• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the NEW NEW art thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So I need help with my art skillz. Right now I'm drawing food from my sketchbook, scanning it in, and touching it up in Photoshop.

Drawn pattie:

pattie.jpg

Photoshop'd:

pattie2.jpg

What would you guys recommend I do to really make it stand out more?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So I really REALLY loved Iron Man (saw it in theatres 3 times) So I decided to do this piece. The entire thing was done in photoshop.

Here's the original art I did (Sorry about the huge size):
IronManhalf.png

I also did some wallpapers too for fun (I'm not too good at background so I decided to keep it simple)

1650x1050

1260x800

I would love to get any advice or critiques, anything and everything is welcome.

Adumaha said:
So I really REALLY loved Iron Man (saw it in theatres 3 times) So I decided to do this piece. The entire thing was done in photoshop.

Here's the original art I did (Sorry about the huge size):
IronManhalf.png

I also did some wallpapers too for fun (I'm not too good at background so I decided to keep it simple)

1650x1050

1260x800

I would love to get any advice or critiques, anything and everything is welcome.

Ironman almost looks 3D-rendered somehow.

What's your technique, generally speaking?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
From about a month ago, messing around with some new techniques in Painter, etc

dancer_girl.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Raging Spaniard said:
From about a month ago, messing around with some new techniques in Painter, etc

dancer_girl.jpg

Awesome job, love the colours. I've been meaning to get into painter, but software prices are way out of my pricerange.

Laguna X said:
These last two works look great, but you may want to post them in the new art thread.

But this thread has TWO NEWs in the title

OK

Rorschach

Laguna X said:
These last two works look great, but you may want to post them in the new art thread.
"I couldn't find a thread for NeoGAF members to post and criticize each others artwork, so yeah!"

Hey, not our fault he can't search properly!

Yes, I realize you can't search for "art". :\

Dude should have at least linked to this awesome thread if he's gonna kill it.

Damn, there's some pretty good talent here in GAF. I'll bite:

spq.jpg

Just messin' around with my new BAMBOO FUN.

samusxsammy_by_fahm.jpg

Something straight from my sketchbook, sorry 'bout the crappy scan. Uh, that was supposed to be like Samus, but, well, it looks absolutely nothing like her.

joetachi

Since every one is doing it i say why not me.
Sea_creature_speed_paint_by_joe_tachi.jpg

alternate_universe_Zuko_by_joe_tachi.jpg

looking_at_a_genius_color_by_joe_tachi.jpg

Im very amateurish in photoshop i only really started getting how it works a few months a go.

Can we start a new art thread? this one is huge already.

Anyway, I have a problem. I just bought a wacom tablet and I cant get it to work on my computer. I install from the disc and then when it comes to registration it just stops and then I get a message that sasy "macromedia projector has stopped working" or some shit. I looked some stuff up online and sinceI have a laptop that uses vista I read that I had to download and install the drivers so I did and still got the message. Im not sure what Im doing wrong. Can anybody help?

my name is ed said:
Can we start a new art thread? this one is huge already.

Anyway, I have a problem. I just bought a wacom tablet and I cant get it to work on my computer. I install from the disc and then when it comes to registration it just stops and then I get a message that sasy "macromedia projector has stopped working" or some shit. I looked some stuff up online and sinceI have a laptop that uses vista I read that I had to download and install the drivers so I did and still got the message. Im not sure what Im doing wrong. Can anybody help?

I'm pretty sure everyone moved over to this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294420

I'm trying to get back on the horse, but it's mostly dragging me behind it with my leg caught in the stirrup. :lol

Doodles from work.

SpeedRacer.jpg

Friday seems to be my new Sketch Jam day, hopefully.

Dali

The Take Out Bandit said:
I'm trying to get back on the horse, but it's mostly dragging me behind it with my leg caught in the stirrup. :lol

Doodles from work.

SpeedRacer.jpg

"Arts and Farts" is the new new new art thread. See the post above your post for the link.

The Take Out Bandit said:

Doodles from work.

SpeedRacer.jpg

No pussin' out on wheels duder! You need some refresher on doing ellipses in perspective? I just taught this exact lesson on Tuesday. Let me know if you're stuck.

I see most of you guys paint videogame or comicbook things but anyone here intressted in abstact paintings?

I came across this one while on google

Modern_Abstract_Painting.jpg

I think its awesome and I want to ask you experts if you have any good links to other modern abstract paintings like this?

Need some inspiration for my upcoming painting.

I also want to ask you guys something I am guessing I wont get an aswer to.

way back in 1990s, I saw a photo of a painting, it was in a illustration book, dont think the painting had any brushstrokes it was just paint sort of splashed and dropped on to the canvas,,, the entire painting was Red like blood and it looked like a man with freddy cruger fingers..... I remember my art teacher said that these guys in that magazine was the best illustration painters in the world and I think that magazine that had a photo of that painting came out like 4 time each year or maybe less.......... anyway I really want to see that painting again but I have so far not seen anything like it online... dont know the name of the painter nor the magazine :(

highrider

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
Uhh these are a couple of character design comps I tried out in the last couple hours. Some feedback would be appreciated.[QUOTE/]

like them both. you blend 2d with a touch of depth nicely. i'm partial to the kid with the robotic arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom