• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NX Prediction / BSpeculation / Fanxiety Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphinx

the piano man
Thread Update:

After I tried to get people to predict when we'd get NX general info, Emily Rogers, someone kwown to have connections with nintendo insiders, said that we'd get info these coming days. Other gaffers with access to this sort of info confirmed Emily's claims:

As I said on Twitter earlier today, I expect something to come this week and will be legit surprised if nothing happens.

after that, Neogaf bursted in Hype and mods decided to keep it here in one place. New news will be posted if/when they appear, there is nothing official as of Wednesday afternoon, nintendo hasn't opened their mouths at all, you don't need to read all the 100+ pages if that's what you are looking for.

Neogaf's Moderation team has an issue with huge hype megathreads that rely solely on unofficial twitter accounts (rumor, leaks, etc) and in this case, because Emily Roger's has been very upfront about her claims, Neogaf is taking the following stance:

All right, since it's clear this thread is only about one thing:

1.) If Emily Rogers is wrong on this one, as judged at the end of Friday, we're prohibiting future Emily Roger posts and discussion.
2.) This thread will also get shut down and you'll have to wait for actually believable new news on the system in order to have a new thread, or wait until Nintendo's fiscal call on the 26th.

If you want further explanation as to why the moderation team has a problem with this type of threads, here a comment by Nirolak

We don't want threads that are just constant GIF spams, train pictures, and "OMG I'M GOING TO EXPLODE!!!" posts, along with scouring the internet for every last unbelievable rumor and giving it a platform, which encourages people to post even more BS.

This is why we keep rebooting these threads around actual rumors and new points, even if they're pretty light.

------------------------------------------------------------------

(THIS WAS THE ORIGINAL THREAD CONTENT BEFORE IT TURNED INTO HYPE-MEGATHREAD)

it's sunday and we have no NX info, just several NX speculation/opinion threads so let's make this.

For every question, choose ONE of the 5 possible options.

1) When will nintendo announce that theyll fully reveal their new NX console?

.- Q4 2016
.- Q1 2017
.- Q2 2017 (E3 is here)
.- Q3 2017
.- Q4 2017

2) When will Nintendo fully reveal the NX?*

.- Q4 2016
.- Q1 2017
.- Q2 2017 (E3 is here)
.- Q3 2017
.- Q4 2017

3) When will the NX be available in stores?

.- Q1 2017 (Nintendo said March 2017 so if you trust them, this is what you choose)
.- Q2 2017
.- Q3 2017
.- Q4 2017
.- Beyond, in 2018

4) Joker Question Name ONE first party IP you think will appear in the NX's launch window (3 months after release) that isn't Zelda.

RULES

.- Quote, erase the question and just put your answers like this, add a comment to encourage dialogue

1.- Q4 2016
2.- Q1 2017
3.- Q1 2017
4.- Metroid (lol)

.- you can't change your votes as soon as question 1 is answered by nintendo. things will unfold at differente points in time so just vote and leave it there.

.- "Fully reveal" means we will see the hardware itself, the final name, and how it works. Comments by nintendo representative aren't considered (for example, someone form nintendo confirming it's an hybrid in a random twitter post)

.- Release means whichever part of the world gets it first. If they release first in Japan and months later elsewhere, the correct answer is the japanese Launch.

.- I will count votes and we will see how GAF trusts nintendo or not at the end of it all.

Have fun and please behave. (I'll vote later)

FINAL UPDATE,

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, the results til Post 301, 102 users (with valid entries, or entries I could somehow understand or interpret)

Sorry no graphs!! anyone wanna help??, i'll give proper credit!

1.- when will nintendo announce they'll reveal the NX?

.- 89 users believe in Nintendo's words, and believe they'll talk about NX before the year end in Q4 2016

.- 13 users believe Nintendo will remain silent til next year and that they will wait til Q1 2017

2.- When will the NX be revealed (full blown reveal)?

.- 62 people remain optimistic and believe we'll see the hardware before years end, Q4 2016

.- 27 people think we will see it in Q1 2017

.- 12 people think it will suffer a major delay til Q2 2017

.- 1 person believes the full blown reveal will take place in Q3 2017

3.- When will it be on shelves somewhere on planet earth?

.- 70 people think it will be on shelves somewhere in Q1 2017, as nintendo promised

.- 9 people think it will have a minor delay to Q2 2017

.- 10 people think it will be released in Q3 2017 (really? in summer? odd time to launch)

.- 11 people think this will be a Q4 2017 launch

.- 2 person thinks it will be released beyond 2017 (probably joke posts)

4.- Which first party series will make it to the NX's launch window?

Super Mario, 12 users
Smash Bros 12 users
3D Mario 11 users
Splatoon 9 users
None/No answer 9 users
WarioWare 7 users
Animal Crossing 7 users
Pikmin 6 users
FX-Zero 3 users
Mario Kart 3 users
Metroid 2 users
Pokemon 2 users

the rest got just one mention but here they are (some are jokes so don't mind them)

Chibo-Robo
Excite-Series
Captain Toad
Luigi's Mansion
Yoshi&Rabbids
Mario Maker
Miitomo
NES Soccer HD
"Third Party Game mention" (FFXV)
Kid Icarus
Mario Sports
WiiSports
The Mysterious Muramasa Castle
Eternal Darkness
Captain Rainbow
Custom Robo
Waluigi Galaxy
Ice Climbers
5D Mario.

-------------------------------------------------------

Comments:

.- I want nintendo to announce the reveal in Q1 2017... just to see the world BURRRN.

.- it's surprising that people think a mario game is more likely than pikmin which was confirmed by Miyamoto.

% Data:

1.- Announcement of the Reveal...

Q4 2016: 87.13% users
Q1 2017: 12.87% users

2.- Actual reveal takes place...

Q4 2016: 61.38% users
Q1 2017: 26.73% users
Q2 2017: 11.88% users
Q3 2017: 0.99% users

3.- NX on shelves...

Q1 2017: 67.32%
Q4 2017: 10.89%
Q3 2017: 9.90%
Q2 2017: 8.91%
Beyond: 1.98%

4.- The IP on launch window

Super Mario, 11.82%
Smash Bros 11.82%
3D Mario 10.89%
Splatoon 8.91%
None/No answer 8.91%
WarioWare 6.93%
Animal Crossing 6.93%
Pikmin 5.94%
FX-Zero 2.97%
Mario Kart 2.97%
Metroid 1.98%
Pokemon 1.98%

and all others 0.99% each one.

thanks everyone for watching! now the thread can get locked if mods feel like it :)

Man, I can't get behind this hype/anticipation for the reveal. I hope the reveal is worth all that wait.

1: Q1 2016
2: Q2 2017
3: Q3 2017
4: Mario

1) When will nintendo announce that theyll fully reveal their new NX console?

.- Q1 2017

2) When will Nintendo fully reveal the NX?*

.- Q2 2017 (E3 is here)

3) When will the NX be available in stores?

.- Q3 2017

4) Joker Question Name ONE first party IP you think will appear in the NX's launch window (3 months after release) that isn't Zelda.

3d Mario.

5)
When will this thread be locked.

Tomorrow at latest.

cacildo

I predict this thread will be locked if people start to have fun

If its just depressing than the mods will let it be open

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
is this some kind of meme/joke I am not aware off?

is this thread really that bad an idea?

Idk man but mods have been locking these kind of threads and asked people to just wait for the actual reveal.

sphinx

the piano man
Idk man but mods have been locking these kind of threads and asked people to just wait for the actual reveal.

I can understand but this could be an interesting document when everything is said and done, if I were a mod I'd be curious to know whether people really trust nintendo regarding their dates.

I will do my part and keep count of everything, if it remains open

MSMrRound

Way too much NX threads going around GAF.

Honestly I feel that people should just lay off the speculation and wait for concrete news to appear.

f I were a mod I'd be curious to know whether people really trust nintendo regarding their dates.

Nah, more than anything, there are quite a few number who are sick and tired of seeing NX spectulation threads popping up all the time in GAF.

MoonFrog

1: This fall/holiday season
2: This fall/holiday season
3: Next March
4: Zelda. Think next big Nintendo release will be summer, fall or holiday. Possibly 3D Mario or Retro studios game. Maybe both if we're lucky, one summer, one holiday. Guessing 2017 March Zelda, 2017 Holiday Mario, and 2018 winter/spring Retro to round out first year.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Way too much NX threads going around GAF.

Honestly I feel that people should just lay off the speculation and wait for concrete news to appear.

GAF reply:

WpR4D.gif

More and more, I feel like GAF mods really ought to make a rule about no NX discussion until Nintendo confirms an announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom