• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Forza Motorsport 2 Custom Liveries Parade

cochese

Just put my Psychonauts car up for auction. It's a class C Porsche.

f406ce44-727f-4774-9c31-bcbe0a302c1.jpg

10 million here I come! :lol

cochese

Truelize said:
Can you link to your JSRF car so I can see what you did? I really don't have a plan for the entire design. I just knew I wanted to do the symbol.

it has the symbol on top of the hood. I dont have a pic of it, but im pretty sure you could find it in this thread.

a2.jpg

Dejay - Awesome!

durden

"Books made me do it"
The designs on here are amazing.
Here is my first attempt, the Sin City muscle car.
Took way longer than I thought it would, which is why i didn't really work on the back part at all. I think Marv looks ok though.

topviewcropped.jpg

side.jpg

corner1.jpg

BonnetCloseupCropped.jpg

racepic1.jpg

Sho Nuff said:
http://i8.tinypic.com/6cxc5ft.jpg[IMG]

Fight For Freeform gifted me this car with the Daytona Hornet colors laid out and the 41, so I added all the decals and stickers and stuff from original reference material. This is as close as I could possibly get it to the original high-poly Hornet renders from 1994. :) The only difference is that the stickers on the door had the AM2 logo, Model 2 text, etc etc. It's pretty much unreadable at that size so I replaced them with standard stickers, plus I didn't wanna go completely insane.

FFF, let me know what your GamerTag is again so I can gift it back to you. :D

[IMG]http://i15.tinypic.com/62on6z4.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Gift me that car and I'll gift you my heart. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/blacker_omegalon/icon_redface.gif
gt: Omegalon

durden said:
Took way longer than I thought it would, which is why i didn't really work on the back part at all. I think Marv looks ok though.

Stunning.

Personally, I'm a much bigger fan of something like this than the technically impressive Jessica Alba one. While the transparency system lends itself to that kind of stuff, slick flat stuff looks so much more appealing to me. (Hence the reason I still like to gawk at the Noodle car I made. It just looks so sharp! Seriously!)

cochese

durden said:

:0 1st attempt?!

hmmm....my Psychonauts car is not up on the auction house. Odd

NeXuSDK

While the Halo cars both you Jub and Modus has created a really cool looking, both of them have a very cartoonish-style them...

I know it's probably extremely difficult to a paint job with a Craig Mullins style to it, but with some of the work I've seen you to do, I don't doubt for a second that it's possible.

Some reference art:
EGM Cover
Edge Cover
Sneaking

Tieno

Awesome Halo car! Almost didn't notice MC on the left. There are a couple of good looking Halo cars in that thread.

Dommel

so1337 said:
It's just not the same without the antenna so I'd be very glad if you could send me a mini. I'm low on credits atm. :D Gamertag: retropossum

Good luck then. :lol:

You bet.

4 Minis in the queue so far. Get them while you can. :D

Can I gift you one too? That car is gorgeous!

Jube3

NeXuSDK said:
While the Halo cars both you Jub and Modus has created a really cool looking, both of them have a very cartoonish-style them...

I know it's probably extremely difficult to a paint job with a Craig Mullins style to it, but with some of the work I've seen you to do, I don't doubt for a second that it's possible.

Some reference art:
EGM Cover
Edge Cover
Sneaking

Someone is working on the craig mullins and its coming out pretty cool
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/seenfromplanes/forza2handler-2.jpg

I think all it would take to make the one I did more realistic would be to change some of the shading colors and then add more detail/scratches, and colros to give it a more realistic look. I really like doing illustrative type things though but Ill def keep that in mind if I do another halo car. The thought of trying to make it look like a Mullins piece without my wacom is...lol

alisdair

Kobun!

Having tried it on a few cars, I think the design works best on the Evo.8. I've tuned this one up to the very top of B class, and it's now one of my favourites.

Tieno

The Faceless Master said:
4tktkxl.jpg

6873bqx.jpg

674e2yu.jpg

65zqejm.jpg

Phew...Party!!! [<:eek:)] finally....I finished the 1st of my Viva Pinata designs for the Nissan Fairlady Z. I'd hate to figure out how long this one took, lol, a good learning process for the paint program in Forza that's for sure, That darn Crowla beak, lol. Now I need to go race sometime...ha. This particular design will be a Limited Edition of only 6 cars. I will put them on the Auction House on Monday and Tuesday evenings, 3 cars a night, 2 hr auctions. Starting bids will be 500,000.....

They will be listed at 7pm, 9.30pm and 12pm Eastern Time and finish 2 hrs later.

As there's only 6 avaiable, instead of numbering them, each is signed (very tiny and discrete)...'Mi8tyB' ......so, on each car one different individual letter will be coloured in in that sig'......making each car unique and identifiable....
Oh, there's a bit of a story to the design....the chase scene is on the side....the hood shows who gets what......and on the roof who goes to heaven...ha..or hell....whatever you want....lol......

Happy bidding.......

AMAZING!

edit:
4xwcawk.jpg

wagon

Tokubetsu said:
How did you do the skull? I made the shittiest skull on my rx-7 today. Teach me please? ='(
Mostly with the bean and teardrop primitives, with a rectangle for the teeth. Think of adding white shapes with the intention of cutting away and refining with black.

Teleporter

Man u guys are genius!!!!

Hey say now, some of u "masters" could put up some youtube feed with advanced tips on pulling thoes nice transparencies and shades. Is it too much to ask?
Keep on GAF with the incredible Forza2 thread.

Haklong

so1337 said:
I already gifted 5 of them and I wanted to leave it at that. I'm really sorry. There's still one left on the auction house though.

Yes.

Awesome. I should be home in an hour. I will send you the two cars then.

Jube3

Tieno said:
Viva Pinata was really a beautiful game and so colorful. That design nailed it.

Yea it really did, Its so nice that he kept the design goign throught the entire car. Alot of people just settle on pasting it on the hood. This came out awesome and a great adittion to a garage.

_Angelus_

Banned
I threw up a couple of New York Mets cars on the auction house.
If anyone wants one gifted to them then I could less one or two go.

alisdair

trag said:
Mix-n-match from various stages of development. Kanji clearly redone in one of the pics.

This is my favourite paintjob of the thread. I love that you're going for something sort of in keeping with a real race car design, the artwork is really sharp, and the attention to detail is impressive. The only thing I don't much like is "Nothing personal", possibly just because I hate the font.

Great work!

trag

Yeah, I was thinking about redoing the font by hand but I had already spent over 30 hours on the car at that point. Live and learn. Thanks for the comments. IMO, it's not too bad for a first attempt.

There is a red-wing edition up on the auction house right now if anyone is interested:

Make: Nissan
Model: S15
Year: 2000
Class: U
Level: 0
HP: >600

I may do another Afro-inspired car later, but the design would be a bit different (less red, more of the greys and blacks).

- ben

LJ11

cochese said:
Just slapped on this one pretty quick. If anyone wants it, just send me a 98 Subaru Impreza and ill tag it on for free.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I sound like a broken record at this point...:)

That looks amazing.

cochese said:
Just slapped on this one pretty quick. If anyone wants it, just send me a 98 Subaru Impreza and ill tag it on for free.

You nailed the art, but personally I would bring the font back taller. One of the sickest things about the box art is that killer Futura Bold action. I am a stickler to that sort of thing, though.

:)

cochese

BenjaminBirdie said:
You nailed the art, but personally I would bring the font back taller. One of the sickest things about the box art is that killer Futura Bold action. I am a stickler to that sort of thing, though.

:)
give me a sec....:)

Top Bottom