• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the NEW NEW art thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timo

the old art thread is getting a bit big and old, so i thought there should be a new one.

cyclops.gif

you assholes get to creating!

Ark-AMN

Banned
I haven't done any 2D art in ages. Maybe I'll post some of my 3D portfolio work once I get the nerve up to do it. :lol

Rather, more like when I polish it some more.

EDIT: Ah what the hell. Here's a pic from my Unreal Level. Kind of crappy angle, I'll see about getting another one later.
TempleCity.jpg

Lassic

Neo Member
Hey DM_, I think you have an amazing gift. I had to post just to give you props on your work. I really like it.

Papi

I'm planning to graff the back on a Lee denim jacket so i could wear it out and do rad 80s bboy poses.
I'm going to have lettering at the top and an image at the bottom.

He's the basic outline work of the lettering and some very simple colouring.
I haven't figured out what colours i'll use for the final piece yet.

hmmm.jpg

Oh yeah. I don't do graffiti. This is my first attempt at doing this type of shit.

I took my tablet to work last week and made these while I was on my lunch break:

redhead.png

This is a character for my website, drawn in a style similar to Ren & Stimpy's.

swamp_monster.png

I was driving to my friend's house one night and as I crossed a bridge, I thought I saw something like this sitting on the bridge. It was just a pile of leaves and shit on a post but the image stuck with me until I was able to draw it out.

I'm gonna be launching my website pretty soon so I should have more stuff to put in this thread, since I'll finally be drawing regularly again.

Edit: Ok, the image quality was ass on the GIFs so I reloaded them as PNGs. I made them both in Flash, by the way. Acer + Flash 8 = hot sex. I love me some vector art.

Jacobi

Banned
Amazng work. All I can offer you are two monkeys.

Although stuff always seems scanned so much worse...I guess it has to do with the way the brain works...

Jacobi

Banned
WordAssassin said:
swamp_monster.png

I was driving to my friend's house one night and as I crossed a bridge, I thought I saw something like this sitting on the bridge. It was just a pile of leaves and shit on a post but the image stuck with me until I was able to draw it out.
That is a Pokemon.

AniHawk

And this is why I'll never ever post my stuff ever.

Ever.

I suck at art. Wanna see a HAND? lol I've drawn a HAND!

Seriously though, all your stuff is really cool.

Uselink, my jaw dropped in amazement.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I'll post pictures of my GCSE artwork once im allowed to take it back. Ive got two painting on canvas, a soft pastel artwork, A massive piece of wood with stencils of famous football players and I also made a trident

Jacobi said:
Yup. Well it was simply the first thing to come into my mind, when I've seen you picture.
That's terrible. While I was drawing it, people walking by and looking over my shoulder were saying it was an evil Cousin It with eyes.

Dammit Nintendo. :lol

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
DM_Uselink said:
I havent kept up with my art recently...this is the latest I've done.

oldmanjinkins11od.jpg
That is ****ing amazing. Do you do any art related job or is art just a hobby? Someone like you could be really successful doing charatcer art or something similar.

muerte.jpg

redsorn123fo.jpg

freds11mf.jpg

I've posted these over at the concept art forums. I'm not sure if I've posted em in the old art thread.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

psycho_snake: Thanks. Nah, I work at a video store :lol I'd like to do it proffesionally someday...perhaps I need to go to art school first.

KingGondo

Banned
Amazing, DM. How long do each of those take? If you can crank them out, you should work on a graphic novel--I bet tons of writers would kill for a talent like yours.

Filter

DM, your pics are freakin awesome!!
you don't need no art school.

here are a couple of crummy pics from me:
insect-head_web.jpg

outside_web.jpg

Ark-AMN

Banned
DM, you clearly got major talent, you do not need art school. (I did because I couldn't draw, or knew the fundamentals)

If you've gotten this far learning on your own, then you can easily learn other things on your own like 3D packages and so on. Or, if concept art is your thing, I'd create a portfolio of your best work and submit it to company's that are in need of a concept artist. I think your stuff is good enough for that work.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
DM_Uselink said:
psycho_snake: Thanks. Nah, I work at a video store :lol I'd like to do it proffesionally someday...perhaps I need to go to art school first.

What?! Just from looking at what you posted I'm really surprised you're not doing this professionally. I'm with AMN, put together a portfolio and make the rounds. Even if they don't bite, I'm sure they'll help you get you where you need to be... you've got a lot of potential.
If you're self taught then I'd only consider going to school for things you can't get a good handle by yourself. Or if you want to pick up sequential art or storyboarding (which pays nicely) I shop around for a good school.

I'll post some of my own craptacular art when I get back from work.

With all the arguing I'm doing over in the CARS thread I remembered this I did about a year and a half ago, shortly after first getting my tablet.

HotRodney.gif

Then of course there's the picture that my avatar is from, but I'm pretty sure I've already posted that one before.

Shit I need to get to work on some new stuff. :O
Sucks because all the NEW NEW art I've been doing recently have all been animations. Hrm...

Thanks again everyone.

I guess im my own worst critic... I never felt any of my stuff was portfolio-worty....but im getting over the artist angst shit so i definitely want to get my portfolio going. Hopefully you guys will se something from me on a professional level in the near future.

KingGondo: the time varies... some take from 30mins-1hr and others take me weeks (damn artist-block) the ones i've posted here took me a couple of hours spread out in a few days.

P.S. thanks to my girlfriend who gave me a intous for christmas :)

genjiZERO

This is the first art project I've done in about a year (no time sadly). This was for my friend's band who just cut their first record. I did everything from the pictures, to the type, to the design, etc.

Cover

Back

CD:

Rejected Elephant... Sadly

I like your pre-art school work better. :( So much cooler looking and more... free and creative. Just... really cool looking.

Do you have any other post-AI work?

WordAssassin said:
I like your pre-art school work better. :( So much cooler looking and more... free and creative. Just... really cool looking.

Do you have any other post-AI work?
RiZ III said:
Awsome. Love the style.
Thanks! :) I'm actually an Interior Design major, so my post A.I. stuff may be a bit boring to you guys. : P

This isn't the finished version - you'll have to ask Will for that one : P. Gave it to him as an original:
streamlinegirlandflower6ju.jpg

From WAY back in high school:
ray4tc.jpg
picture0734be.jpg

More post-A.I. stuff:
CD cover for Image Manipulation class
gd140cdcvrfnl1bcsprng06copy4rg.jpg

gd140cdcvrfnl2bcsprng06copy3ag.jpg

Color Theory stuff:
fishgradientremix4el.jpg

picture0092at.jpg

Luckett_X

Banned
never participated in a GAF art thread, but hey, might as well!

It was my degree show a month or so ago, and I had a double sided flyer printed on 1/3rd of A4 sized card to promote my stuff coming out in July:

flyers.png

Got 200 of the things left, need to distribute them somewhere that makes sense! I'm pretty damn proud of how they turned out. Had stuff printed before, but this was very much my own stuff.

Anyway, I'm sure i'll pimp my stuff in its own topic here just for the giggles of GAF's unrelenting negativity towards all things!

DM_Uselink said:
I've posted these over at the concept art forums. I'm not sure if I've posted em in the old art thread.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Are you self taught? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom