• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Xbox One Experience Beta |OT| Beta tested in the future

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting. There's a definitely divide in opinions on performance in the Battlefront thread. For me it sucks.
So I had a bit of a bash for about 45 mins as I'm not having any issues (except for the fact it looks... poor).

Is the friends app broken for anyone else. It keeps disappearing from my pins and when I open it it just goes to the store. Now how am I supposed to view my clips and screens without going through upload studio.

Bsigg12

Is the friends app broken for anyone else. It keeps disappearing from my pins and when I open it it just goes to the store. Now how am I supposed to view my clips and screens without going through upload studio.

Once the Community tab is finished, you'll just go there.

Every time I turn on my Xbox, it will sign me in but it will appear as if I am not connected to Live. Nothing Live-related will load/display, despite my network settings saying "everything's good".

Signing out and back in seems to fix it, though.

Majine

Banned
Slightly Off-topic, but that moment when you plug in an external HDD and your storage percentage goes from 98% to 14%.

Awww yiss.

RowdyReverb

Interesting how the NXOE beta is encouraging me to use the Kinect more. Sometimes the dash will slow to a halt and it becomes easier to switch apps via voice command than pressing the guide button.

Wait, you can change background images now? I remember earlier in this thread people were saying that it was kinda borked atm. I was afraid to try incase it messed up my current one.

Slightly Off-topic, but that moment when you plug in an external HDD and your storage percentage goes from 98% to 14%.

Awww yiss.

It really is a wonderful feeling.

Interesting how the NXOE beta is encouraging me to use the Kinect more. Sometimes the dash will slow to a halt and it becomes easier to switch apps via voice command than pressing the guide button.

Yeah thus bothers me quite a bit. I put two seperate forum posts regarding this on the preview forums. One regarding my concern with the 2-3 second delay and subsequent loading of all your pins and recent activities and the other to give us the option to double press the guide button to switch to the most recent app.

Using voice to switch apps is lightning quick now but voice doesn't always work for me and I'm often in a situation where Iwant to quickly switch between game and tvw

mike4001_

I think I finally got the update after signing up, it was a pretty big download, over 1GB. Now it's stuck around 60% into "Updating..." and the progress bar hasn't moved in about half hour. What should I do? It says that I shouldn't turn it off. But the HDD isn't making sounds anymore, nothing is happening.

You have to do a hard reset, boot up the console again and the update should continue.

You could also try unplugging Kinect or an external harddrive.

Bsigg12

I think I finally got the update after signing up, it was a pretty big download, over 1GB. Now it's stuck around 60% into "Updating..." and the progress bar hasn't moved in about half hour. What should I do? It says that I shouldn't turn it off. But the HDD isn't making sounds anymore, nothing is happening.

Pull the plug and when you turn it back on it'll say it finished then try and update again. It was the official response from Microsoft. Make sure you get on the preview forums and report that it happened.

Yaqoub

Hmmm, been having trouble with some games resuming from standby, some just relaunch entirely and other times another game just decides to launch instead. Example: The Witcher 3 was on standby, upon powering on FFXV Episode Duscae launched automatically instead.

Anyone else with this issue?

Will report this if I'm not making some dumb mistake.

EDIT: Resuming from Instant-on state, just to be clear.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Has anyone else experienced hard crashes in-game or mic failures?

Last night while playing Destiny my Xbox hard crashed (totally shut off) and the default headset also stopped working.

Yaqoub

Has anyone else experienced hard crashes in-game or mic failures?

Last night while playing Destiny my Xbox hard crashed (totally shut off) and the default headset also stopped working.

Happened once to me with The Witcher 3, hard restart rectified it. Now I'm saving my progress manually every 5 minutes lol

No idea about the mic issue though haven't used it heavily yet.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Ok glad I'm not the only one.
I'm guessing the mic issue is something with my controller. These Lunar White controllers don't seem very reliable. (Have replaced two already)

Saiyan-Rox

Had to opt out and go back

Sign in wouldn't work
External storage kept disconnecting
Controller would sync

And yeah I know its a beta but too many bugs ATM. I gave my feedback and now rolling back.

besiktas1

Hmmm, been having trouble with some games resuming from standby, some just relaunch entirely and other times another game just decides to launch instead. Example: The Witcher 3 was on standby, upon powering on FFXV Episode Duscae launched automatically instead.

Anyone else with this issue?

Will report this if I'm not making some dumb mistake.

EDIT: Resuming from Instant-on state, just to be clear.
Yup having problems too... mainly i thought because it doesn't auto sign me in, takes about 5 seconds then says profile change so boots me out my progress. Or most of the times just doesn't resume anyway...

kaioshade

I'm pretty sure at this point it's prob going to be easier to wait for the final to come out. Going second week into October and nothing. There won't be enough time to properly test this dashboard.

U2NUMB

I am sorry but basic things like actually triggering buttons I hit over and over needs to be in the build by now ugh... I have had to restart my console for minor things so many times...

I can't load the friends in the guide. If I hard reset i can, but after a few minutes it stops showing them :/

But the thing that upseat me more is the skype not working on background. I need it :(

gossi

I had to unplug my living room Xbox several times today, and had it hard crash a few times. The USB TV Tuner appears to be a real issue, as does Kinect in my case.

Tomash

r/xboxone - Cortana is available in NXOE(for US region)

For whatever reason, if you go to the settings tab on the guide, you can move up once. Hit the A button a few times and you will snap cortana.

Microsoft might want to rehide this - there's no privacy clause etc covering it yet, or settings around data collection (in fact in the screenshot it says it has been listening to discover your interests, haha).

When you fire up Cortana for the first time, it asks for permission to collect your data and turn on some stuff.

Cortana settings also appear in Settings/System.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
is there a way to change or remove the washed out grey background that gets applied over the background image? It makes everything look terrible.

mujun

Please tell me that I'm going to have more control over what's on my hard drive and be able to navigate it more easily.

Finally got in today. The layouts are amazing. It's going to take some time to get used to. It's still a little rough in parts but that's understandable. Don't have much time to play during the week so I haven't played anything.

As the core that they're going to build on for the future. It is very eye catching. I like the simplicity of the PS4's OS, but it doesn't come close to the beauty of this. How good this will be overall as an OS? We shall see

The Flash

Banned
So after using it for a couple of days I feel safe in saying that overall NXOE is good but I would not be surprised if its release gets pushed to December. Still needs lots of work.

For the love of god please tell me there's a way to get out of the new dashboard update.

Within the last 3 minuted I've encountered atleast 10 errors and my xbox has completely crashed and restarted 3 times today.

mboojigga

Microsoft might want to rehide this - there's no privacy clause etc covering it yet, or settings around data collection (in fact in the screenshot it says it has been listening to discover your interests, haha).

The privacy setting is there along with the privacy statement.

For the love of god please tell me there's a way to get out of the new dashboard update.

Within the last 3 minuted I've encountered atleast 10 errors and my xbox has completely crashed and restarted 3 times today.

Yes, opt out, but you have to factory reset your console

Top Bottom