• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New NEW Adventures of the GAFcast Episode 006 : TGS Edition (now with video)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
This week we bring you our thoughts on the Wii showing from last week and all the happenings of TGS. This episode also marks the first time we have ever done the podcast with all of us sitting in the same room. The podcast also features a new "Real Gaf heroes". Stay tuned for a Videocast of the show coming in the next couple of days. Just in case you were wondering why you would want to watch the videocast there are some special extras not in the audio podcast, and also what's better than getting to look at us talk to each other?

Direct download link (Audio version)

GAFcast main page

Subscribe to the GAFcast:

Video Courtesy of Google Video
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8630408375561758809&hl=en

JCX

What software do you all use to record this? The radio station I'm on uses cool edit for big stuff or editor plus.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
A_Lee_N said:
why do you say it's a video podcast when it's an .mp3 ?

Am I missing something?

This is the audio version. A video version will be up soon.

Captain N

iTunes is trying to download the MP3 and it having one hell of a time..stuck at Zero KB. Maybe I'm the only one with this problem?

Gazunta

Perfect timing guys, just about to head off to work :)

Nope, not downloading in iTunes for me either :/

<3 gafcast

hyp

awesome, can't wait for the videocast. hopefully it's a nice change from the coverage we've been seeing on the more "popular" websites.

Amir0x

Banned
hm, the complaints about games being more of the same are odd! More of the same great games with amazing graphics is fine by me, where is the problem!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Amir0x said:
hm, the complaints about games being more of the same are odd! More of the same great games with amazing graphics is fine by me, where is the problem!

Really agree with you.

I'd like both...but don't dock either because of what they are.

Amir0x

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Really agree with you.

I'd like both...but don't dock either because of what they are.

I guess the division is:

Are great games boring to you now <---> Are great games still great to you now

If you're getting bored of games, you fall into the one camp that believes we need change drastically. If you fall into the other camp, you don't care... you want those great experiences to continue being as great as they always will, but with greater scale and graphics.

Odysseus

Banned
Nvidia said:
3rd to post :)

EviLore said:
Please don't do that.

Nvidia said:
To EviLore, my answer to your request is No:D

Nvidia
Banned
(Today, 05:28 PM)
Reply | Quote

:lol

Amir0x said:

I really REALLY cannot stand the "it brings nothing new to the genre" complaint levelled in so many (p)reviews and podcasts and such. So QFT.

Mrbob

Oh noes, haven't even listened to it yet but we have the same "Games are all the same w/ BETTER GRAFIX" argument once more? Ugh. I'll tell you what, this argument is more stale than the games coming out.

I'm sure the PS3 got lumped in with the 360, but correct me on this if I'm wrong. The PS3 does come packaged with a full functional motion sensing controller, right?

Odysseus

Banned
Mrbob said:
I'm sure the PS3 got lumped in with the 360, but correct me on this if I'm wrong. The PS3 does come packaged with a full functional motion sensing controller, right?

Well, that doesn't exactly make it better, now does it? :(

Mrbob

Odysseus said:
Well, that doesn't exactly make it better, now does it? :(

We'll have to wait and see for sure. It just cracks me up when I hear talk of Sony doing nothing new, but yet the system comes packaged with a motion sensoring controller which is completely new, and Sony has pretty big plans with Eyetoy 2.

Factor in things like Blu Ray, CELL, PS3 is pretty much the definition of new from top to bottom.

joaomgcd

Just a question: why was the metadata on the #3 and #4 episodes fine, but #5 and #6's metadata is not filled out at all?

Amir0x

Banned
Question of the Week

1. What was your biggest surprise of TGS?

Well, you said it... White Knight Story. I love Level 5, and didn't expect their game to be revealed so soon... but the actual graphics melted my mind.

Mrbob

Thead bomba bomba?

Anyway, for the QoTW, I have to go with White Knight Story as well. Level 5 are action RPG pimps, but even WKS went above my expectations. Seeing the concept art of these massive scaled creatures in the game, I get the feeling we are about to experience an acton/rpg unlike anything before.

Amir0x

Banned
Mrbob said:
Thead bomba bomba?

Anyway, for the QoTW, I have to go with White Knight Story as well. Level 5 are action RPG pimps, but even WKS went above my expectations. Seeing the concept art of these massive scaled creatures in the game, I get the feeling we are about to experience an acton/rpg unlike anything before.

it was also the ultimate moment of 'pics don't do the game justice.' Never has it been more true than with White Knight Story. Basically if you're judging a true next-gen game by a pic, you're gonna end up with pie on your face.

Top Bottom