts that you are completely pro Sony and against ms(and that's okay)

anyway let's go back to the topic

Last edited:
Considering it seems like Microsoft almost never have drops on the XSX where I live compared to Sony with the PS5, this doesn’t really surprise me. It’s by far the most available. Hey, we got 30 PS5’s in stock!!! Oh? You looking for an XSX? Well, we only received 5 XSX’s total unfortunately for the last 6 months. Would you like an XSS instead?

MonarchJT

Banned
Considering it seems like Microsoft almost never have drops on the XSX where I live compared to Sony with the PS5, this doesn’t really surprise me. It’s by far the most available. Hey, we got 30 PS5’s in stock!!! Oh? You looking for an XSX? Well, we only received 5 XSX’s total unfortunately for the last 6 months. Would you like an XSS instead?
you joke but is really like this.In Italy there are 12mil/year 1500sq/m shops that received just 4 xsx in 12 months ...with more than 40 PS5 instead ..
im surprised that the gap between series console and PS5 is so narrow seeing how things goes in italy

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Are you being dumb on purpose or… Like seriously this isnt rocket science….

What he’s saying is. Series S is selling alot because PS5 and X have basically no supply. In other words Series S would be forgotten if those other two were available. Which also means Series S is the last option for people looking to get a next gen system and thats why it’s available everywhere.

We have people here ”believing” that the series S is as desirable as those other two which has no basis in reality. Basically delutional fanboys at play. The last part is whats being argued over if you didnt get that by now. NOT that series S is selling alot during black friday….

i think the main point of contention is that what he - and you by extension - are saying is not based on any sensible logic.

claiming that the Series S is only selling well because there’s no stock of the Series X and PS5 makes no sense. Claiming that it’s the last option for people looking for a next gen system also makes no sense. Price points exist, and people who don’t want to spend a lot of money on a console aren’t likely to be eyeing a Series X Over a Series S.

Console warring is such a weird thing.

dcmk7

Banned
Claiming that it’s the last option for people looking for a next gen system also makes no sense.
It is a thing.

If you spend a few minutes searching on this forum, you will find users on here in that exact position.

Don't understand it myself but each to their own.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Have to wonder whether his misleading marketing statement about delivering the same experience just at lower resolution helped or hindered sales on initial launch.

Probably the former.

No more or less than the number of misleading marketing statements about the Series X and the PS5 regarding 4K, 4K at 120HZ, and 8K. Heck we can't even get true 4K at 60hz on most games.

dcmk7

Banned
No more or less than the number of misleading marketing statements about the Series X and the PS5 regarding 4K, 4K at 120HZ, and 8K. Heck we can't even get true 4K at 60hz on most games.
I disagree with this.

You're overlooking some big moments with the marketing of Series S.

Publicly got one of the key guys behind the Series S saying that this cheaper console is going to be the same experience as the premium product albeit with a lower resolution.

Not to mention the silent dropping of the 1440p claim.

DavidGzz

I disagree with this.

Publicly got one of the key guys behind the Series S saying that this cheaper console is going to be the same experience as the premium product albeit with a lower resolution.

So some games aren't 60fps, is that the false advertisement? Seems not much different than "I believe in generations." Ryan and the fact that you can play games Like Ratchet and Clank on much slower SSDs. Or the emotion engine and the cell processor secret sauce. The Killzone "in-game" trailer. You act as if these corporations are always straight shooters. You get exactly what is advertised, lol! I'm sure you brought all of that up in the past and that you're not just trying to tear down Xbox again. Surely.

"Big moments" lmao

John Wick

That is how you know, who spends money like crazy.

Most rational people won't spend 500$ on a console. They fucking won't do it.

300$ on other hand is easy to buy it. They can spend money on that. But 500$ is a fucking no no. You mention that, and you will get whipped.
Most people want a PS5 or SX but if they can't find any they are buying SS because it's in stock everywhere. Parents/people don't want to disappoint family members as Christmas is close.
Let's put it this way if all consoles were in stock equally the SS would be last even beaten by Switch Lite SKU.

THE DUCK

I disagree with this.

Only the people on this forum and die hard gamers watched that video. You obsession with this video knows no bounds. The series S, for the most part, does deliver a similar experience at a lower resolution.

Riky

$MSFT
Only the people on this forum and die hard gamers watched that video. You obsession with this video knows no bounds. The series S, for the most part, does deliver a similar experience at a lower resolution.

If you watch the whole video and don't cherry pick one line from it then you understand what Jason Ronald actually means by the same next gen experience, loading times and Velocity Architecture with the same CPU. We've been over this a hundred times before, Jason Ronald told the Verge clearly before launch that resolution and other graphical settings that don't affect core gameplay would be lowered, again this is just ignored by the trolls who just keep repeating the same one cherry picked line.

DaGwaphics

I disagree with this.

How have they dropped the 1440p claim, silently or otherwise? 1440p was no more a guarantee with XSS than 4k is with the XSX/PS5. There are numerous titles where what is the 4k mode on XSX is in fact 1440p on XSS. Once one game shipped with that specification this statement became categorically true. Not all games are developed the same, so obviously not everything is hitting 4k on the big boys and likewise games are missing 1440p on the XSS. Very basic.

Any game released across the series line is the same fundamental gameplay experience. I don't think having a few less distant trees or more aggressive LOD transitions constitutes a different gameplay experience. It's no different than playing a PC game across a range of devices, as long as frame rates are playable the gameplay experience is always essentially the same.

Unless you can point to games that were unable to release on the XSS or games that have missing levels etc., I don't see how your argument has any validity to it. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
So a PR marketing video of a console targeting casuals (apparently) was only seen by NeoGaf and die-hards? That's what you're saying?

And let me guess this straight.. your argument doesn't contest anything of what I said but you're saying my argument doesn't count because no casuals watched it? And you know that how? Why does it even matter??

There is an audience outside GAF, believe or not which follow gaming news especially their announcements. Let's not be blinkered and keep some realism in the discussion.

The series S, for the most part, does deliver a similar experience at a lower resolution.
Maybe he should have said 'for the most part'. Rather than the same experience just lower resolution.

Not even first studios can deliver feature parity.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
i think the main point of contention is that what he - and you by extension - are saying is not based on any sensible logic.

claiming that the Series S is only selling well because there’s no stock of the Series X and PS5 makes no sense. Claiming that it’s the last option for people looking for a next gen system also makes no sense. Price points exist, and people who don’t want to spend a lot of money on a console aren’t likely to be eyeing a Series X Over a Series S.

Console warring is such a weird thing.

The data shows exactly that. So i don’t know why it doesnt make sense to you? why is it so ”hard” for you lot to understand the basics of supply and demand.

My claim that the series s is the last option makes complete sense because its based on the much higher demand for both X and PS5. Does that mean that there’s no one who wants a series s no, but the majority would rather get a Series X/PS5 rather than S right now. Also based on factuall data not feelings.

If price point really was a big factor as you put it the s would be flying off shelves from the moment it launched.

The series s is the only ”next gen” console that you can find in stores right now! Let that sink in.

Funny thing you mentioned that. You guys choose to go through all this mental gymnastics which makes you look bloody stupid tbh, just because you want a console to succeed so much so that you’ve thrown logic out the window? I mean if that’s not console warring i don’t know what is…. 🤷🏻‍♀️

dcmk7

Banned
So you're telling me that people are buying something they don't want because the item they do want isn't available ? Who spends 300 dollars plus on something they don't want?

It does happen, it's pretty weird to me to be honest.

But there has definitely been threads and posts on this very forum about users getting impatient for a next gen console, purchasing something they don't really want and later regretting it.

ReBurn

Gold Member
The data shows exactly that. So i don’t know why it doesnt make sense to you? why is it so ”hard” for you lot to understand the basics of supply and demand.

My claim that the series s is the last option makes complete sense because its based on the much higher demand for both X and PS5. Does that mean that there’s no one who wants a series s no, but the majority would rather get a Series X/PS5 rather than S right now. Also based on factuall data not feelings.

If price point really was a big factor as you put it the s would be flying off shelves from the moment it launched.

The series s is the only ”next gen” console that you can find in stores right now! Let that sink in.

Funny thing you mentioned that. You guys choose to go through all this mental gymnastics which makes you look bloody stupid tbh, just because you want a console to succeed so much so that you’ve thrown logic out the window? I mean if that’s not console warring i don’t know what is…. 🤷🏻‍♀️
To what data are you referring? What data shows that there is no demand for Series S other than the vacuum caused by Series X or PS5. If you're going to make a claim that data supports that this is the only reason people buy Series S you need to show your work.

To be fair unless you break the TOS here you have nothing to worry about. I've seen many freely state their opinions and not get bans here. It's usually the trolling and console warring that gets people banned because they don't add anything to the discussion.

This site seems pretty fair to me and I agree with the warnings I got in the past. As long as you heed them you shouldn't get into trouble.

THE DUCK

So a PR marketing video of a console targeting casuals (apparently) was only seen by NeoGaf and die-hards? That's what you're saying?

And let me guess this straight.. your argument doesn't contest anything of what I said but you're saying my argument doesn't count because no casuals watched it? And you know that how?

There is an audience outside GAF, believe or not which follow gaming news especially their announcements. Let's no be so blinkered and keep some realism in the discussion.

Maybe he should have said 'for the most part'. Rather than the same experience just lower resolution.

Not even first studios can deliver feature parity.

What? You think people who play games once a month sit around watching PR marketing videos of MS tech guys explaining consoles? Right......
If your lucky they watched the 1 minute and 30 second official launch video.......
And again, they don't care about 1440p vs 1080p like you do......they have their HD cable box hooked up running at 480p and brag about HD. They have 1080P TV sets. They sit 12 feet away from a 55" 4K tv where you can't see 4K.
They are 5 years old and don't care that roblox is 1080p instead of 1440p. They have an xbox Series X in the main room, and the S is fine for the second. Nobody cares........but you.

bargeparty

This is only loosely related, but as I lived in a few "stock alert" discords for RTX's and consoles for a long while. The amount of people I saw just buying what they could, was pretty high. Can't get a 3080 but a 3080ti is in stock, might as well just spend whatever extra and get that, can't get that, but a 3090, buy that.

People buying whatever they can get their hands on when stock issues are so bad is not uncommon, and with the holidays it makes perfect sense that the S would just sell out it's stock (cause even during normal times holiday rush to buy causes products to sell out).

Can't get the Series X for Timmy at the moment, well they have the S, so I'll buy that so I have something to give him, maybe if I can get an X I'll just return the S, but at least I have something.

A lot of arguing over normal shit because you guys have nothing better to do, latching on to this useless news and console warring bullshit. kinda sad.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
What? You think people who play games once a month sit around watching PR marketing videos of MS tech guys explaining consoles? Right......
If your lucky they watched the 1 minute and 30 second official launch video.......
And again, they don't care about 1440p vs 1080p like you do......they have their HD cable box hooked up running at 480p and brag about HD. They have 1080P TV sets. They sit 12 feet away from a 55" 4K tv where you can't see 4K.
They are 5 years old and don't care that roblox is 1080p instead of 1440p. They have an xbox Series X in the main room, and the S is fine for the second. Nobody cares........but you.

He just brings up the same obvious troll comment in every Series S thread, even ones unrelated to it like this one.

FunkMiller

Aren’t these threads about console sales in a heavily constrained production environment a bit pointless? Until we have a level playing field, where supply can meet demand for all consoles (as per usual), you can’t extrapolate anything worthy from the figures.

Last edited:
I don't know why so many people don't understand the point of a Series S. It's a cheap entry to play the newest games and its marketed at people that probably don't give a basic shit about 4K or anything other than just turning the damn thing on to play Fortnite and some Game Pass games. It's not meant for people that post on video game forums, which despite how important we all think we are, we are very clearly the minority consumer.

dcmk7

Banned

I don't get your argument at all.

Console announcements are kinda a big deal bud. Gaming media and even mainstream media report about them and usually they are quoting marketing claims, technical specifications and other pertinent stuff.

All your argument seems to be is making ignorant assumptions that the casual gamer will never be told about a claim made in a marketing video. As if it's a secret that isn't allowed to be uttered outside of GAF and the diehard audience.

When the only sensible assumption we can actually make is: more people other than GAF and die hards gamers saw or became aware of the marketing claims about the XSS, by either word or mouth, an article, someone on internet.. many many ways of getting informed nowadays.

But in your head only people who know about Ronald's claim is GAF and die hard audience? Can you back that up? Or something you just like to believe?

Why are you more interested in who saw a video rather than the ill-judged claims within it anyway. Bizarre.

They are 5 years old and don't care that roblox is 1080p instead of 1440p.
Some really weak stereotyping going on here.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

So you're telling me that people are buying something they don't want because the item they do want isn't available ? Who spends 300 dollars plus on something they don't want?
I am telling you that many people who are trying to buy a XSX for someone(i think you missed that part) will get a xss if they can't get a XSX, especially if it's a Christmas gift.

The XSS is fine. It offers every hardware feature the XSX offers minus the blu-ray drive for a fraction of the cost. It's clearly the best value on the market. There is no need for MS to come out and say anything else, the system speaks for itself and this news story is testament to the impressive work MS put out. I look forward to seeing their continued success.

scydrex

Because it has less RAM, tailored for native 1440p output. The GPU is more powerful in some aspects, and the CPU is miles ahead of the One X.
It's sold as a 1440p device, and it does exactly that. For the vast majority of people, that's absolutely fine.

1440p?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom