• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Forza Motorsport 2 Custom Liveries Parade

alisdair

I spent a couple of hours in the editor this afternoon. My first attempt was a classic Mega Man pose, and it was a disaster. I can't draw.

So I decided to try something a bit easier:

3260333_500.jpg

I'm not sure how to turn it into a full paint job, but that can wait until tonight.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
alisdair said:
I spent a couple of hours in the editor this afternoon. My first attempt was a classic Mega Man pose, and it was a disaster. I can't draw.

So I decided to try something a bit easier:

http://data.tumblr.com/3260333_500.jpg[

I'm not sure how to turn it into a full paint job, but that can wait until tonight.[/QUOTE]

that turned out awesome. great job. i'd imagine you could do a simple megaman background, something blue with rivets, pretty easily.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Dina said:
Those scarface cars are everywhere.

I know. :\

I saw a GoW car about a week ago that was unbelievably gorgeous but I couldn't afford it. Now all I see are the hideous GoW cars that are all copies of one another, and I actually have cash to spend.

Xamdou

Brashnir said:
did you do a buyout on that one? I had a big on that car a couple days ago and somebody bought me out. :(

Yeah my first bid on it was around 300k which was the starting bid... and as soon as someone else bidded on it I decided to buy it out the car with 500k :lol A lot of factors went to me buying out the whole auction: M3, Optimus Prime, TF logo, Great Red/Blue blend, design etc so I bought it out since I wanted the car real bad.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Borci88 said:
Damn it Australia, we always get short-changed and have release dates set 2 weeks after the US and Europe date, ours is set for June 14th. :( :( :( :( Cant wait to get into the action. Porsche 959 ftmfw!

Its because we got Halo 2 before the U.S all those years ago. They still punish us for it.

cochese said:
^^^^ you nailed the style (noodle)...thats pretty amazing! What about the rest of the band?:D

:lol

"Hey nice job installing that toilet. You want to build my house while you've still got your toolbox?"

No, but seriously, it's in the works. I'll probably throw some nice green rims on there too. I keep forgetting to do that stuff. It really adds a nice little whammy.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
so1337 said:
So, here it is. My celda mini.

forza2handler.jpg

Took forever but I LOVE how it turned out. :)

:0 Gift it over. NOW!!!

(Or let me know when it's selling on the Auction House).

Awesome job!

My first design, and clearly a work-in-progress:

YWIP_2.PNG

Took me about three - four hours of experimenting since I ****ed up the first version and I plan on adjusting a lot of things. Not satisfied with the proportions (especially the nose) and I still have to use those red triangles on the roof. Oh, and if anyone wondered why Yoshi looks like a freak:

070604.jpg

so1337

chespace said:
:0 Gift it over. NOW!!!

(Or let me know when it's selling on the Auction House).

Awesome job!
I'm not selling it on the auction house yet. Actually I wanted to gift it to some of you guys. :)

What's your gamertag, Che?

Tf53

so1337 said:
I'm not selling it on the auction house yet. Actually I wanted to gift it to some of you guys. :)

I'd love to have one, I can even send a Mini over so you can simply stamp the design on there. Add me if it's ok, my gamertag is Tf53.

p3tran

Banned
:) mille gracias jube!!

as I told you, I did a total upgradaton on this beautiful car, that has now become an awd beast!

223b08bc460e4ea6b3aaf2aea701de22.jpg

some minor aero changes where necessary, hope you dont mind, it is for the better

1cfedca6a95d2c4ebf4dad0e009d22dd.jpg

thanks again, catch you online! 8)

d096d89e7669b14338e3bc87201d78a6.jpg

so1337

Tf53 said:
I'd love to have one, I can even send a Mini over so you can simply stamp the design on there. Add me if it's ok, my gamertag is Tf53.
Perfect. I'll send it out tomorrow, alright?

Che, you're getting yours tomorrow too.

Gamertag: retropossum

Y2Kev

Wow, I love that megaman car, Jube.

Are you selling any on the auction house? I only have 550k. :(

Just put up three cars.

First, the sportzhead car. Starting price is 50,000CR. Buyout is 230,000
Search: Price- 50,000CR-99,999CR, Make- Scion
539291014_3a4285324a_o.jpg

539291010_374a6f4a9f.jpg

539290984_19f9597653.jpg

And due to popular demand, Dreamer4 and DreamerS (Special Edition).
Search: Price- 50,000CR-99,999CR, Make- Vauxhall
539291022_90e67663fe.jpg

Starting price is 60,000CR. Buyout is 300,000CR

539291048_e6b0d00e0a.jpg

Starting price is 75,000CR. Buyout is 330,000CR

variance

what would I have to do to get one of these awesome Zelda: TP cars? if I sent over one of my cars could you just copy and paste the designs or something? I'm definitely not artistic enough to build something cool myself ;(

Jube3

Fight for Freeform said:
p3tran how much did you pick that up for?

He won it in the Gaf Series tourney (class C, stock integras) :D I put a free car up for the winner of the series, it was kind of impromptu but there was an all gaf room so I tried to make it interesting. Some of the most intense racing ive ever seen. P3tran and Joates were tied going into the last race 14 points each, and joates got taken out of the race in the first lap by Gowans. Hence the megaman car lol. P3tran won a megaman car of his choice.

FightyF

Banned
Oh ho ho that's a battle of the powerhouses! Too bad you can't distribute replays after saving them, those would have been some exciting races to watch. Congrats p3tran!

Joates

Banned
Jube3 said:
He won it in the Gaf Series tourney (class C, stock integras) :D I put a free car up for the winner of the series, it was kind of impromptu but there was an all gaf room so I tried to make it interesting. Some of the most intense racing ive ever seen. P3tran and Joates were tied going into the last race 14 points each, and joates got taken out of the race in the first lap by Gowans. Hence the megaman car lol. P3tran won a megaman car of his choice.

Ahh, Jube, how is our "other" car paint job coming along? You know the one Im talking about :lol

Y2Kev said:
That's AWESOME.

I was looking on the auction house now but I've found it is hard to find a good C class. Everything is either:

a) animu
b) a vagina
c) that awful scarface car

Gotta hang on a little longer.

edit: Gowans, was that your first work? It's actually...really good.

Where can I find this mythical vagina car????

Also...I about spit out my drink when I read this post and then scrolled down about 10 posts to see someone showing off their new Scarface car :)

p3tran

Banned
thanks FFF
Joates said:
Ahh, Jube, how is our "other" car paint job coming along? You know the one Im talking about :lol
well, we could warn the entire gaf community that a ridiculously great paintjob is coming their way to make them pass out, but I guess we shouldnt.. :)

other than that, my garage keeps getting more beautiful. now I'm gonna tune another of my gaf favorites (thanks Ian)
1af1ec3f1f15d3c4ed4b60e0d6512718.jpg

chespace

so1337 said:

chespace 1up

Let me know if you have trouble adding me and I'll add you. What's your gamertag?

and yeah, I can gift a Mini Cooper over so you don't have to buy one.

Unless you can put that design on another car for me :)

suikodan

I just got the game and started drawing right away (I'll submit when it's done). My livery is coming up fine except that I'm really not optimized in term of shapes and forms.

Is there a website somewhere that helps about getting "that perfect curved line" or "that special gradient effect"?

Y2Kev

Jub3 (or anyone on gaf), is the Paper Mario car your car (it has a jumping mario on the side and a pixl on the hood). I saw one just like it on the marketplace and was wondering if people were selling your design.

I saw a zelda one too but it's like 1,000,000+ that I liked. More endurance races I guess.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Rekwest said:
I just got this from the auction House only 120000CR

caracortada02.jpg

caracortada01.jpg

You got robbed.. I have seen about 40 of those cars last night.. not joking..

I just made my first crappy design last night and I am quite proud of it hahah I have no art talent at all.. so I am excited.. maybe I will grow some rocks and post a picture here..

Y2Kev

Yeah I didn't want to say anything. :lol

The Scarface design is on 1 in 4 cars I click on.

FightyF

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Yeah I didn't want to say anything. :lol

The Scarface design is on 1 in 4 cars I click on.

Me three. heheh

I think I made the worst purchase ever. But it was my first purchase over the AH, and it was late at night...and...well, I wasn't thinking straight. I'll post pics when I can.

Sonki is trying to work on a Sonic car as I speak...using the Sonic 1 case as a reference. He's totally new to this so we'll see how this turns out.

Y2Kev

I bid 750,000 on the Paper Mario car. I really want a C car. It's an Mazda...RX-8. It's low in the C class so I have plenty of room to upgrade it. If I get outbid, should I rebid or wait on another car?

Jube3

Y2Kev said:
I think it's a knockoff. It's Pixl on the front and not that block.

Yea Ive been knocked off on a the paper mario and zelda ones, some were poor and some were pretty close. One guy sent me a note saying he spent 15 hours on recreating one :O
ill post pics of a recent one when i get home lol.

Y2Kev

Jube3 said:
Yea Ive been knocked off on a the paper mario and zelda ones, some were poor and some were pretty close. One guy sent me a note saying he spent 15 hours on recreating one :O
ill post pics of a recent one when i get home lol.

Dude, that's how you know you've made it. People are knocking you off.

edit: Deviant, your car is gorgeous. I want it.

chespace

hotsauceiswack said:
Damn, does anyone have anything they are willing to gift a poor guy with 6,436 credits?:lol

gt:hotsauceiswack

I'll send you something. :)

Stryder

Hey Che, if you're still feeling generous would you mind sending me a little something something? :)

I just got the game yesterday, my garage is a little bland.

GT is 'dancube'

LJ11

My hands are beyond cramped after playing this game for most of the weekend. I don't know where you guys find the time to make all this stuff and race at the same time. Amazing stuff in here. Wish I had the talent to create some of these liveries, because I'll never be able to afford it at the AH. I'm trying to horde cash to visit the AH for some great liveries, but I've only amassed around 200k, and that's with very few upgrades to my cars. I still have a long way to go, but I fear for my hands.

Thanks for linking to the Livery guide Tieno.

Top Bottom