• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NeoGAF Screenshotter's Compendium Thread

Welcome to the NeoGAF Screenshotter's Compendium.

headerfinalvyx9n.png

gafshotters55jss.png

If you're new to screenshotting, or new to it as a creative pursuit, here's the shtick:

Screenshotting, like many crafts, is as simple or complex as you want it to be. Fundamentally though there are a few pillars of quality to consider.
Most of what has spurred the screenshotting niche to blossom so much recently is the ability for consumers to render games at image qualities that were usually reserved for developer's 'bullshots'.

This is accomplished firstly by density of detail, i.e. the higher the resolution and better the anti-aliasing, the better the image will look. The current gold standard for a clean screenshot is a rendering res of 4k, or 3840x2160 (or 2400), achieved through Downsampling, along with the best anti-aliasing you can feasibly run. Your results will vary with you're hardware, but having the best IQ you can muster is the first and foremost concern to getting quality shots. Find your best, and move on to the artsier stuff.

There are various avenues for what images you want, but if you're looking for artistic shots, or again, "bullshots", its likely the first thing you'll want to do is get rid of the HUD. HUDs are great for playing the game, but not so great for a beautiful image.
After that, to really get the sense that your image is akin to something taken with an in-game camera, that video game photography feel, you'll want to get rid of the weapon (assuming you're playing an FPS).

For third-person games, and the rest, the next concern comes into play, which is accessing a free-camera, or NoClip. NoClip is usually the way A free camera allows one to truly explore the worlds of games with a creative eye, looking at all the beautiful nooks and crannies.

After all that, you're setup, and all you need is a way of capturing and saving your image, such as FRAPs, and then a way to resize it if you like. Resizing from 4k to 1080p or 1200p is a common practice, as you gain more image quality through the last bit of anti-aliasing done by your image resizing software.

Beyond this, screenshotting is the same as any other visual medium, the concerns are what you put within the frame, and the best results are usually the ones that have the most intent.

And where the magic happens:

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of The Last Hope For Image Quality

2013 PC Bullshot thread of "1 FPS? That's 1 screenshot per second"

The console screenshot thread

goalsgxj0x.png

There's alot of info out there, scattered around about the internets, on how to tweak games. But many of these tweaks are directly related to screenshotting, and the point of this thread is to put those tools into one easy to reference database. The most important of these are:

• No HUD
    [*]No Weapon
    [*]NoClip / Free Camera
    [*]Timestop

Beyond this there are plenty of other aspects of game tweaking and screenshotting in general to catalog, but those items are the essential modifications a game requires to be thoroughly screenshottable (timestop and noclip are a bit of luxuries, but important if available).

A quality catalog is the goal too. Please, if you know how to get a game setup for screens, post it! There's a ton of games all ready to go by now, so a good deal needs to be cataloged! This isn't just for our own reference, but to edify new folks and to help the craft grow into something better and better.

formatv2jqa.png

The thread is open for any discussion but we do have a focus. Like the Hi-Res and Bullshot threads that spawned this, the idea is to have proper Posts.

A proper post needs a title, and entails an organized write up. They can be broken down into three categories: Tools, Tweaks, and Techniques. The section below details them specifically, but when doing a proper Post, have two titles. The title is important, as it helps set off the post so I know to catalog it. The actual top title should either be the name of the game, the tool, or with techniques, the concept you are talking about. Please then add a bolded title in the first line of the post's body as well that is more specifically descriptive but succinct. The main importance of the formatting is that it is what will allow this thread to be kept organized and quickly and easily accessible. When regarding a tweak for a game that already has something posted, please quote existing material including the whole post so as to credit the poster. This means each link will go to the newest, most complete set of tweaks!

Also, if I miss something you posted, please let me know.

Ex:
ex1loz1u.png

categoriesfhkf7.png

The categories are not meant to be prohibitive but simply compartmental.
  • TOOLS
Anything that is useful for screenshotting in general, or added to a game beyond what is shipped with it. This means injectors, mods, image capturers, image management software, etc.

• TWEAKS
Anything that is modified within a game's existing material. Config edits or console commands for example. Most games will require this sort of thing to allow real creative screenshotting, and this will likely be the majority of what needs to be cataloged. There is alot already known, and we should try to cover it, and then add as new information comes about.

• TECHNIQUES
Techniques are anything that one does to get the best final results. Sometimes lines may cross between this and the tools, but the idea of a technique post is for it to be an 'article' of sorts written by somebody. Say for instance you want to write a guide about the intricacies of image resampling options, this would use photoshop or faststone, but be a technique sort of thing. This is the most open category, and the most conceptual, so pretty much 'anything else' goes under here.

rulesamkwl.png

• Follow the formatting! If you miss the top title you can't add it in!
  • If you post an image(s), quote it to keep things clean.
  • Check the compendium before you post to reduce redundancy.
  • Be clear and descriptive, so that anyone of any experience can understand.
  • Linking should be done when A. there's an existing GAF thread, or B. External info is too much to paraphrase.
  • Be respectful.

thecompendiumbleu0vqib.png

toolslapr1.png

Downsampling for Nvidia
Downsampling for AMD
Getting low refresh rate resolutions to appear in-game
SoftTH - How to Exceed Downsampling Resolutions!
ENB Series
Nvidia Inspector
Cheat Engine
SGSSAA
SRWE <-- can allow even greater resolutions than downsampling.
SweetFX
Unreal Engine 3 <-- If you're running a UE game that's not specifically listed yet, check here.
UE3 Tiledshot
Source Engine <-- Same as before. Check here.
Dolphin Emulator (Gamecube, Wii)
ToCAEDIT's hacks <-- An impressively large list of mostly camhacked games. Check here too.

tweaks1jrir.png

Alan Wake
Alice: Madness Returns
Arma 3
Assasin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 3
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Betrayer
Bioshock: Infinite
Borderlands 2
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior
The Chronicles of Riddick
Crysis
Crysis 3
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Dark Souls
Dark Void
Deadspace
Deadspace 3
Dead Island
Dishonored
DmC: Devil May Cry
Enslaved
F.E.A.R
Final Fantasy XIV
GRID 2
Just Cause 2
Metro: Last Light
Might & Magic X
Mirror's Edge
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Need For Speed: Rivals
Outlast
Prey
Project C.A.R.S.
Rage
Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm
Remember Me
Resident Evil 6
Risen 2: Dark Waters
The Secret World
Sleeping Dogs
Spec Ops: The Line
Syndicate
War Hammer 40K: Space Marine
Wind Waker (Dolphin)

techniquesjhomd.png

The Possibly Ubiquitous Way to remove a Weapon or even HUD
JPEG's and why you should use them (Only if you know how!)
PSA: Steam PNG vs Fraps PNG (TL;DR - Identical, unless you're using an injector.)
Getting great quality out of Youtube videos

This seems like the proper thread for this info.

This pertains to taking screenshots in ArmA III Only

THIS IS WAR PHOTOGRAPHY - Tools, tips and techniques for making splendid Arma 3 screenshots

The dev build on the ArmA III Alpha has some very cool built in functionality for taking really awesome screenshots.

You have a camera you can move around, zoom in, apply filters (ingame night vision, thermal, etc...), you can freeze time, set aperture and focus settings.

It's pretty kick ass and I've only fooled around with it briefly.

No HUD, No Weapon, and FreeCam

Chivalry's not too bad to get into a nice setup for screens. The tough part is catching the action.

As with many multiplayer games, simply go into spectator mode. This removes the weapon and allows freecam obviosly, but for the HUD: Press (~) to go into the console, and enter

ToggleHUD 0

Voila.

Borman

It's a shame that it's not more active. I'd love to see some Wii U screens.

I took some WiiU shots previously, but to be honest I use my WiiU more for Amazon right now. Holding off on Monster Hunter for as long as I can.

antitrop

These are the binds that I used in Alice: Madness Returns for Timestop, Camera Lock, Noclip, etc. This can be used for almost any UE3 game, although some commands work for some games and others do not. Some games like Bulletstorm and Spec Ops: The Line use encrypted INI files, unfortunately. For example, every single binding here works perfectly in X-Men Origins: Wolverine except for Ghost/Walk. This is probably useful in more games than I'm even aware of. Some UE3 games use ToggleHUD, some use ShowHUD.

Copy/Paste this under [Engine.PlayerInput] in <Game>Input.INI in C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\<game>\<game>\Config

Please be aware that many bindings use the "Alt" key modifier, which means they have an additional function if the Alt key is held down simultaneously to the normal key.

i.e., Pressing NumPadZero will lock the camera in place, and in order to "snap" it back to the character, you must press Alt+NumPadZero.

If you are familiar with many common Unreal Engine console commands, you can also slightly modify this formatting to bind whatever you want. UE3 is the shit when developers give players access to the nitty-gritty.

Bindings=(Name="Add",Command="Pause")
Bindings=(Name="Subtract",Command="PlayersOnly")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadZero",Command="Camera Fixed")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadZero",Command="Camera ThirdPerson",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="Decimal",Command="Ghost")
Bindings=(Name="Decimal",Command="Walk",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="Multiply",Command="Tiledshot 4")
Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="ToggleHUD")
Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="ShowHUD",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadOne",Command="FOV 10")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo",Command="FOV 20")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree",Command="FOV 30")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFour",Command="FOV 40")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFive",Command="FOV 50")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSix",Command="FOV 60")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSeven",Command="FOV 70")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadEight",Command="FOV 75")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadNine",Command="FOV 80")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadOne",Command="FOV 85",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo",Command="FOV 95",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree",Command="FOV 100",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFour",Command="FOV 105",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadFive",Command="FOV 110",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSix",Command="FOV 115",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadSeven",Command="FOV 120",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadEight",Command="FOV 130",Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadNine",Command="FOV 0",Alt=True)

alicemadness.png

ib0mCP36JKJt7h.png

iUJIkdYQOmgdt.png

HUD Removal:

Game menu -> options -> Game and Controls -> set HUD to off (UUUUUGH)

Free Camera:

Racer_s' cam control mod - official thread and download link

This works for the latest version of the game. The controls will take some getting used to. READ THE README.

Time of Day Control + slow motion:

Lingon's Trainer.

The time control basically makes the game's time cycle progress at about an hour per second :p You enable it, then disable it when you have the time you want. This seems to break as soon as you enter a mission. But if you're just free roaming in the game, it works great. Once it breaks though, you need to restart the game. Perfect for getting a screenshot at the perfect time of day.

The slow motion is useful for screencapping a precise moment. Particularly in combat.

Tips for better combat shots:

Use the trainer linked above and turn on god mode. Then, enable the free camera. Position the free camera where you want it. Get your scene set up. Background composition, etc. Then disable the camera and move Wei into the "shot" area. Then re-enable the camera and start fighting. Use slow motion to capture precise moments.

Example shots (utilizing the free camera):

Let me know if I missed anything and I can add it.

This seems like the proper thread for this info.

This pertains to taking screenshots in ArmA III Only

THIS IS WAR PHOTOGRAPHY - Tools, tips and techniques for making splendid Arma 3 screenshots

The dev build on the ArmA III Alpha has some very cool built in functionality for taking really awesome screenshots.

You have a camera you can move around, zoom in, apply filters (ingame night vision, thermal, etc...), you can freeze time, set aperture and focus settings.

It's pretty kick ass and I've only fooled around with it briefly.

Edit: Nvm. But Keep in mind to follow the Formatting. It shows me something needs to be cataloged. :)

Timestop + flymode + hud toggle

CE table here

Click [Enable], then [Scripts] -> Cheat Handler

That will enable the following hotkeys:
Playersonly - numpad 1 (alt+numpad 1 to disable)
Fly - numpad 2
Ghost - numpad 3
Toggle HUD - numpad 4
God mode - numpad 6
50% slow motion - numpad 7
Normal game speed - numpad 8

Hide Weapon

Included in my CE table. Current hotkey assigned is home \ alt + home (enable\disable), but you can change that.

Only use this with PlayersOnly active. Bring back gun model before disabling PlayersOnly!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Good shit man, nice initiative :) will contribute if I can figure out something.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Dolphin is a Gamecube and Wii emulator with great built in support for those looking to push their games beyond their original limits.

It supports universal free look, custom resolution settings, forced Ansiotropic filtering, 3D Vision,custom texture packs, and a slew of other useful visual features.

Download said:

Free Look

Free look allows you to manipulate the camera freely in nearly any Gamecube or Wii game.

Enabling Free Look​

To enable free look,

1. Open the “Graphics” options within Dolphin
  2. Click on the “Advanced” tab
  3. Under “Utility”, tick the “Free Look” box.

Controls​

The controls for free look are,
  • Shift+W - Move Forward
  • Shift+S - Move Backward
  • Shift+A - Move Left
  • Shift+D - Move Right
  • Hold Shift+Right Mouse Button - Enable Mouse Look

Custom Textures​

Dolphin allows you to use custom textures which replace the default ones used in games. This lets you apply HD texture packs, or other variants that have been created.

Installation​

Before installing a texture pack for a game, you must know it's game ID.

To find it,

1. In Dolphin, right click a game in your list and select “Properties”
  2. Select the “Info” tab
  3. Under the header “ISO Details” you should find “Game ID” with the games ID right next to it

With that information, you are ready to install your texture pack.

To install,

Go to:

*Your Dolphin Folder*\User\Load\Textures\*Your Games ID*
Put the texture packs files into that folder
(Note: if the texture pack is in an archive file {.zip, .rar, .7z} it must be uncompressed before it can be used.

Enabling Custom Textures​

With the textures installed, now you must enable games to use custom textures.

To enable custom textures,

2. Click on the “Advanced” tab
  3. Under “Utility”, tick the “Load Custom Textures” box.

If all was done correctly then upon loading a game, it should be using the custom textures you installed.

Troubleshooting​

If your custom textures are not loading, then adjusting the texture cache may correct the issue

To do so,

2. Click on the “Hacks” tab
  3. Under “Texture Cache”, slide the “Accuracy” slider to Safe(the left)

antitrop

I don't even know if a better emulator than Dolphin will ever come along. We sure have come a long way since the days where I was playing Chrono Trigger in DOS with an Eagle filter and had to keep pressing 3 to enable/disable the transparency clouds in 2300 AD with frameskip required to get a playable frame rate. Hahaha.

Thorgal

Free camera mode

requirement : ONLY works with a 360 controler

this is a real doozy

go to your steam library

right click on alan wake and select properties.

then in general click on set launch options

there type in:

-freecamera

launch game and pick an episode

durring gameplay press the right stick to enter camera mode

use the X and B buttons to slow or speed up camera movement

screenshot examples:

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
For the general Dolphin instructions, including installing texture packs and enabling free look, see this post.

Removing the HUD​
To remove the HUD you must input and enable an Action Replay code.

To do so,

1. In Dolphin, open up the Config options
  2. Under the "General" tab, tick the "Enable Cheats" box.
  3. In your game list, right click Wind Waker and select "Properties"
  4. Under Properties, select the "AR Codes" tab
  5. At the bottom of the "AR Codes" window, select "Add"
  6. Under name insert "Disable HUD"
  7. In the second text entry field enter this code
    01E00EFA 08000000
    903ED848 00000000
    023F633C 00028000
    003F710A 00000080
    003F713A 00000080
    003F715E 00000080
    403BB494 00106A80
    403BB498 002F5080
    00000000 40000000
  8. Click okay, and at the bottom of the code list, tick the box next to "Disable HUD"

After this is done, the majority of the HUD should be disabled, but there will still be some elements that stubbornly stick around. To be rid of those, you will have to use a custom texture pack, provided below.

Removing Heat Blur​

Heat blur is not emulated correctly in Dolphin, so it is best to remove it. An example of the effects of heat blur before and after the fix is below.

To apply the fix, you must input an AR code specific to your games region.

NTSC said:
003F6B2A 00000000

PAL said:
003FE32A 00000000

16:9 Aspect Ratio​
By default, using the widescreen hack will work but things that would normally be off screen will pop in. Using this method, you simply activate the code and set aspect ratio to "Force 16:9".

NTSC said:
D3MC-RD04-JACXK
G1N3-CXH2-TMF6K

PAL said:
KNVC-VY59-WXF91
FM7X-QJAM-48NGB

haikira

This thread is god damn amazing and so is everyone posting in it. This'll definitely be in my subscriptions list for a long long time.

scitek

Is there any way to get rid of the HUD in the current version of NFS: Most Wanted 2012? One of the updates broke TOCAEdit's tool again.

These are the binds that I used in Alice: Madness Returns for Timestop, Camera Lock, Noclip, etc. This can be used for any UE3 game, although some commands work for some games and others do not. Some games like Bulletstorm and Spec Ops: The Line use encrypted INI files, unfortunately. For example, every single binding here works perfectly in X-Men Origins: Wolverine except for Ghost/Walk. This is probably useful in more games than I'm even aware of. Some UE3 games use ToggleHUD, some use ShowHUD.

This is probably gonna be a stupid question, but I'm trying to get this working in Spec Ops: The Line, but whenever I open up the .Ini file I only see a lot of gibberish. It's a Steam copy, if that makes any difference.

antitrop

This is probably gonna be a stupid question, but I'm trying to get this working in Spec Ops: The Line, but whenever I open up the .Ini file I only see a lot of gibberish. It's a Steam copy, if that makes any difference.

You asked the right person!

Use this for Spec Ops: The Line, it was posted by user djh_ (Duncan Harris from DET) on the Steam forums:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ycj42j1lb48wgv

1) Run the game at least once.
2) Back up the files SREngine.ini, SRGame.ini, SRInput.ini in your MyGames/SpecOps-TheLine/SRGame/Config/ folder. (That's your documents folder, not the game's install dir.)
3) Unpack this zip archive there and overwrite the files.
4) Make sure the new files are read-only before loading the game, otherwise they'll be overwritten.

New bindings:

Numeric keypad 1-0: FOV 10-110
F1: toggle HUD

Other changes:

Mouse acceleration disabled.
Anisotropic filtering set to 16.
Startup movies disabled.

Unfortunately it seems like Duncan Harris was one of the only people lucky enough to receive a custom configuration from Yager/2K that allowed him free cam, because I would kill to be able to "properly" screenshot one of my all-time favorite games.

I should also mention that an INI editor exists for Spec Ops: The Line to allow you to edit the encrypted files, but it seems to be rather worthless as Yager has disabled many of the UE3 console commands. Someone mentioned that they tried all the standard methods for enabling "noclip" or "camera lock" and none of them worked. Disappointing.

iYeVZyF9AvkdT.png

SpecOpsTheLine%202013-04-11%2011-29-33-98.png

Use this for Spec Ops: The Line, it was posted by user djh_ on the Steam forums:

Unfortunately it seems like Duncan Harris was one of the only people lucky enough to receive a custom configuration from Yager/2K that allowed him free cam, because I would kill to be able to "properly" screenshot one of my all-time favorite games.

You do realize that "djh_" is Duncan Harris, right? =)

I like how he mentions the unfinished state of his blog... back then... in 2010 :)

THE ART SLEDGEHAMMER

Where to Download
Official thread
recommended - Boulotaur2024 created a new injector that is compatible with 64bit games and DX11. Here is a package with Boulotaur's injector that uses CeeJay's latest SweetFX shaders.

What is it?
SweetFX is a shader injection mod based off the SMAA injector by mrhaandi. At its most basic level, SweetFX can be used to enable SMAA and capture lossless screenshots. You can also inject post processing shader effects. SweetFX works with almost any DirectX game or application.

What all can you use it for?
SweetFX can apply SMAA or FXAA. These forms of anti-aliasing have a very small performance impact.
FXAA can arguably be used to mask aliasing better than SMAA, but at the cost of adding noticeable blur and thus reducing image quality.

SweetFX can inject additional shaders. These shaders can be used to increase\decrease contrast, color saturation, gamma, individual RGB levels, sharpening, bloom, film grain, etc etc. There are some more advanced shaders as well, such as Cineon DPX, Cartoon, gaussian bloom\unsharp mask and CRT shaders. The more shaders you activate, the larger the performance impact will be.

The shader settings can be modified while a game is running by alt-tabbing and modifying them via a text editor. SweetFX will be refreshed with the new settings upon returning to the game.

Here is a snapshot of the available shaders in SweetFX:
SMAA_ANTIALIASING : SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the SMAA technique.
FXAA_ANTIALIASING : FXAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the FXAA technique
CA : Chromatic aberration. You can only use Chromatic Aberration OR the Explosion Shader. Not both at the same time.
EXPLOSION : Explosion : Scatters the pixels, making the image look fuzzy.
CARTOON : Cartoon : "Toon"s the image.(Interferes with SMAA, CRT, Bloom, HDR and Lumasharpen)
LEVELS : Levels : Sets a new black and white point. This increases contrast but causes clipping. Use Curves instead if you want to avoid that.
ADVANCED_CRT : Advanced CRT : Simulates an old CRT TV display. Set gaussian blur along with it to get a halation effect
BLOOM : Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
HDR : HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
LUMASHARPEN : LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
GAUSSIAN : Gaussian Blur : can be used to... blur, but also bloom/hazy/glowy look, also unsharp masking
FILMGRAIN : Filmgrain effect
TECHNICOLOR : TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
DPX : Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
MONOCHROME : Monochrome : Monochrome makes the colors disappear.
LIFTGAMMAGAIN : Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
TONEMAP : Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
VIBRANCE : Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
CURVES :Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
SEPIA : Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
VIGNETTE : Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
DITHER : Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
BORDER : Border : Makes the screenedge black as a workaround for the bright edge that forcing some AA modes sometimes causes.
SPLITSCREEN : Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

Screenshotting
SweetFX can save lossless BMP screenshots to whatever folder your game executable exists in. The default key is "PRT SCR". The screenshot key can be changed.

How do you use it?
Download SweetFX. Extract files to the folder where your game executable resides. Edit settings to your liking.

You may need to disable certain overlays (Steam, Origin, etc) in order for a game to properly launch with SweetFX. Fraps and MSI Afterburner can also cause problems.

Got anything else?
Sure.

SweetFX Settings Database - massive list of presets for games. some have "sweetfx on\off" comparisons.

Overclock forums Settings and Screenshot examples

These collections of presets created by users around the interwebs. Some of these were created by people who've spent hours tweaking a game and have done a good job, whereas some were whipped up in a matter of seconds and can look quite terrible and destroy a game's art design entirely. Tread lightly....

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I would say you could write quite a comprehensive SweetFX post, and that would be awesome.

Hey just a quick note, you added Dolphin to the compendium list but not Wind Waker beneath it.

Is there any way to get rid of the HUD in the current version of NFS: Most Wanted 2012? One of the updates broke TOCAEdit's tool again.

Unfortunately I don't believe so. If there's going to be a fix, it'll be from Toca.

Shaneus

Awesome, subbed. Do we maybe want to have what games might be relevant next to the engine names? Obviously not mention all of them, just big ticket ones... for example:

Unreal Engine 3 (Spec Ops, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite)

Maybe, I dunno.

Also, the guy behind the Sleeping Dogs mod (already posted in this thread) has mods for a massive range of games, all at least relating to the in-game camera in some way. Too many to list here!

Hey just a quick note, you added Dolphin to the compendium list but not Wind Waker beneath it.

Unfortunately I don't believe so. If there's going to be a fix, it'll be from Toca.

Awesome, subbed. Do we maybe want to have what games might be relevant next to the engine names? Obviously not mention all of them, just big ticket ones... for example:

Unreal Engine 3 (Spec Ops, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite)

Maybe, I dunno.

Also, the guy behind the Sleeping Dogs mod (already posted in this thread) has mods for a massive range of games, all at least relating to the in-game camera in some way. Too many to list here!

Sorry alo, I totally missed wind waker. I'll fix that. As for The NFSMW HUD, there's always the manual way, which I am just about to make a technique post about. In the case of MW, if you pause the game at just the right moment, when you unpause you get a brief hudless moment that you can screenshot. Or its right before you pause, I don't quite remember (its been a while).

And shaneus, I was wondering about this same thing. There's just so many games that are unreal engine, and so many that don't adhere to the tweaks antitrop posted. I think I'm going to move the UE link to tools, and then let specific games arise as they do. Also, holy shit Tocaedit. Definitely linking to that guy.

Also to note, I will do my best to quickly update the thread, and I appreciate notification like Alo did if I miss something.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Sorry alo, I totally missed wind waker. I'll fix that. As for The NFSMW HUD, there's always the manual way, which I am just about to make a technique post about. In the case of MW, if you pause the game at just the right moment, when you unpause you get a brief hudless moment that you can screenshot. Or its right before you pause, I don't quite remember (its been a while).

And shaneus, I was wondering about this same thing. There's just so many games that are unreal engine, and so many that don't adhere to the tweaks antitrop posted. I think I'm going to move the UE link to tools, and then let specific games arise as they do. Also, holy shit Tocaedit. Definitely linking to that guy.

Also to note, I will do my best to quickly update the thread, and I appreciate notification like Alo did if I miss something.

Hey uhhh, you should double check the link you put for Wind Waker, I think you linked to the wrong thing.

This is a bit of trick, doable in a lot of games. Let's say you don't have a good way to remove the weapon, or maybe the HUD. Make sure to look for what you can do just within the constraints of the game's timing and mechanics. For instance, in many FPS's, you'll get a brief moment in between weapon switches or melees. If you time things right, you can get a weaponless shot. Same sometimes goes for the HUD, such as with Need For Speed: Most Wanted, in which you get a small HUDless moment after un-pausing. Good thing to try!

A lot of the TOCAedit things are FOV fixes and minor things. They'll help here and there, but his major mods are obviously the ones that enable free camera.

I feel we need to collectively convince him to do one for Spec Ops, Witcher 2, Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry... etc etc

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
A lot of the TOCAedit things are FOV fixes and minor things. They'll help here and there, but his major mods are obviously the ones that enable free camera.

I feel we need to collectively convince him to do one for Spec Ops, Witcher 2, Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry... etc etc

He hasn't updated his site since January, I think he may be on a bit of a hiatus.

Shaneus

Yup, it's probably worth linking to his site/file repository as some kind of thing, though. I know I saw a free cam/hudless thing for the recent releases of NFS:MW and NFS:HP. I wish there was an easy way to do it for the Bizarre Creations games, though. There's some amazing scenery/models in their three recent PC games (Blur, The Club and Bond: Blood Stone).

HUD removal, Free camera, Custom FOV

Camtool does it all

Read the readme! Controls are all in there

Example screenshots (courtesy of DeadEndThrills member Joanne Harper)

(this info was already posted but lacked that proper title and formatting requested in the OP - it's not that hard)!

oops. So sorry. i did read the rules, but as the day went on, i completely forgot about it. So ashamed right now D:
If you think it's necessary, MrRoderick, you can ask a mod to delete my post.

oops. So sorry. i did read the rules, but as the day went on, i completely forgot about it. So ashamed right now D:
If you think it's necessary, MrRoderick, you can ask a mod to delete my post.

Baha, no worries. Its a discussion thread too yknow. The 'proper posts' are for my ease to manage the thread :p

Top Bottom