• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Nintendo PlayStation Auction Is Now Live

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
I assume this is the one that Ben Heck got working.

To be honest, it should have been left in original condition. Even if it wasn't working.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Didn't the guy say he turned down offers of $1m? I hope, for his sake, this goes higher.

DESTROYA

Didn't the guy say he turned down offers of $1m? I hope, for his sake, this goes higher.
Who cares how much it goes for, either way he’s going to get a lot of money for a plastic box, hope it doesn’t go higher than what it is now.
The guy saying he turned down a $1m offer is probably BS , probably trying to inflate or drive up the price.
If someone is stupid enough to buy this good for them .

FeiRR

Banned
If the auction goes the way it seems, I'll be able to say I saw the most expensive console in history in person. Unfortunately, it was in a glass cabinet so no touching :messenger_weary:

jshackles

Bids are up to $145,000. Impressive.

jshackles

$280,000 and climbing...

Porcile

Shame it's nothing more than an interesting SNES shell. Like if their was some unique one of a kind software to go with it then that'd cooler.

SpiceRacz

That’s cool. What did you think of it?

I played a beat 'em up on it and wasn't impressed. It is cool seeing the Playstation logo on a SFC controller though. Not sure why the dude and his dad didn't sell the thing for the million or whatever when they had the chance.

Pallas

Gold Member
$360,000 now... if I was rich and had stupid money to throw, I’d still not spend that much on this. It’s really neat and cool but that’s ridiculous.

On another thought, if I was rich, I’d open up my own local game shop and put that baby behind protective display case with electric traps, radioactive laser beams and a few guard dogs to show off.

Seriously though, I want to know who bid $360k

Arkam

$360,000 now... if I was rich and had stupid money to throw, I’d still not spend that much on this. It’s really neat and cool but that’s ridiculous.

On another thought, if I was rich, I’d open up my own local game shop and put that baby behind protective display case with electric traps, radioactive laser beams and a few guard dogs to show off.

Seriously though, I want to know who bid $360k

Lucky Palmer is the $360k bid (per his twitter)

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I assume this is the one that Ben Heck got working.

To be honest, it should have been left in original condition. Even if it wasn't working.

Yeah. With most antiques, if you mess with anything it ruins the value. Can't believe this would fetch a ton since it is now a Frankenstein's monster. Stupid!

Grinchy

Banned
The guy said that if he had sold it for $1.2M, then after paying taxes and splitting it 50/50 with his son, his portion would all go to paying off his debt. So he had like $400K in debt or somewhere around that, I'm guessing.

I have no idea why he would turn that down and take a chance on an auction.

Top Bottom