• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new Mega Man cartoon sounds dumb and bad

Source

CjZDlVgWUAEUL8J.jpg:large

Dentsu Entertainment USA and DHX Media have struck a global deal to develop, co-produce, distribute and jointly manage licensing for the new Mega Man animated series which was originally announced last summer. Man of Action Entertainment (Ben 10, Generator Rex, Big Hero 6) is executive producing the series that’s based on the classic video game franchise.

Under the terms of the deal, Dentsu Entertainment USA and DHX (Teletubbies, Yo Gabba Gabba!, the Degrassi franchise) will manage all global rights for the Mega Man animated series and will handle distribution and licensing in the U.S. Parent company Dentsu Inc, a leading Japanese animation producer and ad agency, will handle distribution and licensing in Asia, with DHX managing distribution and licensing in all other territories.

The original video game series was launched by Capcom in 1987. It followed the robot Mega Man who battled varying enemies across different environments while collecting new, strange weapons as he sought to defeat the nefarious Dr. Wily.

Aimed at kids 6 to 9, as well as parents who grew up playing the video games, the series will follow Mega Man’s newly-introduced alter-ego, Aki Light, a normal, upbeat, schoolboy robot who, when activated, re-forms into a suit of impenetrable armor. Other characters from the games and new characters, including Mega Mini, will also be featured.

The Mega Man animated series is set to air sometime in 2017, timed with the franchise’s 30th anniversary.

kill me

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I mean, it's targeted at 6 to 9 year old kids.

Edit:

In reference to the idea of adding in new cutesy characters and etc, as opposed to the art style.

tkscz

looks like it'll be an awful 3D CGI Shell Shaded cartoon that won't actually be that bad, but will still be boring.

Malajax

Ugh. You had one job, Capcom. ONE JOB! Make a nostalgia trip that appeals to adults and something cool for the kids today. What should be a timeless character keeps getting these redesigns no one wanted, and likely isn't needed.

Kyne

the series will follow Mega Man’s newly-introduced alter-ego, Aki Light, a normal, upbeat, schoolboy robot who, when activated, re-forms into a suit of impenetrable armor. Other characters from the games and new characters, including Mega Mini, will also be featured.

are you fucking kidding me.

would rather have a sitcom about middle aged BB megaman.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Megaman looks as dead on the inside as the rest of his series

L Thammy

I actually always wanted a cartoon of the regular life of Mega Man (maybe I should watch Astro Boy). Rock and Roll seem really cute. But I have no faith in this cartoon, and making him a school boy just makes it sound more generic.

Ah okay. Its one of those super low budget cg shows that usually air at 12 in he afternoon on nicktoons or some shit. Nothing interesting to see here

That art is pretty awful.
People complain about Adventure Time and Steven Universe having bad art
they're wrong
but how can you complain when generic stuff like this is still so common. Doesn't even look like they tried.

Top Bottom