• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the news from Jpn mag this week?

xfactor

Banned
Kidou Senshi Gundam: Giren no Yabou - Axis no Kyoui V (scan available)
- Feb 12 09, PSP 5500 yen PS2 6800 yen
-5 difficulties, 90% done
- RX-105 Xi Gundam, RX-104FF Penelope, FA-010A FAZZ, MSZ-006A1, RX-121, MSZ-008 ZII、RB-79N

Gundam Musou 2 PS3/PS2/360 (scan available)
- New modes: Terminal, Mobile Suit Lab
distantmantra said:
Here is some of the info from the Gundam Musou 2 article:

Playable units:
Gouf Flight Test Type
Z'Gok
Zaku Tank
Rick Dias
GM Commando
Bound Doc
Ball
Re-GZ
Zeong
Jegan
Byarlant
Zaku II

Playable pilots:
Rosamia Badam
Four Murasame
Cecily Fairchild
Lacus Clyne
Lunamaria Hawke
Sleggar Lowe (!!)
Dozle Zabi

Devil Survivor (scan available)
- Battle System Explanation
- boxart released
- one of the screenshots show 3 DS lite between 2 characters (not sure what it means)

Dissidia FF (scan available)
- Cloud & Sephiroth alternate costumes (Advent Children Cloud & Shirtless Sephiroth)
- Final Fantasy museum
- 3 install type (Battle, Battle + Story, Full)
- can save replay of match and play 'em in avi format, take screenshots etc
- Shantotto is not part of the main storyline
- something
- 5 minutes clip to be played on December 15th on Jpn tv (during Game Center CX?)
- no story mode for Chaos characters
- FF12 will be represented in the game in some form (last remaining slot for the character lineup?)

Shin Sengoku Musuo Multi-Raid (scan available)
- up to 4 players
- can improving weapons

Arcana Heart 2 PS2 (scan available)
- 2d fighting game

Idolmaster SP
- monthly catalog DLC

Review
[NDS] Elebit 7,8,8,8
[NDS] Wall-E 6,6,5,5
[NDS] Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals 7,7,7,7
[NDS] Rekishi Adventure: Quiz San Goku Shi Tsuu DS 6,5,4,5
[NDS] Souhashiki Gadget Robo 7,6,6,6
[NDS] Rekishi Gunzou Presents: Monoshiri San Goku Shi 6,5,5,7
[NDS] Chocobo 8,8,8,8
[Wii] Yattaman 6,6,6,4
[Wii] Major Dream: Major Wii Nagero! Gyroball 4,4,4,3
[Wii] Rygar: The Battle of Argus 7,6,6,5
[Wii] Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 8,8,8,8
[Wii] Wall-E 7,6,6,5
[PS3] Wall-E 7,6,6,6
[PS3/360] Winning Eleven 9,9,9,8
[PS3/360] Mirror's Edge 8,8,8,6
[360] Banjo-Kazooie 7,7,6,6

Shaun White Snowboarding - Ubisoft - PS3/PSP - Feb 5th
Skate 2 - PS3/Wii/360 - Feb 12nd

Star Ocean 4
8950 Yen 3 DVD pack
a new character is shown
human holding an axe weapon

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
xfactor said:
Dissidia FF (scan available)
- Cloud & Sephiroth EX mode
- 5 minutes clip to be played on December 15th on Jpn tv (during Game Center CX)

I think you got it wrong. It's alternate outfits for Cloud and Sephiroth, some information on Shantotto, and the EX-Modes for ExDeath, Bartz, Zidane, and Kuja. It also has an interview confirming XII representation and lack of any XIII one.

xfactor said:
Gundam Musou 2 PS3/PS2/360 (scan available)
- New modes: Terminal, Mobile Suit Lab

Did Famitsu reveal a rumored final playable mobile suit this week?

Bandai wasn't kidding when they said the PSP would be the new console for Gundam titles. I'm surprised we haven't seen a PSP port of Gundam Musou yet.

xfactor

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
I think you got it wrong. It's alternate outfits for Cloud and Sephiroth, some information on Shantotto, and the EX-Modes for ExDeath, Bartz, Zidane, and Kuja. It also has an interview confirming XII representation and lack of any XIII one.

sorry for the bummer

Here is some of the info from the Gundam Musou 2 article:

Playable units:
Gouf Flight Test Type
Z'Gok
Zaku Tank
Rick Dias
GM Commando
Bound Doc
Ball
Re-GZ
Zeong
Jegan
Byarlant
Zaku II

Playable pilots:
Rosamia Badam
Four Murasame
Cecily Fairchild
Lacus Clyne
Lunamaria Hawke
Sleggar Lowe (!!)
Dozle Zabi

Brofist

Andrex said:
Such an odd choice of platforms.

What exactly is odd about it? 360/PS3 is automatic. So you think the PS2 version is odd? It's probably the system with the biggest Gundam game fanbase.

Ydahs

kpop100 said:
What exactly is odd about it? 360/PS3 is automatic. So you think the PS2 version is odd? It's probably the system with the biggest Gundam game fanbase.
I think he found it odd becuase of the lack of a Wii version.

Tain

buncha useless shit

and motherfucking Arcana Heart 2 PS2.

bring it

also include a "no-pander" complete art swap option please.

edit: oh and maybe tats v capcom

Ydahs

lupin23rd said:
I thought those are usually in a non-Famitsu mag - is this a non-Famitsu week?
I recall someone mentioning Jump magazine. I'll check in last weeks thread.

EDIT:
Tenbatsu said:
New Tales info in next issue of Famitsu, not sure its real not.
Guess it wasn't true...

Ydahs

Straight 8s for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Not bad! What is bad is its chances of getting an AU release...

Boerseun

Banned
Ydahs said:
Straight 8s for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Not bad! What is bad is its chances of getting an AU release...

Actually, those scores are suspiciously low considering the feedback we've been getting from people who've played it.

Capcom moneyhatting reviewers to score TvC low to protect SF4 hype train CONFIRMED!!

Firestorm

Wait there's supposed to be another Tales announcement? Although shouldn't their Tales event be later this month anyway? The one where they announced Vesperia at last year?

xfactor said:
Kidou Senshi Gundam: Giren no Yabou - Axis no Kyoui V (scan available)
- Feb 12 09, PSP 5500 yen PS2 6800 yen
-5 difficulties, 90% done
- RX-105 Xi Gundam, RX-104FF Penelope, FA-010A FAZZ, MSZ-006A1, RX-121, MSZ-008 ZII、RB-79N
Can't find the scan but this is so totally expected, all Giren no Yabou games get a revision. Well the PS2 port not that much expected since they didn't port the original, like with Gundam Musou.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I found the 1up article regarding it, and well, the "cons" are quite silly.

But yeah, it scored high for a fighting game.

BluWacky

Firestorm said:
Wait there's supposed to be another Tales announcement? Although shouldn't their Tales event be later this month anyway? The one where they announced Vesperia at last year?

They've already had Tales Festival this year, I don't think there's anything else coming up.

The DVD pre-order bonuses with both editions of Hearts come with a trailer of the next Tales game (like when Rebirth came with a trailer for Legendia), so there'll certainly be some news in a couple of weeks although whether it's just video footage of the Wii game they announced in the summer I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if magazine articles were planned for this week but were put back when Hearts was delayed to the 18th.

I'd love it to be a new Team Destiny game as I believe only some of their team worked on Hearts and we've just had a Team Symphonia game.

BluWacky said:
They've already had Tales Festival this year, I don't think there's anything else coming up.

The DVD pre-order bonuses with both editions of Hearts come with a trailer of the next Tales game (like when Rebirth came with a trailer for Legendia), so there'll certainly be some news in a couple of weeks although whether it's just video footage of the Wii game they announced in the summer I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if magazine articles were planned for this week but were put back when Hearts was delayed to the 18th.

I'd love it to be a new Team Destiny game as I believe only some of their team worked on Hearts and we've just had a Team Symphonia game.

Correction.

They had a pure Tales event around summer every year (or around then). Last year, that's where they announced Dawn of the New World and Innocence. Then, they had another event at Jump Festa in December, where they announced Vesperia.

This year, I think it was at their earlier event where they announced Hearts and RM2.

At the same time, they mentioned they were making a new Mothership game for the Wii, and they actually showed a trailer at Nintendo's October conference, and we were actually lucky enough for someone to sneak in a screengrab of it.

It's highly assumed they'll hold another event at Jump Festa (which if I'm not mistaken, is on the 20th till the 21st), and there we'll finally see the new Wii Tales in full.

WOAH! I just checked out the Jump Festa website, and look at what companies are having booths!

http://www.jumpfesta.com/booth/index.html

Some examples such as Nintendo, Sega, Marvelous, Atlus, Bandai Namco, Capcom, etc! :O

Hope we'll see Sonic and the Black Knight playable for the first time, and some new Wii games from Marvelous.

Then again, the event is mostly about Anime, so it's more than likely instead, that Marvelous will just announce a new Hitman Reborn game or something. Sega has that Haruhi Wii game right?

But Nintendo?...

Edit: Apparently it pays to check their booth listings with the Translator...

Clicky.

Sega has Let's Tap, Bleach, and Phantasy Star Zero. I'm checking the others right now.

Edit: Looks like Arc Rise Fantasia is being shown.

Can stormbringer or duckroll accurately translate these so that they can confirm what I'm making out?

Dascu

Hero of Legend said:
WOAH! I just checked out the Jump Festa website, and look at what companies are having booths!

http://www.jumpfesta.com/booth/index.html

Some examples such as Nintendo, Sega, Marvelous, Atlus, Bandai Namco, Capcom, etc! :O

Hope we'll see Sonic and the Black Knight playable for the first time, and some new Wii games from Marvelous.
You can see what they have planned by clicking the logos.

Regardless, there's a small chance that they could announce something. Enough to get the hype train going. I predict Kid Icarus, Skies of Arcadia 2, No More Heroes 3, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Boob Calibur and Strider Rebirth.

biocat

JUMP FEST Stuff

Atlus:
Katei Kyoushi Hitman Reborn Southern Cross Battle - Card Game

Capcom:
Monster Hunter Tri - Wii
Sengoku Basara Battle Heroes - PSP
Street Fighter 4 - PS360
Monster Hunter Card -Card Game

Konami:
Lots of Yugioh games and misc. card games.
Dracula Judgment - Wii

Koei:
Shin Sengoku Musou Multi Raid - PSP
Saihai no Yukue - DS

Square:
Dragon Quest 9 - DS
FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS FINAL FANTASY XIII
KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2Days - DS
CHRONO TRIGGER - DS
Cid and Chocobo Fushigi Dungeon Tokiwasure no meikyu DS+ - DS
Chocobo and the magic picture book Majo to shojo to 5 nin no yuusya - DS
FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES ECHOES OF TIME - DS/Wii

Sega:
Phantasy Star 0 - DS
Bleach Versus Crusade - Wii
Let's Tap - Wii

Sony:
Bleach Heat the Soul 5- PSP
Bleach Soul Carnival - PSP
Patapon 2 - PSP
Locoroco 2 - PSP
Little Big Planet - PS3

Takara Tomy:
Wii Naruto game and more DS Katei Kyoushi games

Nintendo:
DSi
Animal Crossing City Folk - Wii

Hudson:
Hard Working People - Wii

Bandai Namco:
Dragon Ball Z Infinite World - PS2
Tales of Heart - DS
Tales of The World Radiant Mythology 2 - PSP
Naruto Naltimate Storm - PS3
One Piece unlimited Cruise 2 - Wii

Marvelous:
Arc Rise Fantasia - Wii
Katei Kyoushi Hitman Reborn kindan no yami no delta - Wii/PS2

That's about it game-wise that's on the page you listed. There should be more I would imagine.

BluWacky

Hero of Legend said:
Correction.

They had a pure Tales event around summer every year (or around then). Last year, that's where they announced Dawn of the New World and Innocence. Then, they had another event at Jump Festa in December, where they announced Vesperia.

Ohhhh, I forgot about Jump Festa (for some reason I always think Squenix have a monopoly on Jump Festa announcements). My bad.

What I'd REALLY like them to announce, actually, rather than a new Tales, is a European release date for Vesperia. After the abysmal PS2 port of Symphonia, the generally naff Legendia and for some reason never getting around to Abyss, I just want a positive 3D Tales experience...

duckroll

Guys, I just realized that the new Tales might actually be unveiled BEFORE Jump Festa. Both preorder bonus DVDs for the ToH CG Edition and ToH Anime Edition list a "Latest Tales of... title PV" on the contents, and the ToH Blog entry from Nov or so confirms that the DVDs will carry the promo video for the the "latest Tales of title" from "a certain event". It doesn't look like they're referring to TotW RM2, so this might be the trailer from the Nintendo Conference? ToH is out on the 18th, 2 days before Jump Festa...

Top Bottom