• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NeoGAF Achievements Thread

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
We all love achievements in video games, and now achievements are coming to your favorite video game forum! We've hidden a bunch of fun achievements you can earn on NeoGAF just by doing everyday things like posting, creating threads, or setting an avatar. When you do one of these things, you'll get a notification letting you know you've earned an achievement!

There are a few changes to member's profile pages:

ON9pzAS.png

• The first and most apparent thing is that you'll now have a "Points" indicator on several places throughout the site, as well as on member's profiles. Each achievement has a set number of points assigned to it based on how difficult it is to achieve.
  • Every member profile has been updated with an "Achievements" tab, where you can see which achievements that member has earned.
  • Site members (sorry Neos!) will have an icon next to their name on their member page where they can showcase their favorite achievement. Click it to select which one you'd like to feature on your own profile.
We already have a lot of internal feedback and some big plans on how to improve on this further, but we would love to hear your feedback as well as your ideas for new site achievements.

I hope everyone enjoys this new feature!

Codes 208

*notices first achievement I unlocked was "sucking up to the boss"*

Yup. Sounds about right lol

Last edited:

bucyou

I saw all the notifications and had to think quick if I posted something controversial haha

cool system

Papa

Banned
Good thing all the Fuck Trumpers left otherwise they would be dominating the post count achievements

It's Jeff

Banned
It felt great to earn a pile of points today. Didn't know this was a thing, but I saw a stack of notifications that said I was awesome. Thanks!

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
This is pretty cool. Was curious to see what I said to earn 19 notifications, glad it was just achievement notifications.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Now I gotta be more careful about how I dish out my Likes. :goog_mad::goog_giggle:

Palliasso Palliasso 's a coding badass as always. Hope everyone likes the new achievements, and hope everyone likes design polish and improvements in general huahuahua because there's lots more good stuff coming very soon. No need to Believe; just come and see~

Blam

Now I gotta be more careful about how I dish out my Likes. :goog_mad::goog_giggle:

Palliasso Palliasso 's a coding badass as always. Hope everyone likes the new achievements, and hope everyone likes design polish and improvements in general huahuahua because there's lots more good stuff coming very soon. No need to Believe; just come and see~
Hmm very true lol.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I log in to 44 notifications and was wondering what the hell I posted that made it rain...and then saw I’m showered in awards for existing forever.

So yay for existence and participation!

Well done guys. Pretty slick for a new feature release.

Please like this post. I want all the achievements....all of them!

cr0w

Old Member
I saw 15 notifications and got scared I'd said something even dumber than usual. Crisis averted.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I logged back into and I had 35 notifications

Either I said something really good and quoatable? -unlikely

Or some error with GAF.

Turned out the notifications were all achievements to do with GAF posts and years of services.

I either wasn’t paying attention to the stickies or haven’t read the notices but how long was this planned for ?

Cato

Banned
I almost shat myself. 12 notifications. What did I do? I was not THAT drunk last night. Will a twitter hate-mob hunt me down now? :)

EDIT: Cool idea though. I like it (once I changed pants)

Last edited:

Spheyr

Banned
I usually log in to 15-20 so seeing 20 wasn't a shock. Though none of them were people telling me off this time which is new.

lifa-cobex

What's my prize?

Shouldn't an achievement be for having a temp ban? I always thought it was a right of passage.

Last edited:

Spheyr

Banned
If I ever unlock "Off-Topic Forum: 250 Threads (30 points)" take me to the vet and have me put down

nkarafo

530 points... Is that high?

Also, i never though i had made 200 threads.

I also got banned a few times pre-NuGaf.. With a perma ban warning in the last one. No achievement for that eh?

Last edited:

Tumle

Ha too late I already got my “sucking up to the boss” achievement:p

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
We need an achievement for successfully renting and returning a hamster without getting caught by the police, in a country where such activity is illegal and punishable by death by snoo snoo.

xviper

there should be rewards for high points to showcase your contribution to the site

for example if you have 500 points you get a colored frame on your profile picture or a star\symbol next to your name

Paasei

I was already worried why I had 16 new notifications, but luckily they were just achievements. I feel safe now.
Great idea, but all I ever want to "achieve" is an unique title underneath my username =)

Top Bottom