• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The No More Heroes series is over, says SUDA51

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Goichi Suda – otherwise known as Suda51 – took to Twitter today to draw a line under the series, informing fans that this was the end of the road for its hero Travis Touchdown.

“This game is called No More Heroes 3 Final Bout: All-Out Galactic War,” he joked. “Or it was going to be called that, but the subtitle was just too long so we ended up taking a hint from the Rocky series and simply going with No More Heroes 3 instead.”

“As hinted at with the ‘Final’ thing, Travis Touchdown will finally be coming to the end of his final battle, and will be embarking on a much-deserved, long journey. Join him as he goes absolutely buck wild in the Garden – no, Cosmos of Madness!

“Now, carrying with it a thousand thoughts, I run along the Thunder Road once more. As one journey ends, the crimson bike falls into a deep sleep.

“Goodbye, Travis. Goodbye, No More Heroes. Goodbye, fleeting moments and days. Farewell, to all Travis Touchdowns everywhere.”

jaysius

Banned
3 really is a good number for any series. 4ths in many games have been huge mistakes, and awful. Most people get sick of characters after 3 complete series entries. If you “need” to make a 4th with new characters scrape the IP and come up with something derivative of your base ideas, don’t be so fucking lazy and risk averse.

Kuranghi

I'm surprised people are saying its bunk, as Ben Moore from EZA loved it and he seems to know what he's talking about generally with these type of games.

Ppeople in this thread, whats bad about it in your opinions?

jigglet

Banned
I honestly didn't get the hate for the over world in #1. It was so small you could literally get anywhere you wanted within about 30 seconds.

Chupanibre

It was never good 🤌
rCrlrtc.png

ethomaz

Banned
It was never good 🤌
Well the two first games were good imo.
It is just that 3rd one is sub par compared with the other 2… I’m not even sure what they were thinking changing a lot of know things in the franchise.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
It is just that 3rd one is sub par compared with the other 2… I’m not even sure what they were thinking changing a lot of know things in the franchise.
Honestly the second one was already meh compared to the first imo.

even the first at a certain point i really didn’t care.
Madworld seemed more fun 🥲

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m playing the 3rd game now and I can safely say I like it more than the 2nd game, there is lot of things 2nd game did that did not liked compare to the 1st game and 3rd is much more closer to what I personally liked about 1st game.

Fbh

I refuse to believe 3 can possibly be worse than 1.
I played like 3 hours of 1 earlier this year and it was easily one of the worst games I've played in the last 10 years.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

good combat , overworld looks bad. I can tell there will be lots of padding in side quest style games and pop culture references. So just like the other two games. Which I played. Not sure about this though. Maybe I’ll pick all the switch
Games up at one point.

I know fans will overlook some downsides to the game. But I dunno.

Last edited:
Having played the first two, NMH3 looks like visually disappointing after hoping that the game would improve significantly since the first game.

Based in video reveals, the game looks rough. Reviews ain't kind either, but that shouldn't count much since the game was always a cult hit.

What's more disappointing is SUDA 51.

So much potential with their crazy ideas, but they just never managed to adapt to modern gaming and create anything worthwhile since the PS3/XBOX360A days.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
The complaints in this thread are silly. NMH were always "bad" but charming games.
The complaints are silly because some people like ethomaz never even played the game for once and are only looking at the mixed or poor reviews while ignoring several of the good ones. Really lame to act like the game is averaged at like 5 or 6/10 when in reality most critics would recommend the game.

Arsic

Gold Member
I'd love to see him go back to more silvercase but not as a visual novel. Maybe an adventure game with detective elements and some light gunplay.

Or hell Let It Die 2

Astral Dog

Its a little sad in a way, but if this is the end at least they managed to release a fun send off. At least suda will continue making games

Top Bottom