The New Xbox One Experience Beta |OT| Beta tested in the future

Jul 13, 2015
Every time I turn on my Xbox, it will sign me in but it will appear as if I am not connected to Live. Nothing Live-related will load/display, despite my network settings saying "everything's good".

Signing out and back in seems to fix it, though.

Feb 11, 2014
Canada eh
Interesting how the NXOE beta is encouraging me to use the Kinect more. Sometimes the dash will slow to a halt and it becomes easier to switch apps via voice command than pressing the guide button.
Yeah thus bothers me quite a bit. I put two seperate forum posts regarding this on the preview forums. One regarding my concern with the 2-3 second delay and subsequent loading of all your pins and recent activities and the other to give us the option to double press the guide button to switch to the most recent app.

Using voice to switch apps is lightning quick now but voice doesn't always work for me and I'm often in a situation where Iwant to quickly switch between game and tvw

Apr 6, 2006
Sweden
I think I finally got the update after signing up, it was a pretty big download, over 1GB. Now it's stuck around 60% into "Updating..." and the progress bar hasn't moved in about half hour. What should I do? It says that I shouldn't turn it off. But the HDD isn't making sounds anymore, nothing is happening.

(EDIT) Found this, might help someone else: http://www.*****************/2015/1...ate-of-preview-microsoft-provides-workaround/

Apr 4, 2014
I think I finally got the update after signing up, it was a pretty big download, over 1GB. Now it's stuck around 60% into "Updating..." and the progress bar hasn't moved in about half hour. What should I do? It says that I shouldn't turn it off. But the HDD isn't making sounds anymore, nothing is happening.
You have to do a hard reset, boot up the console again and the update should continue.

You could also try unplugging Kinect or an external harddrive.

Apr 9, 2012
Pull the plug and when you turn it back on it'll say it finished then try and update again. It was the official response from Microsoft. Make sure you get on the preview forums and report that it happened.

Jun 23, 2013
Kuwait
www.luckygg.com
Hmmm, been having trouble with some games resuming from standby, some just relaunch entirely and other times another game just decides to launch instead. Example: The Witcher 3 was on standby, upon powering on FFXV Episode Duscae launched automatically instead.

Anyone else with this issue?

Will report this if I'm not making some dumb mistake.

EDIT: Resuming from Instant-on state, just to be clear.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Oct 21, 2013
Has anyone else experienced hard crashes in-game or mic failures?

Last night while playing Destiny my Xbox hard crashed (totally shut off) and the default headset also stopped working.

Jun 23, 2013
Kuwait
www.luckygg.com
Has anyone else experienced hard crashes in-game or mic failures?

Last night while playing Destiny my Xbox hard crashed (totally shut off) and the default headset also stopped working.
Happened once to me with The Witcher 3, hard restart rectified it. Now I'm saving my progress manually every 5 minutes lol

No idea about the mic issue though haven't used it heavily yet.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Oct 21, 2013
Ok glad I'm not the only one.
I'm guessing the mic issue is something with my controller. These Lunar White controllers don't seem very reliable. (Have replaced two already)

Apr 22, 2013
Had to opt out and go back

Sign in wouldn't work
External storage kept disconnecting
Controller would sync

And yeah I know its a beta but too many bugs ATM. I gave my feedback and now rolling back.

Jan 9, 2007
Hmmm, been having trouble with some games resuming from standby, some just relaunch entirely and other times another game just decides to launch instead. Example: The Witcher 3 was on standby, upon powering on FFXV Episode Duscae launched automatically instead.

Anyone else with this issue?

Will report this if I'm not making some dumb mistake.

EDIT: Resuming from Instant-on state, just to be clear.
Yup having problems too... mainly i thought because it doesn't auto sign me in, takes about 5 seconds then says profile change so boots me out my progress. Or most of the times just doesn't resume anyway...

May 17, 2015
I can't load the friends in the guide. If I hard reset i can, but after a few minutes it stops showing them :/

But the thing that upseat me more is the skype not working on background. I need it :(

Feb 18, 2013
I had to unplug my living room Xbox several times today, and had it hard crash a few times. The USB TV Tuner appears to be a real issue, as does Kinect in my case.

Apr 27, 2014
r/xboxone - Cortana is available in NXOE(for US region)

For whatever reason, if you go to the settings tab on the guide, you can move up once. Hit the A button a few times and you will snap cortana.
Microsoft might want to rehide this - there's no privacy clause etc covering it yet, or settings around data collection (in fact in the screenshot it says it has been listening to discover your interests, haha).
When you fire up Cortana for the first time, it asks for permission to collect your data and turn on some stuff.

Cortana settings also appear in Settings/System.

Jul 4, 2013
Finally got in today. The layouts are amazing. It's going to take some time to get used to. It's still a little rough in parts but that's understandable. Don't have much time to play during the week so I haven't played anything.

As the core that they're going to build on for the future. It is very eye catching. I like the simplicity of the PS4's OS, but it doesn't come close to the beauty of this. How good this will be overall as an OS? We shall see