• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NeoGAF E3 Press Conference Thread

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Since many of us are 'accredited' media, I'm sure that no doubt most of you legit people have the proper contacts and will be invited into each respective press conference.

Just as a general rundown heres the Dates and times (once again) for the big three:
NOTE: All times are Pacific. Add three hours for Eastern time.

Monday, May 8th

Sony
4:00pm
Sony Pictures Studios, Culver City

Tuesday, May 9th

Nintendo
Lobby Opens @ 8:30am
Show begins @ 9:30am
Kodak Theater, Hollywood/Highland

Microsoft
11:30am
Grauman's Chinese Theater, Hollywood/highland
Breakout sessions at Roosevelt Hotel 1pm

Now, Sony hasnt sent out their registration information just yet, I'm curious as to who has actually recieved and invite from GAF for each respective show (Will update when Ninty/Sony infos become available.. as it should be any day now).

Reply to this thread with your status ONLY if you've actually gotten an invite and are fully registered. As all of these events are invite only, none of "Oh I will be there if i can do this and this" shit will fly this year. So yeah, if you're already registered and confirmed for the conferences, reply and I'll add you to the list so we can organize some type of meetup / buddy system or something.

Also, Microsoft is sending out via express mail (By April 30th) "Passports" for the press conference. You CANNOT enter without one of these passports.

Nintendo is also sending out the 'tickets' for their press conference. They are required for Admittance, So please post only if you've been confirmed and are expecting the ticket to arrive in the mail.

Microsoft
DrEvil
Chris Remo
GCQuinton
TTP
BuddyC

Nintendo
VOOK (via Nintendo of Australia)
Polg (via Nintendo of Australia)
DrEvil
Tathanen
Chris Remo
BuddyC
Flynn
TTP
Jeff-DSA
CrisKre
Nevery
DavidDayton

Sony
BuddyC
TTP

----
Media Briefing and Breakfast:

WHEN: Wednesday, May 10, 2006
8 a.m. - Media Briefing & Breakfast
9-11 a.m. - Early Access Show Floor Hours for media
pre-registered by April 13 and retailers
11 a.m. - Show floor officially opens to all
attendees

WHERE: Los Angeles Convention Center
Media Briefing: West Hall Theater, Upper Level,
Room 411

WHO: Douglas Lowenstein, President of the Entertainment
Software Association

ahmad

Banned
This is not related to your topic, but are junior members allowed in the forums during E3 (especially during the conferences)???

Also, how do you become a "member"?? Do you need a certain number of posts??

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I'm confirmed for the Nintendo one, put me down :) My First E3 too.

OT: ahmad, I beleive you have to have X amount of posts (i dont know how many), and I think Junior Members can post during the E3 just like normal.

ahmad

Banned
I seriously hope that Nintendo changes their conference time.

How long does it take to get from the Kodak Theatre to the Grauman's Chinese Theatre??

I am guessing the maximum time for Nintendo's conference is going to be 1 hour and 30 minutes. Do you think that this is enough time for nintendo to talk about the Revolution/ DS, especially the revolution???

Beezy

I could've sworn that in another thread someone said Nintendo took Sony's usual timeslot this year and were going before them. o_O

ahmad

Banned
Beezy said:
I could've sworn that in another thread someone said Nintendo took Sony's usual timeslot this year and were going before them. o_O

I don't think so. Nintendo sent an email to the media earlier this year announcing the time and the location of the conference. The date was May 9th

DrEvil

VOOK said:
I'm confirmed for the Nintendo one, put me down :) My First E3 too.
Uh.. You might wanna check who 'confirmed' you.

Chris Remo said:
They already did their registration?
Nope, only thing they sent out was the 'media alert' save the date email back in december

ahmad said:
How long does it take to get from the Kodak Theatre to the Grauman's Chinese Theatre??

About 30 seconds, they're literally next door to each other.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
ahmad said:
This is not related to your topic, but are junior members allowed in the forums during E3 (especially during the conferences)???
As has been stated multiple times by the mods, GAF will remain open for members, junior members and guests during E3.

So is this thread.. like.. the "official" pre-conference thread or do we have to make another one when the time comes along next month?

DrEvil

speedpop said:
So is this thread.. like.. the "official" pre-conference thread or do we have to make another one when the time comes along next month?

I'm going to update the lists as people post their confirmations in here, so I mean, it'd be nice to make it official :)

Amir0x

Banned
speedpop said:

this is a meetup thread for people going to the conferences

Beezy

ahmad said:
I don't think so. Nintendo sent an email to the media earlier this year announcing the time and the location of the conference. The date was May 9th

Oh ok. The graphics whores who plan on going to Sony's conference and then Nintendo's might go blind.

ahmad

Banned
DrEvil said:

Nope, only thing they sent out was the 'media alert' save the date email back in december

About 30 seconds, they're literally next door to each other.

Oh, that is cool. That means Nintendo can take all the time they want.

El Papa

I'll be at the Nintendo Conference and probably the Sony Conference, don't know about the MS conference yet.

DrEvil

^^ Remember, I said CONFIRMED. Please let me know once you've actually confirmed your registration, no probably's! :)

I just thought I'd post a slightly interesting tidbit of information Regarding the press conferences

Microsoft

Last year, Microsoft held their conference at the Shrine Auditorium in Downtown LA - This theater could hold approximately 6300 people, as well as some 'onstage' seating.

This year, however, will be held at the Grauman's Chinese theater, with a seating capacity of 1493 persons. Now, take into account executives/developers and other industry folk in attendance, minus a few rows for probable stage space, the amount of room for actual Media will likely be at max, 1300 persons. A far cry from the amount of space last year.

Nintendo

Traditionally, Nintendo holds their press conference at the Kodak Theater, in the 'ballroom/pressroom' area of the theater (not the main hall, but a small offshoot) that holds approximately 1500 people.

This year, if rumours proove to be true, and Nintendo holds it in the main theater area (where the oscars are held), a total of 3400 persons can be seated comfortably.

Sony

Lately Sony has been holding their conferences at the Sony Pictures Studios, in a backlot stage which can hold about 90 billion people, spanning into the fourth dimension.

VOOK

DrEvil said:

Im confirmed through Nintendo Australia, I dont have ticket in my hand, but as the only Australian Nintendo site attending the E3 im in.

DrEvil

VOOK said:
Im confirmed through Nintendo Australia, I dont have ticket in my hand, but as the only Australian Nintendo site attending the E3 im in.

Alright VOOK, I'll throw you into the Nintendo list, but you might want to be sure about that, as even via international media, Golin/Harris usually sends out an email invitation with a link to a registration page for the show... Keep an eye out for that just in case, and keep an eye on this thread for any indicators that those regs have started. You don't wanna get 'VOOK'd around..

ahmad

Banned
DrEvil said:
Sony

Lately Sony has been holding their conferences at the Sony Pictures Studios, in a backlot stage which can hold about 90 billion people, spanning into the fourth dimension.

:lol :lol

VOOK

DrEvil said:
Alright VOOK, I'll throw you into the Nintendo list, but you might want to be sure about that, as even via international media, Golin/Harris usually sends out an email invitation with a link to a registration page for the show... Keep an eye out for that just in case, and keep an eye on this thread for any indicators that those regs have started. You don't wanna get 'VOOK'd around..

Yeah I've shot off any email double checking, but I'll make sure I keep reading just incase :)

El Papa

Well then I'm confirmed through NOA to be at the Nintendo conference. I'm getting confirmation from my peeps for the Sony conference.

DrEvil

Beezy said:
Btw, thank you DrEvil for not naming this "The NeoGAF E3 Press Conference Thread".

No problem; I dont like the new name, so I shall forever continue the GAF legacy.

DrEvil

GCQuinton said:
Haven't heard from Nintendo and Sony yet, but I'm all set for Microsoft's.

Added; haven't heard much about parties just yet, 32 days or so away, I'm sure details will emerge in the next week or two.

DrEvil

mashoutposse said:
How do you get into one of these things?

Basically you need an established PR contact with one of the respective PR firms, and then you go from there - If you don't have one currently.. well, good luck.

DrEvil said:
Basically you need an established PR contact with one of the respective PR firms, and then you go from there - If you don't have one currently.. well, good luck.
Not correct.
Having a contact at an agency buys you a chance.
Having a contact in-house makes you a cert, and puts you miles further up the foodchain than those scrabbling around for agency leftovers.
A good agency contact can see you right but can drop you for a better offer.
It's always better to be known and respected with the platform-holder's in-house PR team.

DrEvil

Nintendon't said:
It's always better to be known and respected with the platform-holder's in-house PR team.

That is what I was referring to with "Respective PR firms"

E.g. Golin Harris for Ninty, Edelman for MSFT, etc.

DrEvil said:
That is what I was referring to with "Respective PR firms"

E.g. Golin Harris for Ninty, Edelman for MSFT, etc.
No. That's what I was talking about. The outsourced agency. That's butt-end of the invite foodchain.

EG: JC Smith (Now in-house) for Ninty, Genevieve Waldman for MSFT.

Those who work within the actual departments at the actual companies, not their outsourced agencies. If you have a relationship with the people at the platform holder, you're good.

If you have an invite booked through the agency and some lifestyle journalist wants your slot, you'll be dropped like the proverbial overheated root vegetable.

Not trying to pick fight, just set the record straight.

DrEvil

Dont think you killed it, there just must not be that many people from here going to Microsoft's conference :p

DrEvil

Just got confirmation that Nintendo's press conference is INDEED in the main hall of the Kodak Theater.

Holy shit.

Amir0x

Banned
DrEvil said:
Just got confirmation that Nintendo's press conference is INDEED in the main hall of the Kodak Theater.

Holy shit.

I'm really thinking... Nintendo is going to steal this E3 from the titans. This is their show. They will pull all the stops.

BuddyC

I had a dream I was at Nintendo's E3 2006 Conference. There was a Rev Remote in every chair, which then allowed everyone to play Ridge Racer 6 on this giant projection screen.

blahness

Amir0x said:
I'm really think, Nintendo is going to steal this E3 from the titans. This is their show. They will pull all the stops.

yeah if it is anything like last year they will announce Cooking Mama Revolution and take half of their show with videos of grandmas talking about how accurate and fun it is.

Amir0x

Banned
blahness said:
yeah if it is anything like last year they will announce Cooking Mama Revolution and take half of their show with videos of grandmas talking about how accurate and fun it is.

It won't be anything like last year.

xaosslug

Amir0x said:
I'm really thinking... Nintendo is going to steal this E3 from the titans. This is their show. They will pull all the stops.

Well, considering all the rumored "big stiff" that was a no-show at Nintendo's GDC conference... that is a possibility. But, I'm gonna go ahead and doubt that right off the bat as I am expecting a LOT from Sony. :p

SantaC

Gold Member
Amir0x said:

unless sony has something cooking with their PS3 controller as well.

Top Bottom