• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NeoGAF E3 Press Conference Thread

Bhav

Oh right, whoops :lol

I'll change it asap.

Edit: Sorted. Still doesn't change the fact that no official announcement has been made. Why hasn't Microsoft made an actual announcement?

BuddyC

Bhav said:
Oh right, whoops :lol

I'll change it asap.

Edit: Sorted. Still doesn't change the fact that no official announcement has been made. Why hasn't Microsoft made an actual announcement?
They have. Those who received invites and such know when and where it's at.

...I think.

arne

BuddyC said:
They have. Those who received invites and such know when and where it's at.

...I think.

Yes, those who were on the original invite list have received e-mail and hard copy invites and know when and where it's at. There are some people who didn't get them in the first set that was sent out and will know all the details shortly.

element

do you guys think it is possible to get from LAX to the MS press conference in an hour?

So that is going north on the 405 at around 10 am

element said:
do you guys think it is possible to get from LAX to the MS press conference in an hour?

So that is going north on the 405 at around 10 am
totally do-able. should take 25 minutes or so tops if there's no traffic.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hmm... Golin-Harris is being annoying, and/or swamped. I have my Nintendo pass, but my photographer has been waiting since last week.

Yeah, yeah -- "one per outlet". I know that's not a real rule, and I can understand why the high-level net media (IGN, Gamestop) gets multiple passes. I'm just confused as to why fansites can get 2-5 passes immediately when the legitimate press struggles a bit more.

Oh well... such is the news business.

DavidDayton said:
Hmm... Golin-Harris is being annoying, and/or swamped. I have my Nintendo pass, but my photographer has been waiting since last week.

Yeah, yeah -- "one per outlet". I know that's not a real rule, and I can understand why the high-level net media (IGN, Gamestop) gets multiple passes. I'm just confused as to why fansites can get 2-5 passes immediately when the legitimate press struggles a bit more.

Oh well... such is the news business.
We (and by that I mean "I", since I'm the only one from our site who's gotten an invite so far) haven't been able to get our cameraman in. It's been extremely frustrating.

Xrenity

DavidDayton said:
Good question... Xrenity, do you know?

I had heard about the BEP being at the Nintendo party several days ago... no invite, of course, but...
Nope, got it from GoNintendo.com
Bud said:
Dude, are you gay or something? Fergie is fucking hawt.
Yeah right. The face scares me.

Cheebs

Guys the Hyrule/Wario Land stuff is what determines how close you are to the stage.

The Mushroom Kingdom - Closest to the stage
Hyrule - after Mushroom Kingdom in seating
Yoshi's Island - Seated behind Hyrule
Wario Land - the very back

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Cheebs said:
Guys the Hyrule/Wario Land stuff is what determines how close you are to the stage.

I'll take a Yoshi's Island please :)

No Press Pass for me yet :/

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Cheebs said:

Hmm. Trying to figure out how an acquaintance of mine ended up in the nearer seats. Not that it really matters, but it's rather amusing. :)

VOOK

Ok mine is coming tomorrow, who wants to take bets which section I get?

bet you i get Wario :(

yay, confirmed for sony last minute out of nowhere! and microsoft i'm assuming, since they asked for my address to mail out invites. really wish i had nintendo, but i won't complain...:)

Flynn

rocksolidaudio said:
yay, confirmed for sony last minute out of nowhere! and microsoft i'm assuming, since they asked for my address to mail out invites. really wish i had nintendo, but i won't complain...:)

Yeah, looks like Sony Press and party invites went out tonight.

Just got my Nintendo ticket today. Hyrule represent!

VOOK

presspass.jpg

Yay! Got Mine, and a bonus too :)

hmm, i have a question for those of you going to sony's: i got my confirmation e-mail, and in the attached letter it says "Driver’s license or picture identification is required for check-in. Prior RSVP required." do I actually have to RSVP to this confirmation e-mail, or is that just an odd way of saying you must actually have received confirmation prior and not just be able to flash your ID. i don't want to bug them again if i don't need to.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
So does anyone have a picture of the Microsoft preshow media invite passport thing (not the partner retail one earlier up) that they want to post?

I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Cheebs

Kobun Heat said:
Actually, from my understanding Hyrule is the closest, followed by Mushroom Kingdom.
Matt and Craig of IGN are in the Mushroom Kingdom and they say they are in the front row.

fugimax

Actually, from my understanding Hyrule is the closest, followed by Mushroom Kingdom.
Sounds like PR was sick of you calling for front row tix and decided to just tell you what you wanted to hear... ;)

arne

NSBrandon said:
So does anyone have a picture of the Microsoft preshow media invite passport thing (not the partner retail one earlier up) that they want to post?

I'm curious to see what it looks like.

139959069_cf375b8104.jpg

Midas

From GameSpot;

You’ll get all this in the E3 Subscriber Zone:

First Look - E3 Press Conferences
Get exclusive access to the full Microsoft and Nintendo press conference video streams!

Sony doesn't even allow them to record their press conference? Weird.

Midas

Blackcherry said:
I think they dosen't allow live streaming of their keynote. Websites can publish it later IIRC

I cant see them mention anything about live feeds regarding the MS and Nintendo one, hasn't Arne already confirmed that no one will be allowed to send the MS one live? And Nintendo will do it on their own page?

rocksolidaudio said:
hmm, i have a question for those of you going to sony's: i got my confirmation e-mail, and in the attached letter it says "Driver’s license or picture identification is required for check-in. Prior RSVP required." do I actually have to RSVP to this confirmation e-mail, or is that just an odd way of saying you must actually have received confirmation prior and not just be able to flash your ID. i don't want to bug them again if i don't need to.

At least you have a confirmation email. Registered and no confirmation yet!

It sounds like you're in; the RSVP part is likely the original registration process.

arne

Midas said:
I cant see them mention anything about live feeds regarding the MS and Nintendo one, hasn't Arne already confirmed that no one will be allowed to send the MS one live? And Nintendo will do it on their own page?

Live, steaming video *might* be allowed now, a couple things have changed. I don't have a conclusive answer yet though. I do know that Xbox.com won't be streaming it live in the event that live video does get to happen.

EDIT: Just because gamespot says "streams" doesn't necessarily mean live, no?

Lakitu

st5fu
arne said:
Live, steaming video *might* be allowed now, a couple things have changed. I don't have a conclusive answer yet though. I do know that Xbox.com won't be streaming it live in the event that live video does get to happen.

I hope so! :D

arne said:

EDIT: Just because gamespot says "streams" doesn't necessarily mean live, no?

It seems like a few years back Microsoft allowed streaming, but they had to cut the stream for about 30 minutes in the middle of the program because MS didn't want the public to see some things.

Would be nice if we got to watch this year :)

Top Bottom