• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The next Nintendo Direct ‘will focus on third-party games’, it’s been claimed.

Oberstein

Also going to cry that it's probably another year without Metroid Prime 4.
VfODGuP.gif

After so much waiting, and despite the development reboot, I can't believe they still have nothing to show. We'll see.

Kacho

Gold Member
Third party announcements were more interesting at this point anyway:

-Persona
-FF Pixel Remasters
-Goldeneye
-Batman Arkham
-Mario+Rabbids
-Mega Man Match
-Long shot but the rumored Banjo game could be multiplat
-Square apologies for the shitty KH cloud bullshit and announces some real ports.
Agreed. The west being ultra obsessed with Zelda is obnoxious as fuck. Broaden your horizons folks.

Last edited:
So they are TRYING to piss off the Nintendo fans. Got it.

It doesn’t take a genius in marketing to read the room and just post “We will have a general Nintendo Direct in the near future” That’s ALL Nintendo has to do. Then they can do all the crappy things they want without pissing everyone off like a fire emblem direct, a Xenoblade direct, a partner mini direct, a turd direct, it’s all good.

P.S I enjoyed the Xenoblade direct and it did get me interested in the game, but as a Nintendo fan I’m pissed and disappointed at no regular direct yet. I want to get HYPED for Nintendo announcements, I love that shit.

Last edited:

jdforge

Banned
Nintendo always says to expect something when it comes to Directs then breaks that expectation over and over.

Erm Nintendo literally say nothing about upcoming Directs and just shadow drop them when they want / can be arsed.

The expectations are from fans and it always, always gets out of hand. It’s part of the cycle.

Erm Nintendo literally say nothing about upcoming Directs and just shadow drop them when they want / can be arsed.

The expectations are from fans and it always, always gets out of hand. It’s part of the cycle.

Um. No. They very often say "this will be a Direct focusing on titles for this year only" and then show Metroid Prime 4. Keep up.

S0ULZB0URNE

We're getting Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, and Bayonetta still this year. And the Switch is continuing to outsell the PS5. I think Nintendo is doing okay.
I don't play sales,portable gaming usually does better than home console gaming but you have to go off topic console warring like the troll you are.

Maybe I should report your post?

On topic something trolls can't stay on... that lineup is disappointing and I am hopeful for some more news.

blacktout

Nintendo generally announce Directs one or two days before they drop and in that announcement they will often say something like "focused on games releasing this year," and then the Direct itself will usually include the announcement of a couple of first party titles releasing outside of that window. Also, outside of 2020, which was an absolute shitshow for obvious reasons, Nintendo has followed a pretty regular schedule for their General Directs during the Switch Era: three Directs a year. One in late winter/early spring (often February), one in June (previously during E3), and one in September (around the time of Tokyo Games Show). It's possible that they're going to break that pattern this year and not do a standard June Direct, but we won't know that until next week, and, personally, I would bet that Nintendo sticks to tradition and we get a pretty normal General Direct next week with a mix of first and third party announcements, just a couple weeks later since there was no E3.

I think Metriod Prime 4 is gonna to be cross gen.

You know, I would have fought you on this point a year or two ago, but now ... You're probably right. Metroid Prime 4 is probably Holiday 2023 at the earliest, and the Switch 2 (or whatever) is probably Holiday 2023 or Spring 2024, so it lines up.

Fucking fuck. At this point it feels like Metroid Prime 4 was rebooted 10 years ago and they're just hoping we forget about it because we'll never hear about it again.

Kacho

Gold Member
Wasn’t Capcom rumored to be working on an exclusive RE game for Switch? I wonder if that will show.

Aurelius

Metal Slug Tactics
Skyrim: Anniversary Edition
Persona games
No Man’s Skies
Return to Monkey Island
Mario + Rabbits

giphy.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yeah sure, lets get that persona switch port hype going.
Its kind of hard for me get excited about that since I played P3-5 multiple times.

I rather get remaster/port of this game.
153618-250191.jpg

Muramasa is the game that NEEDS come to modern systems.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Don't forgot Odin Sphere! Best Vanillaware game
The thing is I already can play that on my PS5, same with Dragons Crown and 13 Sentinels and GrimGrimoire I coming out soon, but Muramasa is the only one stuck in a dead system and frankly my Vita is not in a good shape.

The thing is I already can play that on my PS5, same with Dragons Crown and 13 Sentinels and GrimGrimoire I coming out soon, but Muramasa is the only one stuck in a dead system and frankly my Vita is not in a good shape.
I still have my Vita and played Odin Sphere Remaster on there. The PS2 OG is in my top ten PS2 JRPGs of all time

Also is GrimGrimoire Remaster coming over here?

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?

Play with your Wii you filthy animal.

Top Bottom