• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Characters and Places in Gravity Rush 2

Banga’s a mobile town – an odd mixture of residencies and boats that are home to miners and their families who make their living collecting gravity ore from the floating reef area below. Under the strict command of their leader Lisa, they regularly dock at other ports in order to stock up on supplies and conduct business.

28542108363_24655de0050u5s.jpg

Lisa is the strong and short-tempered leader of the Banga Settlement. Ever the realist, she inspires both fear and respect in the villagers but always prioritizes the safety of the settlement.

29083073931_87dd7ffa4s7usv.jpg

28542108033_9fce647e8giuc7.jpg

Vogo is a merchant, and head of “Sun Shipping.” He regularly does business with a variety of clients, and is rumored to be involved with the illegal buying and selling of military supplies. His plans for Banga are less than noble.

28542107803_b9960fc79amu6b.jpg

Cecie is a quiet and reserved girl who works as a herder within Banga. As Lisa’s adopted daughter, Cecie is usually on the receiving end of her mother’s strict teachings. When she runs away from home, Kat is asked to track her down.

28542108223_99ec6c824n6u00.jpg

Fi is Vogo’s bodyguard and close aide. His quiet and cold demeanor is accompanied by a proficiency in martial arts, and he regularly intimidates those who resist Vogo’s demands.

28873487130_493e946ab4musi.jpg

Misai is the top miner in Banga, and one of Kat’s biggest critics. His stubbornness leads him into dangerous mining missions in order to prove his worth.

28873487020_9a506774drbuhu.jpg

As a final glimpse of things to come, let’s take a look at one final new location: The Rift Plane.

28873487240_82c525b37mhuvj.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/24/the-new-characters-and-places-in-gravity-rush-2/

PseudoViper

I promised myself I wouldn't get hype, but damn, every time I see some news or information about Gravity Rush 2 I get super hype lol

CAN'T WAIT!

Krowzer

Neo Member
Oh man Lisa's making me sweat, wew.
All the new characters designs look fantastic, same with the world. Can't wait for this beauty.

am i supposed to know whos the guy sitting behind kat is or am i supposed to pretend he's not there? :|
I played the first game but that was wayy back when it came out on the vita so im pretty hazy on the events of the first game.

Kid Heart

Really looking forward to this game. I'm loving how the different districts in this game seem like they'll be a bit more varied then the last game. The floral area in that last screenshot also looks really pretty.

am i supposed to know whos the guy sitting behind kat is or am i supposed to pretend he's not there? :|
I played the first game but that was wayy back when it came out on the vita so im pretty hazy on the events of the first game.

that's Kat's boyfriend Syd, he's in the first game.

That's Syd from the original game.

Lime

I like how the only visible parts of her body is her face and her cleavage/boob window - everything else is covered. Disappointing character design once again unfortunately (for an otherwise visually impressive game series).

Exentryk

Never played Gravity Rush games, but the art design looks great.

What's the structure of these games? Is it like an RPG with some combat, cutscenes, boss, new area, etc.? Also, does the combat feel responsive/good?

wapplew

Never played Gravity Rush games. What's the structure of these games? Is it like an RPG with some combat, cutscenes, boss, new area, etc.? Also, does the combat feel responsive/good?

Openworld super hero game with some story mission dungeon.
Combat is good but can be repetitive in the first game, traversal is superb.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I like how the only visible parts of her body is her face and her cleavage/boob window - everything else is covered. Disappointing character design once again unfortunately (for an otherwise visually impressive game series).

Is she not supposed to be covered?

Ratrat

Im sure this is a joke, but it seems pretty consistent with how the other characters are designed.

Never played Gravity Rush games, but the art design looks great.

What's the structure of these games? Is it like an RPG with some combat, cutscenes, boss, new area, etc.? Also, does the combat feel responsive/good?

open world super hero game focused on traversal like inFamous and Spiderman.

the combat is simple, but can be challenging at first because it require you to navigate in 3d space and aim your flying towards your enemies. I really like it, especially with motion control in Vita.

Cool new characters, underwhelming new location. I suppose you can make a mining town only look so appealing though.

Nope, just friends. He's way older and isn't Kat underage?

Don't sink my ship yo.

i think she's legal by Japan standards

prwxv3

This is like one of the most modest designs of a female character I have seen in quite a while.

Shin-Ra

A few things look off about that bike pic but this is drop dead gawj.

(EU PS Blog Flickr has PNGs)
29118975631_bd3abcfa20_o.png

Cool new characters, underwhelming new location. I suppose you can make a mining town only look so appealing though.

Don't sink my ship yo.

So 12? Jk, jk. If i recall he skeezed on her a few times but I dont think the first game ever made them a thing. The new screenshots look amazing, the first game was such a suprise to me. This is easily my most anticipated of the year

Ferr986

Don't sink my ship yo.

I meant more in establish a relationship with a "bigger" age difference. I don't think it's common in Japan but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways there's really anything between Kat and Syd that would let you think they have something in 1. She actually liked that student dude, that it was more around her age.

Top Bottom