• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mustache

Are you now or have you ever been a fan of the mustache?

• Total voters

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
iu
iu
iu
5e078dae6bfcb935f5bee43f66101e94.jpg
iu
iu
iu
Sturgill-Simpson-press-by-Reto-Sterchi-2019-billboard-1548-1024x677.jpg

iu
iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu
iu
iu
iu
iu
iu

iu
iu
main-qimg-d689cd3441ec94d7afce011130d2f8f5-pjlq

iu

Batiman

Banned
I’m rockin the dirtiest stache anyone’s ever seen right now. I can’t even talk to people without thinking they’re staring right at it now lol. Just want to see how barbaric I can go before the next event I go to where I got to clean up. Lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've had a 'stache since I was about 16. Beard since I was about 19-20. Pretty similar to my avatar, actually.

I shaved the beard once (left the mustache) and my wife about flipped a table over and told me never to do that again. So, I keep it grown way the fuck out.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
You're rocking "the walrus" when I picture you. Only on Tuesdays though.
I get told I look like Johnny Depp a lot. While I do disagree, I think it's partially because I have the same pattern of facial hair he has. These days my mustache and goatee are much longer than Depp's. I keep the goatee to a reasonable length but I am continuing to let the 'state grow out. No handlebars but I let the ends curl slightly.

My stache is definitely entering walrus territory and I am all for it.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I get told I look like Johnny Depp a lot. While I do disagree, I think it's partially because I have the same pattern of facial hair he has. These days my mustache and goatee are much longer than Depp's. I keep the goatee to a reasonable length but I am continuing to let the 'state grow out. No handlebars but I let the ends curl slightly.

My stache is definitely entering walrus territory and I am all for it.

Qu3pbyC.jpg

I've rocked the walrus on occasion but I tend up gnawing the hairs. Just have a hard deal coping with the sensation of the moustache going over my upper lip #autisme. It also tends to significantly alter your facial feature on a whole. #mustacherabbithole

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
My father had a great stache. My theory is that it takes a certain type of man to pull it off. It's not for everybody.

I get that. I've been growing my hair out in the same time I've got to wear glasses. Now I have glasses and a man bun. Feel like a hipster =/ Ehh

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Off topic, but have you guys seen the new Amazon tv ad where there's a woman with a moustache? Saw it yesterday. Weird ass commercial.

SJRB

Gold Member
A proper moustache looks baller as fuck and I wish I could rock one but alas, my genetically inferior hair growth prevents me from doing so.

So I must watch in agony as other men take for granted a thing I will never possess in this life.

Fate is a cruel mistress, indeed.

I didn't inherit the superior masculine genetics of my forefathers, so I am cursed to be capable only of patchy, weak facial hair, including the stache area. I usually shave, but if I do grow facial hair for some reason I try to style it to hide my patchy spots.

As far as guys who can grow out facial hair, the mustache in particular, I think it takes a certain type of guy to look good in one. Usually one you would associate with the words "rugged," "masculine," "bold," etc. or a combination.

Take late pro wrestler Rick Rude for example. One of the best stached looks in pro wrestling EVER.
tumblr_oqd4rs4gv01rkf4k0o1_1280.jpg

As a side note, compare him without a stache and look at just how bare his face feels:
rick-rude-wcw-championship.jpg

And all of this is not even mentioning his mullet, which he and many other wrestlers in the 80s/90s wore (some much better than others).

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Thought this was going to be about this excelletn French movie

mt4PSmCi7wH8SthtLFBOjSV4wXF.jpg

It's about a guy who shaves off his moustache, but his wife friends don't notice, and leven try to convince him he never even had a moustache.

Edit: damn missed the post that already did this...

Last edited:

drganon

I've never grown a mustache or a beard since it irritates the hell out of my skin. Unfortunately, I'm also someone who grows facial hair very quickly so I have to shave at least every other day. Even then I only look clean shaven for about a few hours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom