• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official first week of July Japanese Magazine news thread

duckroll

Okay, keep all your speculation and lolz and crap to the CT DS thread. We don't need it here too. This is for people to discuss news as we know it and for it all to be in one place.

Jump:

Chrono Trigger DS - revival of an old classic

Tales of Hearts - New DS Tales title

Tales of the World Radient Mythology 2 - PSP title, sequel to RM1

Famitsu:

Ryu ga Gotoku 3 has began development (so Kenzan was a spinoff after all?)

Wind of Nostalgia - DS, Tecmo/Red Entertainment, Developed by Matrix

Dragonball DS - Bandai Namco, Developed by Game Republic

When there are nice pretty scans or I find the mag or if someone posts more confirmed info, it will be in here. Keep your happy banhappy speculations and nonsense to the CT DS thread please! Thanks! :D

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Chrono Trigger? Never heard of it!

MY SEDATIVES WHERE ARE THEY??

Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 is another GREAT suprise, Kenzan interests me but I'm all for more modern japan yakuza action.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
What are the chances of Tales of Hearts being another outsourced DS Tales game? 90%?

Oh Namco.

farnham

Banned
chrono trigger ds -> day one

Oh Okamoto... now he makes licensed stuff... Dragon Ball DS looks like the first DB game Ill buy eva though (JSS does not count)

tales of heart blows me away... what did they do with the illustrations

batbeg

New Tales games should = awesomeness, but for the fact that they'll probably never be released in English and the CG for Hearts looks ugly as sin. Anyone know for sure if it's 2D or 3D?

Not yet found a lot about those others, kind of interested in Matrix's other game, should be interesting.

The Famitsu scores have been posted, but at a banned site and still in Japanese. No scan yet.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Error said:
What are the chances of Tales of Hearts being another outsourced DS Tales game? 90%?

Oh Namco.

Dammit, what is Team Destiny doing?

They are a AAA RPG team, make them do something worthwhile like a fresh new RPG, rather than doing remakes of older games.

Jiggy

Day one on Chrono Trigger.

Not sure what to think on Tales of Hearts. I adore Tales; I loathe CG. Its actual anime art is fine, but the CG stuff can die in a fire, leaving me torn. :/ Guess it doesn't matter too much since there's probably close to zero chance it'll be released in English anyway. Would buy TotW 2 if it got translated, but I'm not exactly expecting that either.

duckroll said:
Tales of the World Radient Mythology 2 - PSP title, sequel to RM1
Sequel in storyline or just style?

lupin23rd

For RGG3, didn't Nagoshi say he was working on a few games back at the PS Premiere last year? I would've assumed it was already in the works before this confirmation.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GOTOKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

Hcoregamer00

Jiggy37 said:
Day one on Chrono Trigger.

Not sure what to think on Tales of Hearts. I adore Tales; I loathe CG. Its actual anime art is fine, but the CG stuff can die in a fire, leaving me torn. :/ Guess it doesn't matter too much since there's probably close to zero chance it'll be released in English anyway. Would buy TotW 2 if it got translated, but I'm not exactly expecting that either.

The CG style could be that they wanted to "westernize" the game to make it appeal to an outside market.

There are Americans (Like me) that adore the anime style, there are others that are completely repulsed by it and would avoid amazing games because of it.

Jiggy

Hcoregamer00 said:
The CG style could be that they wanted to "westernize" the game to make it appeal to an outside market.

There are Americans (Like me) that adore the anime style, there are others that are completely repulsed by it and would avoid amazing games because of it.
I know. :( I hate the Westernization of Japanese games, and not only because I far prefer anime art. It's more that I want diversity in my entertainment, instead of everything converging toward some halfway point. :/

Hcoregamer00

dark steve said:
I kind of wish they'd put the regular Tales games on the PSP and the Narikiri games on the DS....

Personally I don't care, because the most important part is that no matter what console it is on, it wont get released in the states because the previous Radiant Mythology game sold terribly.

On the other hand, a more westernized style may mean that they are giving a handheld tales one last chance.

rykomatsu

Jiggy37 said:
I know. :( I hate the Westernization of Japanese games, and not only because I far prefer anime art. It's more that I want diversity in my entertainment, instead of everything converging toward some halfway point. :/

This is exactly why I hate games designed with a "global appeal"

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
duckroll said:
Ryu ga Gotoku 3 has began development (so Kenzan was a spinoff after all?)

Could actually be the game that prompts me to buy a PS3, seriously.

rykomatsu

Id. said:
Wind of Nostalgia is a cool name.

X Edge coverage? :D

I only read about it on 2ch so I'm not quite sure what exactly is covered, though there are 3 in-game screens while executing a "special" attack so it looks almost identical to early Agarest Senki screen shots. A number of heroines get swim suit outfits...whether they get school swimsuits (suku mizu) or regular swimsuits depends on the char's age...so I guess you don't get to see Morrigan in a school swimsuit :p eagerly awaiting the scans :p

Hcoregamer00

Jiggy37 said:

You can see the proof coming out in November, when Vakyria Chronicles comes out.

The game has an amazing anime art style, but pay attention to the people who are not buying it because the game has the same art style. The same goes for Tales of Vesperia.

I want to be wrong, trust me. I want both of them to be very successful, but I am pretty jaded.

Id.

rykomatsu said:
I only read about it on 2ch so I'm not quite sure what exactly is covered, though there are 3 in-game screens while executing a "special" attack so it looks almost identical to early Agarest Senki screen shots. A number of heroines get swim suit outfits...whether they get school swimsuits (suku mizu) or regular swimsuits depends on the char's age...so I guess you don't get to see Morrigan in a school swimsuit :p eagerly awaiting the scans :p
No new characters shown in the screens?

Rpgmonkey

They could have at least used CG that looks a bit more like anime than what they used.

Also interested in seeing who's developing ToH and if it's 2D or 3D (can anyone tell?).

Good week, can't wait to see what pops up. :D

rykomatsu

Id. said:
No new characters shown in the screens?

there's supposed boxart floating around...i'll see if i can find it, but not sure where it's from...looks like Lyner from Ar Tonelico will be in the game too if it's the real boxart...

ps3_xedge.jpg

note top right...

Hcoregamer00

Rpgmonkey said:
They could have at least used CG that looks a bit more like anime than what they used.

Also interested in seeing who's developing ToH and if it's 2D or 3D (can anyone tell?).

Good week, can't wait to see what pops up. :D

Looks 3D like tales of innocence.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Wind of Nostalgia - DS, Tecmo/Red Entertainment, Developed by Matrix
I thought this game was announced months ago but that was Avalon Code as I found out at Wikipedia.

Yet another DS RPG (I presume).

rykomatsu

there should be something about doki doki majo shinpan 2 as well, since that's being released in a few more weeks...

Id.

rykomatsu said:
there's supposed boxart floating around...i'll see if i can find it, but not sure where it's from...looks like Lyner from Ar Tonelico will be in the game too if it's the real boxart...

ps3_xedge.jpg

note top right...
Yeah I see. Cool. Also, is that Jedah next to Lillith on the left side, or are my eyes just bad?

Tenbatsu

REVIEWS
[NDS】
Cosmetick Paradise | 5-6-6-7(24/40)
Pet Shop Monogatari DS | 8-7-7-7(29/40)
NARUTO VS SASUKE | 5-5-6-7(23/40)
Simple DS Series Vol. 41: The Bakudan Shori-Han | 8-8-7-7(30/40)
Simple DS Series Vol. 42: The Haioku Byoutou | 6-6-7-6(25/40)
Lengend of Stafy | 8-7-8-8(31/40)
Custom Beat Battle: Draglade 2 | 7-7-8-7(29/40)
Gegege no Kitarou: Youkai Daigekisen | 7-7-8-8(30/40)

[PS3】
Kane & Lynch | 8-7-7-7(29/40)

[PS2】
PERSONA 4 | 8-9-8-8(33/40)

[PSP】
Poncotsu Roman Daikatsugeki Bumpy Trot: Vehicle Battle Tournament | 7-7-7-7(28/40)
God of War: Chain of Olympus | 9-9-9-9(36/40)
GPX Cyber Formula VS | 5-6-6-4(21/40)

[Xbox360】
Kane & Lynch | 8-7-7-7(29/40)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
RYU GA GOTOKU 3

I AM IN LOVE!

Yay SEGA

Persona 4 scores: looking forward to it still even if it didn't score as high as 3 ;)!

Top Bottom