• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Browny

Banned
Worcestershire, la la la, Worcestershire, la la la.

Won the 2nd division with 10 academy graduates, and might even keep all of them for next year
until we lose our first half dozen matches
. Getting a suitable overseas player is a priority for Rhodes, as is making sure the lesser players contribute more (I'm looking at you, Brown and Rhodes).

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
He tried to pick a fight with George Bailey, who is arguably the nicest guy in world cricket and good 1/2 a foot shorter.

He only STFU when Clarke threatened him a broken fucking arm via MJ.

So it is bad to be mean to an Australian cricketer, but not to threaten to break someone's arm?

I mean come on. Anderson is an arsehole on a cricket pitch*. He didn't assault people. There is no comparison. Stokes' assault is disgusting.

*He wouldn't be the first one, English or otherwise.

Typical Australia, it takes a dead rubber to get their act together.

That wasn't just a barfight, that was a full on vicious assault from Stokes. Can't imagine he'll walk away from that now that the footage has surfaced.

wachie

So it is bad to be mean to an Australian cricketer, but not to threaten to break someone's arm?

I mean come on. Anderson is an arsehole on a cricket pitch*. He didn't assault people. There is no comparison. Stokes' assault is disgusting.

*He wouldn't be the first one, English or otherwise.
He pushed some Indian player off the field. Might as well have punched him if he was drunk and near a bar.

Bullet Club

WlJThvn.gif

Papa

Banned
Wife: why do they call it cricket? That’s a weird name for a sport. Is it because the batsman is protecting his (cr)ease and w(icket)?

Mind blown.

Top Bottom