• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NeoGAF Achievements Thread

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
1TqrF82.jpg

Joined May 30, 2004
Messages 19,798
Likes 2,004
Points 1,450

Yeah boiii

Ahem. Yeah, everything's gone smoothly with the initial launch. We're in the process of doing a major design update so we'll see about getting some sort of visual integration in place with that so you can show off a little (without being obnoxious/tacky...or Nazi-themed, sorry ilfait ilfait ).

woopWOOP

I was already worried why I had 16 new notifications, but luckily they were just achievements. I feel safe now.
Great idea, but all I ever want to "achieve" is an unique title underneath my username =)
Ha, I had the same reaction

"I wonder what I posted to get so many people angry?"

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
12.3.04, crazy long time for me, lots of points. And I'm not even wild.. it's nice seeing this evolution on GAF.

Shifty

In before they do DLC later down the line and ruin the nice round 'max points' number :rolleyes:

Kidding aside, neat new feature. I dig it.

I'm going to make fun of people that have less points than me.
I take it back shut it down we've gone down the wrong path.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I never was an addict for achievements (I don't even like it in actual games, i just play games to play games not to get that one achievement) but it is definitely a funny little meta thing.

Reminds me of the time as a mod on a music forum i frequented which had this whole subpage dedicated to smallish games for entertainment. Like, 50 games or something.

I should find out how that was implemented. Could be a funny addition to a site like GAF that is already dedicated to gaming.

Norse

14 yrs and 1325 pts. I will add that most of those points came between Xbox 360 reveal thru the 360 dominance of npd era. I've mellowed with age but I've was already over 40 when I discovered GAF.

royox

I saw all the notifications and had to think quick if I posted something controversial haha

cool system

IKR!!! I logged in and BOOM 20 notifications and I was all like "oh my god what have I done???!!!"

Like the changes, keep it up gaf :)

Ultimadrago

I have 0 points and I've been here a while. Any reason why that is?

Edit: Ah, there they are!

Last edited:

7he Talon

I signed on to see 26 notifications. I thought I was popular, but it turns out it was just 8 years of achievements catching up with me.

Kaby

Banned
XenForo is a popular forum engine. I think the webmasters can add more plugins for this forum. More plagins = more fun.

Mr Hyde

I haven´t received the achievement for being upgraded to member status. Is it glitched?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got em now. Must have been delayed or somethin.

Last edited:

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Weee 13 years, 1185 points. The only shocking thing is the amount of posts I've made 0__o Those things add up over time!

ultrazilla

I'm wondering if the mods or Evilore can check to see when actual membership was approved because I'm pretty sure I may hold the longest record of having to wait while being
approved. It *seemed* that it took close to year or even beyond to actually get my membership up and running/approved. And I'm just shy of 500 total points.

Kaby

Banned
Neo Member is unable to change an icon.

Error:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

LordRaptor

So weird.
Post counts have been hidden forever presumably to disincentivise spam, and now you get faux-gamerscore for them

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yo, the shit I've been through - I deserve to be liked by EviLore EviLore !

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshichan! Hey dude.

Wait, what shit do you mean?
My man.

Being bashed and hated to hell by various communities - Souls-games, Blizzard-games (SC2, HS, Diablo), FFXIII/2, etc etc etc. And despite being fucked by the community, still coming back to the forums, recovering and going back at it strong.

Last edited:

Michele

you.
I love this new change! I logged in and bam, I got like 7 or 8 notifications.

My man.

Being bashed and hated to hell by various communities - Souls-games, Blizzard-games (SC2, HS, Diablo), FFXIII/2, etc etc etc. And despite being fucked by the community, still coming back to the forums, recovering and going back at it strong.

Oh no! I apologize on behalf of the moderators or admins. I know in the past they have treated you badly, but we're glad that some still believe them. We all thought that Resetera would be more kinder, but guess what, I was very wrong. I did not go through this on here, but I did go through this like you on Resetera, eventually leading up to a permanent ban. EviLore was right, so I guess I should deserve a like from him. I may not look it, but I'm actually a bit sensitive when I talk in forums, because I do not know what can I expect.
At least, the moderator have said sorry to the users like us. I'm hoping that the popularity can be restored to former glory. Welcome back, Yoshi!

P.s. Your custom title is...quite long but hilarious. Makes me wish I could get one custom title like you.

Michele

you.
Ah?!

Erm, umm, I wasn't expecting a custom title, and even if it was, I was kinda hoping it would be like 'Useless Poster', something like that, because when I try to post...most of the times, it gets ignored or b-backfire. I a-always seem to screw up most of the time... It's like, I feel alone...

Thanks anyways...:whistle:

Last edited:

Yoshichan

That’s hilarious :lol

Also, thank you Michele for all your kind words ❤️

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I was kinda hoping it would be like 'Useless Poster', something like that, because when I try to post...most of the times, it gets ignored or b-backfire. I a-always seem to screw up most of the time... It's like, I feel alone...

Thanks anyways...:whistle:
You aren't.* But i was wondering how you got that user title, but now i know L(
*Hi by the way. We have met before on Discord. I am glad that you are accustomed here.

I love this new change! I logged in and bam, I got like 7 or 8 notifications.

Oh no! I apologize on behalf of the moderators or admins. I know in the past they have treated you badly, but we're glad that some still believe them. We all thought that Resetera would be more kinder, but guess what, I was very wrong. I did not go through this on here, but I did go through this like you on Resetera, eventually leading up to a permanent ban. EviLore was right, so I guess I should deserve a like from him. I may not look it, but I'm actually a bit sensitive when I talk in forums, because I do not know what can I expect.
At least, the moderator have said sorry to the users like us. I'm hoping that the popularity can be restored to former glory. Welcome back, Yoshi!

P.s. Your custom title is...quite long but hilarious. Makes me wish I could get one custom title like you.
Given that we have met before, i would appreciate it if you told the whole story of you arriving here on GAF, if you are going to make references to it.

My man.

The legendary Yoshichan.. restored to former glory. And the balance of the Earth was restored :) Welcome back!

Michele

you.
Given that we have met before, i would appreciate it if you told the whole story of you arriving here on GAF, if you are going to make references to it.

...?

I did post on Resetera, and I found out about this site from there from occasional posts about it in Resetera site and through sites saying NeoGAF is bad (when actually it isn't), but I do not recall meeting you before and I have never talked with you before. Maybe you saw my account there in Resetera, but did not have an account or talk with me - in which case I can't blame you.

But if you still have doubts, you can PM me about it. If it's about meeting or about my account, I do not think here is proper way to discuss about it.

MrFortyFive

Cool idea. My achievements don't seem to have registered yet but I haven't been active on here for a while so there's probably a delay. I just took a look at my profile too. Crazy that I've been a member here for over 10 years. I had no idea that it had been so long.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
1TqrF82.jpg

Joined May 30, 2004
Messages 19,798
Likes 2,004
Points 1,450

Yeah boiii

Ahem. Yeah, everything's gone smoothly with the initial launch. We're in the process of doing a major design update so we'll see about getting some sort of visual integration in place with that so you can show off a little (without being obnoxious/tacky...or Nazi-themed, sorry ilfait ilfait ).
Does it not bother you, by the way, that it is impossible for you to get a perfect scorecard, because it is not possible to like one's own postings? Or is there a hidden second way to obtain that achievement?

Top Bottom