• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Thread of Superfluous Subtitles

We don't know everything about the World Tour guitars yet. You can go to guitarhero.com to see the guitar and wonder "just what is on that neck?"

DGRP

TheGreatDave said:
We don't know everything about the World Tour guitars yet. You can go to guitarhero.com to see the guitar and wonder "just what is on that neck?"

guitar-hero-world-tour-guitar-1.jpg

Regular and probably touch sensitive solo frets.

Johnkers

So I decided to play this some today and I have renewed love for some of those charts (and songs!)

Ruby of course, She Bangs the Drums, Impulse and Heir Kommt Alex specifically. Amazing

M3wThr33

Banned
Game Informer had a little blurb hidden away. Jam Mode got taken out of GHWT. (Basically it was supposed to be like remix mode from Amplitude.)

GH Tunes is still in.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheGreatDave said:
Guitar Hero 3's charts are awesome

Absolutely love the HO/POs and songs that make the most use of them.

Anyone here have a community.guitarhero.com account?

s'up.
Here's the final list guys. Obviously there are spoilers!

Tier 1 - "Getting The Band Together" (Nipmuc High)

* “Dream Police” - Cheap Trick
* “All the Young Dudes” - Mott the Hoople (cover)
* “Make it” - Aerosmith
* “Uncle Salty” - Aerosmith
* “Draw the Line” - Aerosmith

Tier 2 - "First Taste Of Success" (Max's Kansas City)

* “I Hate Myself for Loving You” - Joan Jett
* “All Day and All of the Night” - The Kinks (cover)
* “No Surprize” - Aerosmith
* “Movin’ Out” - Aerosmith
* “Sweet Emotion” - Aerosmith

Tier 3 - "The Triumphant Return" (The Orpheum)

* “Complete Control” - The Clash
* “Personality Crisis” - New York Dolls (cover)
* “Livin’ on the Edge” - Aerosmith
* “Rag Doll” - Aerosmith
* “Love in an Elevator” - Aerosmith

Tier 4 - International Superstars (Moscow)

* "She Sells Sanctuary" - The Cult
* "King of Rock" - RUN DMC
* "Nobody's Fault" - Aerosmith
* "Bright Light Fright" - Aerosmith
* "Walk This Way" - Run DMC feat. Aerosmith

Tier 5 - "The Great American Band" (Half-Time)

* “Hard to Handle” - The Black Crowes (cover)
* “Always On The Run” - Lenny Kravitz
* “Back in the Saddle” - Aerosmith
* “Beyond Beautiful” - Aerosmith
* “Dream On” - Aerosmith

Tier 6 - "Rock N Roll Legends" (Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame)

* “Cat Scratch Fever" - Ted Nugent
* “Sex Type Thing” - Stone Temple Pilots
* Guitar Battle Vs Joe Perry
* "Mama Kin" - Aerosmith
* "Toys In The Attic" - Aerosmith
* “Train Kept A Rollin” - Aerosmith

Misc Songs ("The Vault")

* "Walk This Way" - Aerosmith
* "Rats In The Cellar" - Aerosmith
* "Kings and Queens" - Aerosmith
* "Combination" - Aerosmith
* "Let The Music Do The Talking" - Aerosmith
* "Shakin My Cage" - Joe Perry
* "Pink" - Aerosmith
* "Talk Talkin" - Joe Perry
* "Mercy" - Joe Perry
* "Pandora's Box" - Aerosmith
* "Joe Perry Guitar Battle" - Joe Perry
bold = oy vey.

M3wThr33

Banned
Wait. Amongst all the other shit in Game Informer that usually gets leaked before I get the mag, THIS wasn't known yet?

Edit:
Wow, that list sort is... something else. Dream on in Tier 5? This chronology doesn't seem to ramp up in difficulty well.
And no 'Dude Looks Like a Lady'
Guitar Battle? :(

Otherwise the list is fine.

ElyrionX

They have a fucking boss battle in GH: Aerosmith? After all that bitching about boss battles in GH3, they're STILL doing it? Is Neversoft fucking retarded or what? Fucking shitty developers.

ElyrionX said:
They have a fucking boss battle in GH: Aerosmith? After all that bitching about boss battles in GH3, they're STILL doing it? Is Neversoft fucking retarded or what? Fucking shitty developers.

The concept rocks. They just need to make it fair. Neversoft are too cool for school.

TheGreatDave said:
The concept rocks. They just need to make it fair. Neversoft are too cool for school.

No, it doesn't rock. That's not why people play these games. I don't care if they want to include them, but make them completely optional and multiplayer-focused. They have absolutely no place in career.

BboyDubC

ElyrionX said:

What in the world makes you think it is in career... it is listed off on the side in misc tracks. For all we know, it could just be an unlockable "bonus".

That list is missing some of their newer popular songs (Jaded, Armageddon song) which could have gone in as bonuses.

Also, the 40% non aerosmith claim seems off

ElyrionX

BboyDubC said:
What in the world makes you think it is in career... it is listed off on the side in misc tracks. For all we know, it could just be an unlockable "bonus".

Ummm the fact that it's listed in TIER 6?

TheGreatDave said:

No, the concept SUCKS. In real life, guitar battles are boring-ass affairs for people who don't play guitar and don't know wtf is going on. Neversoft fucks it up even further by thinking that gaming concepts like "attacks" would work well in a game like Guitar Hero.

Boss battles is a fucking shitty concept that could have only been thought up by a shitty developer like Neversoft. Fuck them.

ElyrionX said:
No, the concept SUCKS. In real life, guitar battles are boring-ass affairs for people who don't play guitar and don't know wtf is going on. Neversoft fucks it up even further by thinking that gaming concepts like "attacks" would work well in a game like Guitar Hero.

Boss battles is a fucking shitty concept that could have only been thought up by a shitty developer like Neversoft. Fuck them.

If the entire game became based around the idea than I'd be jumping on your bandwagon of hate, however as a minor distraction and change of pace through the main career mode that you only have to play a couple of times I thought the boss battles were cool. And as a multiplayer mode I think it works really well; I've spent more time playing battle mode online than pro face off or co-op.

The Lou battle is complete bullshit, because it's poorly designed. The other two, no problems with. I don't give a shit if the concepts are unrealistic or not like the standard gameplay.

fresquito

Battles have potential to be entertaining, alas they are poorly designed and unbalanced. Too dependant on luck and with some ass boring parts where you only strum like crazy to hit some notes :lol

fresquito said:
Battles have potential to be entertaining, alas they are poorly designed and unbalanced. Too dependant on luck and with some ass boring parts where you only strum like crazy to hit some notes :lol

From what they've said about GH:WT, I hope the mode is going to be better in the next game.

BSS said:
FUCK. This song needs to come to any game other than this one. Horrible news.

By "any game" you mean "the one game featuring a guitar that's even comparable in quality"? Cos if you cared that much you'd already have it.

sneaky77

TheGreatDave said:
WHERE ARE THE WHITE STRIPES?

Did neversoft confirm the white stripes for this game? because if it was one of those random quotes... we already know they never get it right.. like Def Leppard was going to be in gh4, then it was dlc.. etc...

The boss battle is optional I think, and they said they revamped them to be more about how well you play and less about the attacks, the original gh3 battle mode is multiplayer only I think.

MadFuzzy

Ironically it looks like the White Stripes are in that Disney Ultimate Band game if the leaked trailer the other day is anything to go by (it had a version of Fell In Love With A Girl in it).

DarkJC

Andrex said:
Absolutely love the HO/POs and songs that make the most use of them.

Anyone here have a community.guitarhero.com account?

I would assume most that were here from the beginning of the thread do. Well, I know I do anyway. Apparently I'm still only at ~63million for my overall score :/ Don't know if I'll ever hit 100 mil at this rate.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
dammitmattt said:
No, it doesn't rock. That's not why people play these games. I don't care if they want to include them, but make them completely optional and multiplayer-focused. They have absolutely no place in career.

You can whuss out of them and move onto the next tier, you know.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
birdman said:
I'm pretty sure a lot of people on expert would love to have that option. :lol

Yeah I heard TDWDTG is the second hardest song. :/ I can't beat either of the bosses on hard, so that song is gonna snap me like a twig.

DarkJC said:
I would assume most that were here from the beginning of the thread do. Well, I know I do anyway. Apparently I'm still only at ~63million for my overall score :/ Don't know if I'll ever hit 100 mil at this rate.

Lucky, I'm at 18.2 mil right now. Although, I haven't even gone back to easy to redo my songs, and I haven't started Expert yet.

Also there's like no one online in the Wii version mos of the time. :(

birdman

Andrex said:
Yeah I heard TDWDTG is the second hardest song. :/ I can't beat either of the bosses on hard, so that song is gonna snap me like a twig.

It took me so many tries on Hard to finally beat the bastard. Beating him on expert is a pipe dream for me.

Top Bottom