• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Browny

Banned
You got some voodo!

Browny: India looking good ... India loses
Browny: Finch looking good ... Finch gets out

Please say England looking good next ;)
Just got home... phone battery is terrible. Finch got some banter whilst fielding on the boundary- took it in good humour.

Stokes and Morgan were on top form.

I'm quite drunk.

First time in Champions Trophy final .. very content with our side's performance today. The team held well and all that matters is to continue it. We really had nothing to lose, but how we ended up in the finals is going to be memorable.

Browny

Banned
Surrey off to an ominous start against Worcestershire - could be on for another high scoring game after yesterday's 750-odd game...

Lamel

Banned
Damn Pak is playing pretty damn well, let's see if India can bring it back here.

Edit: Damn good start by Shadab.

Amandeep

Looks like Pakistan are champions unless there is an unlikely miracle comeback

Edit: I will continue to believe in India until the very end COME ON Pandya!

Browny

Banned
Awesome performance by Pakistan. They've come good when they've needed to, and everyone's doing a great job.

India crumbling like... well, England or Pakistan...

Dynedom

I've said it before but if their game completely clicks, Pakistan is one of the only true global teams in cricket. It's a big if though but they've got future potential in guys like Fakhar, Hassan Ali and Shadab Khan. Scary potential.

They can play on pace pitches in places like England and South Africa if they truly put their mind to it and have no real issues on slow/flat pitches in Asia.

wachie

Pakistan's brilliance.

Sadly I don't think it will last because they won't protect these young guns and politics will find a way. The likes of Hafeez, Akmal, Wahab and other Inzi backed buffoons will continue playing.

Great win by the pakistani team. Congrats to the boys in green. And that hardik pandya innings was something special. He reminds so much of afridi for some reason.

The indian players had an off day today. Right from fakhar no ball dismissal you knew that it was not their day. But having said that, hthe pakistani bowlers were superb and Once kohli fell there was no chance of them chasing the target. Wish the teams played more cricket together regularly.

wachie

Great win by the pakistani team. Congrats to the boys in green. And that hardik pandya innings was something special. He reminds so much of afridi for some reason.

The indian players had an off day today. Right from fakhar no ball dismissal you knew that it was not their day. But having said that, hthe pakistani bowlers were superb and Once kohli fell there was no chance of them chasing the target. Wish the teams played more cricket together regularly.
Politics.

Amandeep

Anyone watching the women's World Cup? Hoping the Indian ladies can go on and win, though I don't really follow women's cricket so no idea if they're any good lol

The West Indian cricket team is the most disappointing thing since my son.

9oYQTcC.png

One of the Sri Lankan women just went off! 178 out of a total of 257 or 69.26% of the total. Can't find the female record but the men's record is 69.48% by who else but Viv Richards.

Edit: Found it, previous record was 61.94%!

Browny

Banned
Summer of Test cricket is upon us. Should be a great day for batting.

Fully expecting England to be 4 down by lunch.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Great innings. The one thing Root needed to do better is make big contributions, which he has done so far.

However, the continued problem of the top order has still not been resolved. Crazy.

Jezbollah

I didnt see the Cook dismissal but was surprised at him going so cheap - he's been by far the best batsman in the county championship this year.

I think number 2's all still a work in progress, which is a bit of a joke tbh

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I didnt see the Cook dismissal but was surprised at him going so cheap - he's been by far the best batsman in the county championship this year.

I think number 2's all still a work in progress, which is a bit of a joke tbh

Cook looked weirdly out of touch. The bowling was fine but not exceptional to him, a bit of swing but nothing unusual for someone like him to handle.

Browny

Banned
I nearly posted before the start of play, about England being skittled for around 200, and SA chasing down 300-320 on Monday. Thankfully that won't happen.

:-( even my thoughts are an effective curse

Top Bottom