• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The No Holds Barred Castle Crashers Official Thread of Broken Netcode and Crash Bugs

Proven said:
I was feeling sort of curious and decided to drop in on their blog, and lookie here, a new blog post:

http://www.castlecrashers.com/

castle crashers blog said:
Xbox360fanboy.com messaged me earlier to ask about the status of the title update and I talked briefly with them about what’s been going on. You can read that article here.

I talked about how we’re getting closer to the end of the process (finally) and briefly touched about the data loss issue, networking issues, and other bugs that will be addressed in the title update. I read a lot about people who are frustrated with a 3 month wait for this update to come out and how they don’t understand why it takes so long. It’s all really frustrating since we can’t be completely open about every little detail that goes back and forth between Microsoft as we’re not supposed to comment on the certification process and what bugs were fixed, and how long everything takes, and every other detail that we’re desperately willing to discuss.

At any rate through all the positive discussion on our forums, negative comments, positive emails that make our day, angry emails from people who think we’ve fled the country with their money, etc, etc, our programmers/testers have been working quietly and diligently behind the scenes trying to get everything sorted out for a release. When I say programmers/testers I want to emphasis that we’re about 12 people sitting in a office/kitchen working our fingers to the bone (more kitchen than office).

OK, to finish this up we have no specific time frame for the release as the entire update and certification process is entirely under MS discretion. What can I say you ask ? Well we’ve addressed the data loss issues, networking issues, and other random bugs that we were able to fix. John mentioned back in October that the title was sent to Microsoft for testing and certification and that information still holds true to this day. Testing and certification have several different steps and we’ve been trying to get through them all. More information to come as I receive it.

Thanks and if you have any questions I’ll be answering them in the comments.

-Emil-

saves people the click.

Brannon

On the bright side, we can all wait for another true spiritual successor to Guardian Heroes, or the actual Guardian Heroes if Treasure would get off their asses and DO IT.

What could have been, what is, what may never be. They all hurt.

bounchfx

Ken Masters said:
I've never felt so robbed for paying for a game then this

I disagree, I think it's one of the best games on 360 by far, problem is one of the main functionalities the game was advertising is absent. the game is still there, just.. not really online.

if it just didn't take so fucking LONG to get the patch out.. this has to be some sort of record

Brannon said:
On the bright side, we can all wait for another true spiritual successor to Guardian Heroes, or the actual Guardian Heroes if Treasure would get off their asses and DO IT.

Embrace me, and let my manly warmth guide you through these dark times.
rb9rb7.gif

Maybe they will release the patch as a Christmas present to us all! Or instead put up another blog post of all the cool free things their drooling fanbase sent them as gifts while we get jack squat.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Aaarggh, every single time with the bumps and no patch! This is like that affair thread in OT.

Brannon said:

That would rock so hard. I really want to play GH but I can't find my Saturn controllers.

:(

Can't play my X-Men vs. Street Fighter either, but at least I got Tatsunoko vs. Capcom to compensate.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Everytime I see this thread bumped I always think the update is out. I'm so sad...

It's just so weird that pretty much every other game gets patches out quickly and with little fuss. I understand they're a small dev team, but still...

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
BenjaminBirdie said:
God fucking seriously. It's not like there's a sudden outcropping of new sentiment.

Some of us are actually looking forward to playing the game when the patch comes out.

When the patch is out Im sure there will be a new thread. This thread is for the lulz

So am I going to get all my weapons/animals/characters back when the patch comes out? The day I started it and saw all my stuff was gone, I switched to Street Fighter and vowed never to play CC again.

bistromathics said:
Stop bumping this thread!!

Jesus who the fuck bumped this thread. For the last time, STOP BUMPING THIS DAMN THREAD UNTIL A PATCH IS RELEASED. We don't care about blog updates or anything else remotely related to this game unless it contains the words patch released.

AkuMifune

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
God fucking seriously. It's not like there's a sudden outcropping of new sentiment.

Some of us are actually looking forward to playing the game when the patch comes out.

But this thread should not be bumped until the patch is available. Why the hell should we be supporting products that are unplayable when the developer isn't providing any support to us?

The same way the Brodeo thread should never be bumped because it breaks our hearts.

Not that GAF is the place to institute a moral high ground, but it would be nice if we petitioned threads where the game has abandoned us.

epmode

Searched, and I'm kind of amazed that I haven't seen this posted yet:

http://forums.thebehemoth.com/viewt...k=t&sd=a&sid=59f1984081a847e3be6740f8fc10d522
I just heard from Emil that Microsoft has approved our Title Update and will be going live with it around 2 am (Pacific Coast time) on Wednesday.

That's right, Title Update late tonight :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D

We'll be making a detailed Dev Blog post tomorrow outlining the specifics (and before that a Preview in the members only "Dev Blog Preview" section of the forums).

Thank you all for your support, patience, comments, and suggestions! We :arrow: you endlessly, and wish you a fantastically fantastic holiday!

love,
The Behemoth

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Holy shit, someone actually bumped this thread with something relevant. I was getting all ready to nerd rage this shit.

Bout. Fucking. Time. Behemoth.

Nif

Hopefully it works. :D

I have some friends getting their 360s for Christmas and I suggested this. Will be nice to be able to play online.

Here's the dev blog on their forums which will be posted tomorrow.

Early Tuesday morning we received news that the title update had officially passed certification and was ready for release. After some extensive testing and fixing (or as some might say “tinkering”) the update is now ready for release. In theory the update should go live Wednesday at 2AM PST however I’m not sure if that’s exactly the time, either way it comes out December 24th at some time of the day

Some of the issues that we’ve addressed with this update are:

# Saved data loss issues
# Quick Match/Custom Match multiplayer games not working/displaying error messages
# Xbox LIVE games dropping unexpectedly
# Arena Master achievement will now unlock after any mixed arena matches.
# Overall network performance improvements
# A few crash bugs
# NXE related issues
# Boomerang exploit is now resolved
# Alien Hominid can now drop the pitchfork!

There are other issues as well and I’ll be gathering the full list and making another update as soon as I can gather all the info together. On behalf of everyone here at The Behemoth I want to thank those who helped out with awesome feedback and support. Although we couldn’t give you daily updates or an exclusive look into the inner workings of how a title update is developed and released we hope that the information that was provided helped inform everyone a little bit more on the process. Thanks again, and we hope you all have a safe holiday break.

I'll update tomorrow :D Sounds great though.

xbhaskarx

It's been so long that I don't even remember how long it has been since I stopped caring.

I'll play it again if they ever release some DLC levels (characters/weapons/orbs will not be enough).

poweld

Me either. I was dropped about 15 seconds after entering a level. Back to the drawing board, boys! Few more months should do it. :lol

DarkAngelYuna said:
Too little, too late.

Translation: "I'm not going to play an awesome game because of some silly vendetta I've developed over Microsoft's notoriously awful certification process!"

This sounds like a great plan.

In other news: Hooray! My save data is no longer fucking up.

poweld

Sega1991 said:
Translation: "I'm not going to play an awesome game because of some silly vendetta I've developed over Microsoft's notoriously awful certification process!"

This sounds like a great plan.

In other news: Hooray! My save data is no longer fucking up.
Well, it's definitely too late. As far as too little... it wouldn't be if it weren't for the fact that I still couldn't get a match to play out.

It's pretty embarrassing, really...

Top Bottom